The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Binary charts gift and question (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
726 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
I've recreated the binary charts offered on Simon Aronson's website (with his permission) and added a few features. The dimensions of mine are less elongated, and say "Card player's eye test" to fit with my variation of the presentation idea Simon Aronson gives on his site. I've also made a version for the Tamariz stack, as I remember seeing many threads asking if the charts existed in Tamariz and the answer was always no. I've also created a document with the charts premade so anyone who wants to use a less common or personal stack, or the new Redford Stack, may make their own. Don't worry, the document is set up to let you do this quick, you only have to delete the correct cards in each chart, and it includes a guide at the bottom on what cards to remove.

The only thing left to finish are a few design options. I can have the grid visible or not, and I can also have the remaining cards centered on the chart as opposed to having empty spaces at random. Lastly, the text above the chart can say anything that will fit in the space, so if you have presentation ideas other than a card player's eye exam, please share. Now's your chance to have this somewhat customized.

This little project will be finished in a few days (I'm left handed and have an injury that means I'm finishing this project all right handed). Once it's complete, if you'd like the files just send me a pm with your email and I'll be happy to send them. I will have them in the original program (publisher) so you can make these for other stacks, in Aronson and Tamariz that can be edited, and print ready pdfs. I'll let you know when they are finished.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to brainstorm in this thread about ideas for these, we'd all benefit. I have a few myself I'll share afterwhile, when I feel like trying to type again.

Oh, And credit goes to Simon Aronson for his stack, Juan Tamariz for his stack, and Mergel Funsky for the binary stack chart idea.
rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
I would love a copy of these when finished please. Was on my list to make a Mnemonica version. I don't have any radical thoughts on presentation. I like Simons idea of showing a sample of how many shuffles it takes to shuffle a deck and that you shuffled face up into face down and this was the result of the seven shuffles and the last one you perform triumph or use an ID.
Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
726 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
Almost finished now that my hand is healing. Will send out the files by this weekend.
wilko7
View Profile
Regular user
UK
135 Posts

Profile of wilko7
This is great. A great deal of work has been put in. I would love to have a set of the files and really appreciate your effort.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Binary charts gift and question (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL