The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Tables (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

halejs
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of halejs
There are no doubt a number of purpose-built tables for magicians depending on your setting, style and effects. Some quite expensive. It would be interesting to share your recommendations for performance tables. After looking for some while, here are two great, affordable options I've found. They can be customized, as I've done, to suit your own purposes. They're both quite portable and show well. The first is a portable bar height, lots of shelf space, but can be folded down and carried flat in a canvas bag. The other is also able to break down for transport, has a sold base with wheels, adjustable height. Just FYI.

Best Choice Products Portable High Top Pop Up Bar - Table W/ Carrying Case
-- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EMFAXOG/ref......b9PQKADG
$55

Metal Tray with Stand (in Two Colors) By Skin Act (Black)
-- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ANUFQB0/ref......bM7M10EK
$48

Paul Daniels had a great case/table. Michael Amman had an easy, economical idea for a worker's table. There are some plans for practical busker's tables out there. There are also some with clever approaches to wells/servantes. What's worked for you or caught your eye?
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1568 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Nice table. How does it travel. Easy to bring in/out of gigs. Here is what I am using these days. They are pretty sturdy.
https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Laptop-Projec......od+table
Believe in love. believe in magic. Hell, believe in Santa Clause. Believe in others. Believe in yourself. Believe in your dreams. If you don't, who will?""
~Jon Bon Jovi
Peckham
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of Peckham
Steve Schneider makes custom magic tables that are top notch, like the ones you see in the castle. I have one.
Zauberman
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
Quote:
On May 7, 2017, halejs wrote:
There are no doubt a number of purpose-built tables for magicians depending on your setting, style and effects. Some quite expensive. It would be interesting to share your recommendations for performance tables. After looking for some while, here are two great, affordable options I've found. They can be customized, as I've done, to suit your own purposes. They're both quite portable and show well. The first is a portable bar height, lots of shelf space, but can be folded down and carried flat in a canvas bag. The other is also able to break down for transport, has a sold base with wheels, adjustable height. Just FYI.

Best Choice Products Portable High Top Pop Up Bar - Table W/ Carrying Case
-- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EMFAXOG/ref......b9PQKADG
$55

Metal Tray with Stand (in Two Colors) By Skin Act (Black)
-- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ANUFQB0/ref......bM7M10EK
$48

Paul Daniels had a great case/table. Michael Amman had an easy, economical idea for a worker's table. There are some plans for practical busker's tables out there. There are also some with clever approaches to wells/servantes. What's worked for you or caught your eye?


Hi Halejs,

Have you actually bought and used these tables. Just curious before I make the financial plunge Smile
troy thornton
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of troy thornton
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2018, Magic Patrick wrote:
Nice table. How does it travel. Easy to bring in/out of gigs. Here is what I am using these days. They are pretty sturdy.
https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Laptop-Projec......od+table

I use this my self, love it very sturdy. and portable.
Emory Kimbrough
View Profile
New user
Tuscaloosa, AL
61 Posts

Profile of Emory Kimbrough
My main table is one I built myself, but I also have a Worx Sidekick table that I purchased at my local Lowe's home-improvement store. Home Depot also carries them, as does Amazon. This table folds in half, and the legs quickly collapse to store inside the folded table. It's very light, compact, and easy to carry when collapsed, but quite sturdy when set up. It's designed for workshop use and has several built-in features making it very handy if you're a DIY / home-improvement / woodworker kinda guy. (It has a ruler, wells to hold small tools or hardware, and holes for bench dogs). So, you may get double use out of this. It's designed to take a beating. When you click the link below, you'll see that it definitely has a workshop-looking top on it. BUT THAT'S NOT A PROBLEM - I hired a woman who does custom sewing to make a nice-looking cover for the table, embroidered with my name on the front, and with numerous pockets to hold close-up magic sewn on the back. With the cover on, you'd swear it was built just for magic.

https://www.amazon.com/WORX-WX066-Sideki......sidekick

I also had Pattrick's Magic Services (pattricksmagic.com) make an embroidered close-up mat for me, cut to the perfect size to fit on this table with just the right amount of border. Pattrick can make mats of almost any dimension, so I highly recommend getting one sized to match whatever table you build or buy.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
749 Posts

Profile of Rook
Great find, Emory! Putting that one on the list!
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
MaveriQ
View Profile
New user
Dayton, Ohio
17 Posts

Profile of MaveriQ
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2018, Magic Patrick wrote:
Nice table. How does it travel. Easy to bring in/out of gigs. Here is what I am using these days. They are pretty sturdy.
https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Laptop-Projec......od+table


Bought this after reading on here. Working great! Thanks for the recommendation!
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
749 Posts

Profile of Rook
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2018, Emory Kimbrough wrote:
My main table is one I built myself, but I also have a Worx Sidekick table that I purchased at my local Lowe's home-improvement store. Home Depot also carries them, as does Amazon. This table folds in half, and the legs quickly collapse to store inside the folded table. It's very light, compact, and easy to carry when collapsed, but quite sturdy when set up. It's designed for workshop use and has several built-in features making it very handy if you're a DIY / home-improvement / woodworker kinda guy. (It has a ruler, wells to hold small tools or hardware, and holes for bench dogs). So, you may get double use out of this. It's designed to take a beating. When you click the link below, you'll see that it definitely has a workshop-looking top on it. BUT THAT'S NOT A PROBLEM - I hired a woman who does custom sewing to make a nice-looking cover for the table, embroidered with my name on the front, and with numerous pockets to hold close-up magic sewn on the back. With the cover on, you'd swear it was built just for magic.

https://www.amazon.com/WORX-WX066-Sideki......sidekick

I also had Pattrick's Magic Services (pattricksmagic.com) make an embroidered close-up mat for me, cut to the perfect size to fit on this table with just the right amount of border. Pattrick can make mats of almost any dimension, so I highly recommend getting one sized to match whatever table you build or buy.



I just picked this table up and it works like a dream! It's light, quick, remarkably stable. It's also exceedingly ugly, but a 90" round table cloth covers it perfectly! Thanks again for the find!
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Tables (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL