The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » Titanic Thompson. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Luke Jonas
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire UK
191 Posts

Profile of Luke Jonas
I'm building a routine based around the great hustler, Titanic Thompson. Are there any other routines or effects currently out there which are based on this subject? I have looked around and cant seem to find any, its predominantly a gambling based routine that I have in mind. Many thanks, Luke Jonas.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1406 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Luke, start with Dan Harlan's DVD set "The world's best bet, puzzles, cons and scams".
Titanic was well known for his outrageous bets. Remember, he only made bets he knew he would win.

Then Chef Anton for his pool table material, because Titanic was major pool hustler.

Three shells, card gambling, fast and lose...

What are your goals? A play? A biographical show? How accurate do want to be or just in spirit of Titanic Thompson?
Do you want to be able to stay in character or do a informal demonstration of the type situation Titanic would go.
Luke Jonas
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire UK
191 Posts

Profile of Luke Jonas
Quote:
On May 24, 2017, Jerry wrote:
Luke, start with Dan Harlan's DVD set "The world's best bet, puzzles, cons and scams".
Titanic was well known for his outrageous bets. Remember, he only made bets he knew he would win.

Then Chef Anton for his pool table material, because Titanic was major pool hustler.

Three shells, card gambling, fast and lose...

What are your goals? A play? A biographical show? How accurate do want to be or just in spirit of Titanic Thompson?
Do you want to be able to stay in character or do a informal demonstration of the type situation Titanic would go.

Thanks for the input, I'm not trying to build a full show its just a demonstration of how to be guaranteed to win in the style of Titanic.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Just toss a golf ball over a three story building.
or Harry Lorayne's ten card poker deal kills.*
*Scarne Card Tricks
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
Hey gang! I published a script for Milt Kort/Dai Vernon's Peripatetic Walnuts in my book Theatrical Magic that is based around Titanic Thompson. You can see the video of the routine here: https://youtu.be/_KXPfpZ26Qk
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
D. Yoder
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of D. Yoder
Thank you, Big Daddy. I enjoyed the routine!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » Titanic Thompson. (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL