The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Escape by Sandro Loporcaro (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
Hi, just came across this escape effect and wonder if there are any reviews?!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S22541

The Escape by Sandro Loporcaro (Amazo). Amazo is back and here presents an illusion that can be shown everywhere and in all conditions. Four pieces of chain are shown and, with four real padlocks, the chains are fixed around the neck, around the ankles, along the body and near the hands, and once again near the body. Yet, still the magician escapes - incredible! You can make the escape behind a curtain or in a large trunk in an escapology performance. Perfect for street magic or stage. Use any chain, any lock -- no additional cost involved. The Escape enables you to break free of the chains FAST, astonishing your audience!

Does it work with ungimmicked chains and locks?!
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
I thought it was impressive when I first saw it
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Dr Art
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Dr Art
Is the 50 gallon oil drum included?

Seriously, there are some effects that tempt you to crossover from whatever style of performing you do to take advantage of how fantastic a trick looks. This looks pretty amazing.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5592 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
The Ad states - "Use any chain, any lock -- no additional cost involved."

This looks very impressive and interesting.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
578 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Wow! Looks great
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
I'm blown away by the speed of escape . Anyone who got this can give some thoughts ? Thanks Smile
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
marcrodt
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of marcrodt
I just ordere and downloaded it to use it in a kids show. I like it. The secret is very simple.
The video is 5:30 long and shows all necessary preparation. You probably have everything you need at home already. Preparing for it will take a couple of minutes before a show.

I would not let the kids thoroughly inspect the props beforehand, but you end clean. This will be no problem for me in the show.

So overall I am very happy with the purchase. I wouldn't have minded, if it were a bit cheaper. But the idea is creative and I didn't come up with it myself.
I think the kids will love it.

Cheers,

Marc
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
So you need an assistant to put on the chains and locks?
marcrodt
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of marcrodt
Either alone - will require some flexibility, but possible.
Or with an assisstant - I would not trust an audience member handling the chains. But maybe with a lot more of experience in audience management, it might just fly by.

Cheers,

Marc
leosx1
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of leosx1
I also took the plunge and I am very pleased with the versatility of the concept which lets you add additional chains also if you like. Experience with rope magic
will help you finding ways to let the spectators prove to themselves that they are handling nothing else than ordinary solid chains. This will add some nice variety for my parlor
or street show and I just love the combined visual and sound effect this showpiece creates !

magical greetings

Martin
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I like the look of this as and this could fit into a Murder Mystery night I am putting together with added magic effects,Slippery Sid escapologist in Murder in the Ring Smile
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
578 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Any noise considerations, as the chains fall away?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5592 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On May 4, 2017, marcrodt wrote:

You probably have everything you need at home already. Preparing for it will take a couple of minutes before a show.

You make a very encouraging statement. I was thinking that the gimmick would be almost similar to Sandro Loporcaro's earlier release - "Liquid Body Illusion". But by your above statement it seems this works differently.

Thank you for your input.

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
marcrodt
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of marcrodt
Hi Ustaad,

I guess having chains and padlocks at home depends on lifestyle Smile.

But as for the secret, I had the required material at home and my guess is a lot of people would as well.
I don't know the 'Liquid Body Illusion' so I can't comment on that. But this one is really easy and quick to set up (givenyou have chains and padlocks) with very common materials. No advanced crafting skills required.

Cheers,

Marc
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5592 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Hi Marc,

Once again thank you for your input.

The Liquid Body Illusion needs moderately advance crafting skills. Hence I feel that The Escape probably has a much easier method to pull off this trick. Nevertheless the trick does look quite impressive.

Quote:
On May 5, 2017, marcrodt wrote:

I guess having chains and padlocks at home depends on lifestyle Smile.

Smile

Smile
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
771 Posts

Profile of Rook
Quote:
On May 4, 2017, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On May 4, 2017, marcrodt wrote:

You probably have everything you need at home already. Preparing for it will take a couple of minutes before a show.

You make a very encouraging statement. I was thinking that the gimmick would be almost similar to Sandro Loporcaro's earlier release - "Liquid Body Illusion". But by your above statement it seems this works differently.

Thank you for your input.

Smile

I was thinking the same thing. Looks like I might have to take the plunge.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Anyone using this now? just wondering about viability of having a volunteer do the locking up. one comment said it may be possible, looking for more affirmation or veto of that.Thanks!
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
771 Posts

Profile of Rook
Have it, not using it. Decent concept, easy to put together, does what it says on the box. I would be very hesitant to allow spectators apply the locks for fear of premature escape. Conceivable with very good audience management, but risky.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Thanks. I am a solo performer, so that is a deal breaker. Appreciate it!
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Escape by Sandro Loporcaro (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL