The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Penguin Lecture (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
898 Posts

Profile of David Parr
My Penguin Live lecture has an official release date: June 4. The lecture focuses on material from my book Brain Food, my ebook Paper Prophecies, and some select favorites -- including a number of prediction and mindreading effects. I also talk about some of the guiding principles that shape my work. My buddy Joe Diamond is in the studio and gives his perspective on some of this material, too. It'll be lecturific! http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8078

Click here to view attached image.
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
830 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
The kind of lecture that don't require effects to be worth it. I am impatient to watch it Smile
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
898 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Merci, Nestor D!
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
This is sure to be a good one. A big fan of Mr. Parrs routines.
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
898 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Thanks, Mystification! I'm guessing you'll dig the lecture Smile
giro doro
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of giro doro
Okay, this are very good news!
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
898 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Thanks, giro doro! I'm glad you're looking forward to it.
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Badass! Look forward to you performing Dinner with the Borgias Smile
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
898 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Thanks, kannon! Yes, the Borgias drop by for a visit. Hijinks ensue.
Oscar999
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of Oscar999
I'll definitely be on board for this one. David is a brilliant magical thinker. Really enjoyed his input on the Eugene Burger vids.

Oscar
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
898 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Thank you, Oscar! I appreciate the hearty endorsement!
zachwyman
View Profile
New user
Maryland
54 Posts

Profile of zachwyman
Looking forward to this lecture!
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
898 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Thanks, zachwyman! I'm looking forward to seeing it from the audience point of view.
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
898 Posts

Profile of David Parr
There's a nifty little video preview up on the Penguin site now: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8078
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Even if this kind of magic is not your style, you are sure to learn a lot of solid performance tips!
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
898 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Thank you, rowdymagi5! I did devote some time in the lecture to sharing the guiding principles that shape my work and the way I present it to audiences, and I hope those insights are helpful to other performers.
pacozaa
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of pacozaa
Will this download include some required pdf for the effects?
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
898 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Pacozaa, my understanding is that a PDF will be included with the download, showing instructions for constructing the one complex prop I describe in the lecture: an origami bird. The folding process is taught step-by-step in the lecture, but I thought it would be good for folks to have a handy guide. (I initially drew up the guide so I wouldn't forget the proper folds myself!) The other paper props are classic toys that are relatively straightforward to make.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
David's lecture is available for viewing and download now.
Oscar999
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of Oscar999
I just watched this lecture in its entirety today. It is absolutely one of the best I've seen. I was already looking forward to it, because I enjoy listening to intelligent people discuss our craft. It exceeded my expectations. Plus, there are genuine performance pieces gifted during this presentation that I can't wait to put into practice. I highly recommend it - but who am I, just some guy on the café ... but I really liked it and I discovered a couple of really strong pieces I will be incorporating.

Oscar
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Penguin Lecture (32 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL