The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Paul Daniels Magic Show - List of effects and guests (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cc-magic
View Profile
New user
las vegas
80 Posts

Profile of cc-magic
Hello fellow archivers of magic!

I'm wondering if anyone has taken the time to put together a list of the magic effects that appeared on the many episodes of the Paul Daniels Magic Show.

There does not seem to be available a DVD collection or even a stream of these old episodes apart from a scattered few on youtube, etc. The IMDB-type lists only the number of episodes and air dates without any details.

If anyone knows of a detailed list of the shows, please let me know. The Doug Henning specials & Copperfield specials have been fully listed for history. With such an enormous amount of Daniel's magic, it would be a shame to lose it to passing time.
JCISBACK
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of JCISBACK
Youtube is your best friend for that task. You should start there.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
I think that would be an immense task, unlike Doug and David, Paul did not just do "specials" but complete t.v. series with a large amount of magic in each.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
I don't know the answer, but this might help.
youtube - Popular Videos - The Paul Daniels Magic Show

Here are listings of just some of his shows. I didn't filter these - most probably contain the exact same information. I don't know if any of them list the effects he used. Using Google to search for articles about these shows might result in finding more effects he performed.
Full List of The Paul Daniels Magic Show Episodes

The Paul Daniels Magic Show - All Seasons

Wikipedia - The Paul Daniels Magic Show

The Paul Daniels Magic Show- Episode Guide

IMDB - The Paul Daniels Magic Show - TV Series (1979–1994)

Magician Paul Daniels to perform at Napton village hall

Paul Daniels and Debbie McGee - The Intimate Magic Tour

Paul Daniels & Debbie McGee: Intimate Ma......er, 2015
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
cc-magic
View Profile
New user
las vegas
80 Posts

Profile of cc-magic
Thanks for the info everyone. It's a good start.

I hope to find a member of The Magic Circle or a UK magician with some knowledge on this. I believe it would be valuable info considering the number of effects that were presented on those shows.

:-)
NWJay
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of NWJay
John Fisher who worked on the show for years is still very active - I wonder if he kept records as specific as you're looking for?
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
479 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
Somewhere in storage at a friend's house I have a small red book containing the details of who did what on several seasons of PD's shows in the 90's along with similar notes on other magic shows from the era. Within the next few weeks I will have a chance to dig it out although I'm not sure how to go about uploading it in a usable format as it is all handwritten in pencil. Remind me via PM and I'll see what I can do.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Paul Daniels Magic Show - List of effects and guests (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL