The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » A couple of tales from New Zealand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PinkGlove
View Profile
New user
Bude England
78 Posts

Profile of PinkGlove
Recently I went to New Zealand for a month. I'm off to University soon, and this was my gap year travel.

I recall going into a Starbucks with a couple of Kiwi girls that I had met up with. Eventually my magic hobby (mentalism) came up and people asked to see some stuff. I did various things, ending in spoon bending.

The Starbucks manager saw me do this, and hit the roof. (I did ask a member of her staff before doing so, in fairness she didn't know).

"If you can't use any psychic power to bend that back get the hell out."

I waited untill she stopped looking at me, then I bent the spoon back, and said "Excuse me - I just thought you should know. It's an illusion, the spoon doesn't bend."

Her face just dropped.

In one of my hostels, there was a group of Japanese school girls staying. When I was performing some stuff with my breakthrough stack, they came over and swamped me. I had about 20 girls swarmed around me, I was completely surrounded and anything angly had gone out of the window.

I managed to pull off some spoon bending and psychokinetic touches.

I ended up signing spoons, I lost three decks of cards as souveniers for "Precious Memory". I had around twenty photographs taken of me, whilst a stern teacher made sure that the British magician didn't pull.

Finally, I did a book test in a shop to a member of staff only to find it thown at me in fear. It turns out the member of staff was deeply Christian, and my presentation (although denying Psychic ability) had jsut pushed her a little too far.
Trust anyone who has gone through it.
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
Heh. g'job. Cute Japanese schoolgirls, by any chance?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » A couple of tales from New Zealand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL