The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubik's Dream by Henry Harrius (50 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Nathan Horne
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Nathan Horne
The video is being shared on Facebook - revealing the shell : ( Would have been better if they re-cut the promo to not reveal the secret - for social media
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2017, Nathan Horne wrote:
The video is being shared on Facebook - revealing the shell : ( Would have been better if they re-cut the promo to not reveal the secret - for social media

Not good. That'll also expose rubicon.
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Not good!

Robert
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Where is it on Facebook? That's not good.
Nathan Horne
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Nathan Horne
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2017, itsmagic wrote:
Where is it on Facebook? That's not good.

https://www.facebook.com/VanishingInc/vi......5775146/

On the Vanishing Inc page. To my knowledge it's public
Mike ODonnell
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
215 Posts

Profile of Mike ODonnell
I can't believe he reveals the method and then others openly discuss Wilson's effect. This should really be in inner-thoughts.
dylanxtay
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
157 Posts

Profile of dylanxtay
The Facebook comments has now been removed by the mods of Vanishing Inc, which I see it's a good thing to keep it away from the sight of onlookers.
Dylan Tay
Magician & Cardist

Welcome to #theBLACKseries, a collection of my Cardistry work.
Only at: http://www.instagram.com/dylanxtaylor
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
First time I've been interested in Rubik's cube is when I saw Rubik's Nightmare by Michael Lam, but since it requires memory work, I didn't feel like practicing it and gave up. I have many great card tricks and other effects that do require good memory, so I prefer to avoid having additional effects requiring memory work. I never wanted to know how to solve a cube (too much memory work - not my kind of thing). So I was interested in Rubicon, but probably not enough in rubik's to invest 350 dollars. Given Rubik's Dream asked price, I may be tempted.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Thanks for your response dylanxtay, So you really don't need to know how to solve the cube but it would help .
Cartelli
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Cartelli
I would like to know, what type of cubes are used, because there are different dimentions (57, 56 or 55 mm).
Can we buy additional cubes?
There is also a discrepancy between the trailer and the ad.
The video says and shows: comes with 2 cubes for each shell and 1 extra regular cube and with a bag.
The ad says: comes with 2 regular cubes and one small cube.
So we have to wait to plan any combinations with other cube tricks.
dylanxtay
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
157 Posts

Profile of dylanxtay
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2017, mh1001 wrote:
First time I've been interested in Rubik's cube is when I saw Rubik's Nightmare by Michael Lam, but since it requires memory work, I didn't feel like practicing it and gave up. I have many great card tricks and other effects that do require good memory, so I prefer to avoid having additional effects requiring memory work. I never wanted to know how to solve a cube (too much memory work - not my kind of thing). So I was interested in Rubicon, but probably not enough in rubik's to invest 350 dollars. Given Rubik's Dream asked price, I may be tempted.

I think it's a good time to set the record straight on Rubik's Nightmare, where it's actually created by Henry Harrius and not Michael Lam. You can read on more of this "controversy" below, as explained by Henry himself.

Quote:
On Sep 9, 2015, Henryharrius wrote:
Hi there, this is creator of Rubik's Nightmare. There is also a crediting issue between Michael Lam, Sansmind Magic and me so many might not know Im actually the creator of Rubiks Nightmare (both the stack and the routine). My idea is being sold to Sansmind Magic not even knowing it myself (but that is already a few years ago....). After reading Kerl Hein's post I feel so great knowing all the origins of the effects! I watched Micro Tempest's TV special long long time ago and see him performing the matching cubes. I wanna came up with a method doing the matching cubes that is practical, and that's how the small cube idea in Rubiks Nightmare came to my mind. It's amazing to know the matching cube actually is an idea from Garrett Thomas!

And at the beginning of this year I have a chance to meet Jeremy Pei. From Jeremy I get to know the idea of ungimmicked rubiks cube solving came from Japan (Shoot Ogawa taught Jeremy, and some even older magician from Japan taught Shoot). And then Jeremy showed Michael Lam, and Michael Lam showed me. From there I started to develope my own stack that looks like fully mixed up, and people can burn at my hands. That is the version you see Michael using in the Rubiks Nightmare.

Source:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rt=30#10
Dylan Tay
Magician & Cardist

dylanxtay
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
157 Posts

Profile of dylanxtay
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2017, tophatter wrote:
Thanks for your response dylanxtay, So you really don't need to know how to solve the cube but it would help .

Absolutely, but in performing situations, it's always best to know how to solve it legitimately. It's actually not as difficult as one might think it will be.
Dylan Tay
Magician & Cardist

itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Just received an email stating they've shipped my order! Will let you know what's included when it arrives.
Quique
View Profile
New user
Spain
17 Posts

Profile of Quique
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2017, itsmagic wrote:
Just received an email stating they've shipped my order! Will let you know what's included when it arrives.

When did you preorder it?
Cheers,
Quique
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
April 24th at 3:30pm. I ordered a few items, so maybe this shipment may not include the pre-ordered Rubik's Dream. We shall see.
Jan Schattling
View Profile
New user
Hamburg, Germany
89 Posts

Profile of Jan Schattling
I like cubes and solving them.
Kudos for the honest video.
Since original Rubik's Cubes don't have stickers anymore but plastic tiles I am interested if the change will be as visible as I am afraid of.
"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them." - Lee Jun-fan
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2017, Cartelli wrote:
I would like to know, what type of cubes are used, because there are different dimentions (57, 56 or 55 mm).
Can we buy additional cubes?
There is also a discrepancy between the trailer and the ad.
The video says and shows: comes with 2 cubes for each shell and 1 extra regular cube and with a bag.
The ad says: comes with 2 regular cubes and one small cube.
So we have to wait to plan any combinations with other cube tricks.

Just got my package today and Rubik's Dream was in there! That's the quickest arriving pre-order I'm aware of.

Not sure about the exact cube dimensions, but it comes with two regular sized cubes, a regular size s@#ll, one mini cube and a mini s@#ll, a black velvet bag, stickers for the s@#ll, and a business card with link for tutorial.

Watched 30 minutes of it and the video and sound quality is very well produced. Henry's teaching is easy to follow. Not too fast nor too slow. Just right.

I'm glad he taught the toss in the air solve! This part could've been shown slower and more frequently, but with cube in hand and frequent pausing and replaying, I was able to get the move down. It's a lot of fun practicing it. Looks like real magic. Of course you need a really nice, smooth speed cube which is provided. The cubes move like a well oiled machine. Feels loose but it stops where you need it to as you move it. I have a few speed cubes, but these are something else.

He shows quite a few possible effects including his FISM Rubik's Nightmare. Haven't gotten through the whole video yet, but so far I'm impressed.
Quique
View Profile
New user
Spain
17 Posts

Profile of Quique
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2017, itsmagic wrote:

Just got my package today and Rubik's Dream was in there! That's the quickest arriving pre-order I'm aware of.

Thank you Itsmagic!!

I pre-ordered on 25th so I supposse it will not take too long to come.
Cheers,
Quique
BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
Can one perform the matching mixed cube routine with a spectator with this product?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
It said on VI website that it was going to ship May 17. If some are already shipping that must be an all-time record for a magic pre-order.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubik's Dream by Henry Harrius (50 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL