The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Ten Card Miracle by Ted Karmilovich, LIMITED EDITION (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Bill Brunelle
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Bill Brunelle
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2017, Karl M wrote:
I ordered it but I also just bought the Robert Gobbi lecture penguin one and seen what it is now I wish hadnt just buy the same thing twice

I am familiar with both routines, and, to me, they are not the same thing. They share similar antecedents, but one is structured by a magician and the other by a mentalist. For what I'm doing with mentalism these days, I much prefer Ted's. If you're working as a mentalist, you will not regret having purchased it. It is priced as a very limited edition and creates quite a different effect utilizing 10 spectators standing throughout the audience. This fills the room, and Ted's unique scripting and handling are brilliant. Roberto's involves calling out 10 cards held by one spectator seated onstage.

Ted's full-time livelihood comes solely from performing mentalism year after , for lay audiences. On those rare occasions when he releases performance rights in a limited edition of a single routine (usually for $200 and up), it is something he has been out in the trenches with every day for years, adjusting the nuances which he then lays out in his manuscript. Even though I knew the effect and methodology, I asked to buy it anyway because I wanted to pay attention to all the little subtleties that I knew would be in the manual. Most of you reading this are probably magicians and not mentalists, so you'll be very happy with Roberto's smooth handling of his "Card Call" routine.

For those of you who have already ordered it, I spoke to Ted earlier today. All the orders placed were shipped yesterday, so you should have it in your hands soon.
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Thank you Bill
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Cheers Bill mate I feel a lot better about buying it now
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2891 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Sounds like a great routine, eagerly awaiting your feedback guys!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of makulit974
HI
Does this come in a download too?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10725 Posts

Profile of saysold1
100% killer.

Not on penguin.

Highest recommendation.

Genius in its power and simplicity.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10725 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2017, makulit974 wrote:
HI
Does this come in a download too?

Nope.

Similar to Target #. Printed mini book.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1135 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Level of difficulty?
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1873 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Can it be performed with less than 10 spectators participating? Is it possible to adapt Ted's method and do (say) a Five Card Miracle?

George
Bill Brunelle
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Bill Brunelle
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2017, rosariorose9 wrote:
Level of difficulty?

Without knowing someone or their background, it's next to impossible to rank level of difficulty. But, if you have some performing experience and success at leading people to think you've read their mind, then I'd say it's a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10. Read over the description of the effect. Can you remember the logistical sequence? If yes, it's a piece of cake. This is not a card trick, nor does it require any real sleight of hand. Technically, it's almost self-working. it's a mentalism effect that carries mind-blowing impact if you've any experience in the role of a mentalist. And if you're new to mentalism and magic, then it's a 4, if that.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10725 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2017, rosariorose9 wrote:
Level of difficulty?

Simple.

On a level of 1-5 stars difficulty, I would say a 2.

If you know Ted as the creator of moabt and target # among others, guy know that he creates miracles that are not bogged down with complexity. The scripting here is superb.

Rating this overall - 5 stars.
Bill Brunelle
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Bill Brunelle
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2017, George Hunter wrote:
Can it be performed with less than 10 spectators participating? Is it possible to adapt Ted's method and do (say) a Five Card Miracle?

George

Hi George,
Technically there's no problem doing it with only 5 people, but it changes the impact. Once you read it, I think you're going to want to do it with 10. And for that number, you can do it with an audience as small as 12 people.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10725 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2017, George Hunter wrote:

George

Well here's the thing.

Sure - you could do it with one card, 3 cards or whatever. But honestly, why mess with a delicious recipie that is a fully scripted masterpiece?

This is NOT a trick. No.

It's a full scripted performance reputation maker. The trick is irrelevant. Those seeking the latest trick can go buy Andy Nyman's Code and go to the races with many effects and routines.

This is not that.

It's a treasured performance piece honed perfectly like a well balanced tool. Every little nuance - every reveal (especially the 3rd one) is part of a greater whole building to a wonderful kicker ending.

Those seeking the latest trick should avoid this. It's not that.

The price of this is too ridiculously low. We hear that all the time I know, but this baby is a showstopper.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1873 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Thanks, Guys:

George
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
575 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Order placed, looking forward to it!

Provided this flows as I'm hoping, this'll be the PERFECT fit into a particular segment of my current stage show (and that means a lot because those who have read my posts in the past know that I typically shy away from using playing cards in my formal shows) - fingers crossed!

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX

ELEMENTARY: Now Available!
ALL PROJECTS AVAILABLE AT: www.mindofandrews.com/colleagues
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10725 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I am about to add this as a permanent element of my stage show.

I think this will be idea around position #2 or #3...

...wide audience involvement, and a great display of abilities, unexpected kicker.

Cards may be left with the audience members at end for a souvenir.

The playing cards suggested in the manuscript (recommended, not at all necessary) are easily found on Ebay.
wchoo002
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of wchoo002
Can this be done with a borrowed deck?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12587 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2017, wchoo002 wrote:

Could be yes but why even ask unless taping our knowledge for puzzle pieces. Who in the world during their stage show borrows a deck?

Although I know you could have a stooge hand you a deck but what for? You're the performer you're supposed to bring your stuff with you.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10251 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2017, wchoo002 wrote:

There's always one. Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10725 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Yes it can be done blindfolded - with a borrowed deck - on a trapeze - in the middle of a fierce winter storm - short sleeves.

No problem.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Ten Card Miracle by Ted Karmilovich, LIMITED EDITION (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL