The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Expensively sloppy? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27140 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Is falsifying work damage a fashion thing? Maybe there's a fixative for when you get your clothes stained just right for that "I did something messy sometime" look?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/prps-barracu......=product
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
They look like Apocalypse Pants

Image



I would like to know how he is able to keep his sneakers so white after a day of slaying zombies...
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
It is a curious thing that most people spend more far time and energy on their looks than they do on their minds.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
430 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
"Sit right down and have a sit on my couch..." I don't think so....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20537 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2017, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
It is a curious thing that most people spend more far time and energy on their looks than they do on their minds.


And many think the opposite is true. Which is shocking.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5017 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2017, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Is falsifying work damage a fashion thing? Maybe there's a fixative for when you get your clothes stained just right for that "I did something messy sometime" look?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/prps-barracu......=product


Quickchange to tux would be fun, but those methods are beyond my ken.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
$425.00 ? I'll sell you my GENUINE work pants for 15 bucks! (free shipping)
The Hermit
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2017, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
It is a curious thing that most people spend more far time and energy on their looks than they do on their minds.


It's 85% how you look, 10% how you say it and 5% what you say.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27140 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On May 1, 2017, The Hermit wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2017, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
It is a curious thing that most people spend more far time and energy on their looks than they do on their minds.


It's 85% how you look, 10% how you say it and 5% what you say.


pathos before logos Smile I read that in "How to Read a Book". Also in an old book on Rhetoric.

http://www.kaaj.com/psych/smorder.html

The study folks like to cite is about ambiguous stimuli;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Mehrabian

Mehrabian, Albert; Wiener, Morton (1967). "Decoding of Inconsistent Communications". Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. 6 (1): 109–114. doi:10.1037/h0024532. PMID 6032751.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27140 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2017, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2017, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Is falsifying work damage a fashion thing? Maybe there's a fixative for when you get your clothes stained just right for that "I did something messy sometime" look?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/prps-barracu......=product


Quickchange to tux would be fun, but those methods are beyond my ken.


Clothes aging or mending would be a heck of a premise for a quickchange moment in a magic show.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
The reasoning behind this has been expressed and explained many, many years ago. "There is a sucker born every minute". P. T. Barnum


ALSO

It's morally wrong to allow a sucker to keep his money. W. C. Fields
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Then there are these for only $1700.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/vete......38e269bd
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Quote:
On May 2, 2017, NYCTwister wrote:
Then there are these for only $1700.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/vete......38e269bd



Those are some expensive fart vents...
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
The Hermit
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Quote:
On May 1, 2017, acesover wrote:
The reasoning behind this has been expressed and explained many, many years ago. "There is a sucker born every minute". P. T. Barnum


ALSO

It's morally wrong to allow a sucker to keep his money. W. C. Fields


It's also good for getting noticed. 'I don't care what they say as long as they spell my name right'
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2754 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On May 1, 2017, acesover wrote:
The reasoning behind this has been expressed and explained many, many years ago. "There is a sucker born every minute". P. T. Barnum


ALSO

It's morally wrong to allow a sucker to keep his money. W. C. Fields


Don't know about Fields, never a big fan of his work. But Barnum never said that. It was said ABOUT people going to one of his exhibits, by the man who'd made the original.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
zachwyman
View Profile
New user
Maryland
53 Posts

Profile of zachwyman
What a complete waste of money! Hideous.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On May 19, 2017, zachwyman wrote:
What a complete waste of money! Hideous.


Just depends how much you have (money, that is) and how much you like them. There's nobody in here who doesn't own a bunch of stuff that many people would consider a complete waste of money.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
If you're looking for a cleaner look there's this -

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/se.......3215778

Different strokes...and like that.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5017 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On May 19, 2017, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On May 19, 2017, zachwyman wrote:
What a complete waste of money! Hideous.


Just depends how much you have (money, that is) and how much you like them. There's nobody in here who doesn't own a bunch of stuff that many people would consider a complete waste of money.


Oh, sure, go ahead and bring up Silver Shifter again, why don'tcha?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Expensively sloppy? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL