The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Jennings 67 (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6487 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On May 19, 2020, Barry Gitelson wrote:
The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings was the first magic book I acquired and I still read it now and then. Signed in person by Mr Jennings at my first magic convention. Aboard the Queen Mary in Long Beach.

Mind blown.
Wow. That is fantastic for so many reasons. Thanks for sharing that.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4960 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On May 20, 2020, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On May 19, 2020, Barry Gitelson wrote:
The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings was the first magic book I acquired and I still read it now and then. Signed in person by Mr Jennings at my first magic convention. Aboard the Queen Mary in Long Beach.

Mind blown.
Wow. That is fantastic for so many reasons. Thanks for sharing that.

Agreed. And if that was your first book, I would love to see where you went from there 🧐 I would venture to guess you have an impressive bookshelf (of shelves). Great start. My first book purchase was EATCT and I have to say it was hard for a beginner (IMHO) and a bit off putting. I turned to getting a mentor and using well praised VHS tapes for quite a while at first. I grabbed a small book here and there but got serious about “books” and study / research in 2011. I have since built a pretty good library (again, IMHO). Also, after later re-reading EATCT as well as Darwin Ortiz’s Annotated Erdnase, it has become easier to take in and understand.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
ekins
View Profile
Elite user
Portland, Oregon
420 Posts

Profile of ekins
I have a copy of "The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings" that is signed by Larry to the author, Mike Maxwell. I purchased it from Mike many years ago but it was a mistake that he sent me his personal copy. We were supposed to trade books but he never got back to me with shipping information and I've tried a few times since then to contact him but have not been successful. He seems to have disappeared.

-Brian
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
From what I know, Mike was very sick several years ago. I don’t even know if he survived. Any info ?

So I don’t think this book was a first issue for him.
Lucas Maillard
View Profile
New user
Paris
25 Posts

Profile of Lucas Maillard
Hi guys,

Mike Maxwell has died on december 13th of 2019 : https://forums.geniimagazine.com/viewtop......#p357464
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Merci Lucas !

Mathieu depuis St Bresson (Vosges Saonoises)
Lucas Maillard
View Profile
New user
Paris
25 Posts

Profile of Lucas Maillard
De rien Mathieu,

Le bonjour depuis la côte Atlantique !
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Merci ! Il n’y a pas beaucoup de français sur ce forum.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Jennings 67 (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL