The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Grapheeteez (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Cervier
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1212 Posts

Profile of Cervier
Video: I believe I will make one anyway Smile

iOS: it might happen. I didn't plan on it, but I'm getting more and more requests (which is nice, by the way Smile ) so the idea is sinking in...
"A friend is someone who know you well but loves you anyway" H. Lauwick
The Lynx Deck, http://jmmaries.free.fr/cervier/
Grapheeteez, on GooglePlay
Telemos the peek envelope, on SkywardMagic
Telemos en Francais sur TheMysteryStore
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
884 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
I'd say go for it!

I find that when done in a clever way, phone mentalism in particular has a huge impact on younger audiences. They just always seem more invested when you guess a passcode or guess a number or word they look at on their phone. Phones are their lives!
Cervier
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1212 Posts

Profile of Cervier
Hey! Just discovered this morning Grapheeteez has made it to the "top charts" for May (in spite of a late mid-month start)!!!

Ok, I didn't know such things existed for apps and have no idea how hard or easy it is to get there, so I won't be bathing in Champagne just yet, but it does have a nice ring to it, doesn't it? Smile

Could I add that to my presentation? "...was in the top chart in may 2017..."? Not quite like winning a FISM prize, but, would THEY know??? Smile Smile Smile Smile
beepmaster
View Profile
New user
FRANCE - Versailles / Paris
1 Post

Profile of beepmaster
A very nice "magical" app, Grapheeteez is a great tool to amaze your audience with a smartphone.
Only few seconds to handle, and my phone become a magical electronic wand.

Some people seems to be confused using (visible) "electronic" devices during a magic show, but magician needs to be able to work with "everyday" objects, that smartphones are for sure.

I test it around and every-time I got a real "wow" effect.

Bonus : Give your smartphone to one of your friends and ask him to give it back at the right time ;-)

Good job Mr Cervier ;-)
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2660 Posts

Profile of tophatter
This also works on android right ?
Cervier
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1212 Posts

Profile of Cervier
Quote:
On May 26, 2017, tophatter wrote:
This also works on android right ?

Yes, and for the time being, this only works on Android. The reason for that is simpe: I primarily wrote that app for my own usage. It's only after a few friends I shared it with told me I should release it that I began to think aboutdoing so. At first, I didn't want to. Call me silly, but I didn't want to put it on a public place such as Google Play, where laymen could get it as well.
Then I thought it was maybe arrogant to believe sooo many people were going to install it the secret would be spoiled for the magicians and mentalists who would use it in more than just a "see how fun this is" way Smile

So I realeased it.

How has all this anything to do with iOS? Well, it does look like I made a short story long, doesn't it? Smile The key point is, I wrote it for myself. You can freely write apps for your Android phone. I did it with free software and was able to make a fully functional app that could (if I wanted) use all the feature of my phone.
That's not possible on iOS. If you want to program even your own device, you have to pay Apple a $100 (and that's per year) and go through a process that involves sending them your app and then getting it back on your phone.

The demand for an iOS version is increasing though. I'm pretending not to hear it Smile but at some point, I will have to do something to answer that call...
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2255 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I have a BlackBerry passport which runs on a different operating system and Grapheeteez runs absolutely fine on this. A really excellent app.
Cervier
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1212 Posts

Profile of Cervier
BTW, thanks Séa, Iain, Neil, Julien and Beepmaster for your kind words Smile and thanks to Rich and Alex for their reviews Smile
newguy
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of newguy
Bought it.

A little bit buggy, keeps dropping out.

Does the lock icon in the upper left ever work or is it just for show?

Simple program but really sparse instructions.
Cervier
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1212 Posts

Profile of Cervier
Quote:
On May 26, 2017, newguy wrote:
Bought it.
Simple program but really sparse instructions.

Mmm... You're not the first one who didn't read the instructions, and I realize I should make it clearer where they are. There's a link to a PDF file on the description of the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai......pheeteez

I will rewrite the decription on GooglePlay so as to make the link to the instructions more obvious, and maybe even add it in the summary that's available from the menu in the app.

Thank you for making me notice that Smile

[EDIT]
I just changed the description so the third line says in capital letters there's a link to detailed instructions below. It could take a few hours before that update is processed.
[/EDIT]
Cervier
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1212 Posts

Profile of Cervier
Just upgraded Grapheeteez. The picture is saved so you can send it to you participant/potential customer Smile and get his or her e-mail/phone number...

And, reading this thread again, I remember now I had talked about making a video... Mmm... I have been busy on other projects, but I'll try to make one soon enough.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Sounds very cool! +1 request for iOS Smile

Congrats on the idea and the success Cervier!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4407 Posts

Profile of videoman
Another vote for iOS
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Grapheeteez (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL