The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Back in Print! Professional Close-Up of Curtis Kam: Deceptions in Paradise (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
756 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Magic Methods has Curtis Kam's Deceptions in Paradise book (Back in Print) that, if you missed out on it back in the late 90's, you'd do well to snag one while you still can.

The content is strong worker material with coins, cards, a coffee mug, earrings and more. Over the years, I have done at least 3 of these routines regularly and the reactions are great. How often do we even get one routine to add to and KEEP in our repertoire, let alone three?
Hondo88
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Hondo88
I just purchased this book secondhand. Wondering if I paid too much - LOL. Do you have any further details like where it can be bought and for how much?
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
756 Posts

Just that Magic Methods has a bunch of copies right now, so you might try them.

When it first came out, I believe it was under $50. There is still much value in getting Curtis' first printing, if you like knowing you have an original Smile

Smart move hunting it down anyway. You never know when these go out of print nor if they will ever be re-released. I don't blame you for paying a bit more to get your hands on it.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1075 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2017, Hondo88 wrote:
I just purchased this book secondhand. Wondering if I paid too much - LOL. Do you have any further details like where it can be bought and for how much?

The Magic Methods reprint is a spiral bound paperback copy. The original edition was a hardbound book without a dust jacket and it was published by the late Jerry Mentzer. I also have an original copy and prefer that to the reprint.
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
756 Posts

There you go, Hondo88! You have a superior copy! Hope you're enjoying the content.
MagicMethods
View Profile
New user
Mount Holly,NC.USA
3 Posts

Profile of MagicMethods
Just an FYI- I own Magic Methods and do not plan to reprint Mr. Kam's book in Hardbound again. The current soft cover, spiral bound edition contains all the original material.
Eddy Wade
PO Box 386
Mt. Holly,NC 28120
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
And the spiral version lays flat and open when your hands are full of coins. def a plus, from what I'm told.

And there's cards. Stuff that's still in my working rep years later. Stuff that solves problems, material that gets you hired (at least, it got me hired) and one effect that was only used to win a contest, that remains unknown, and is waiting to do the same for you.

Eddie did a terrific job with the book, and I'm very happy that it's available again.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
756 Posts

Yes! It's a big deal when a book lies flat.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Back in Print! Professional Close-Up of Curtis Kam: Deceptions in Paradise (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL