We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Evolution CWT by Zach Allen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
In the ad, Zach Allen states: "Not just a single method, this is a whole book chock full of them" And that it indeed is. Zach covers basically three different ways of passing a card through a window. One being, if the card is already on the outside, two, if the card isn't in fact on the outside, and three, using your body to block the card already on the outside.

Now, personally the methods involving the card already on the outside, make the most sense, and sound the most visually pleasing and easy to perform. My favorites are the shelf method where (at night) you can show the window completely blank, and at day, where using a clever prop, can result in plenty of patter, and still a visual penetration. Zach also discusses a way to do this using a cover card.

Some interesting thought is put in on the idea of not even having the card on the outside before at all. This is interesting stuff, but takes some set up that shouldn't be too crueling if you have some of the supplies at your house. He also discusses the topic of using a stooge, which if you are like me kind of wince at, but it is none the less an interesting idea.

The ideas involving body blocking are interesting, but it seems just something logical that you would do, and not scarily would need instruction to do it. The idea of using a certain vanish on the window is also very nice

Evolution is the most visual card through window that I have read, and is thus my favorite in the book. Basically, the spectator picks a card, and you draw something on it. It is lost or vanished into the deck, and they look over and it has appeared on the window. Now you walk over, and wave over the card, and it visually and instantly penetrates the window. You can show both hands clean.

It is a really good idea, and if you happen to own one of these gimmicks it will make it easier on you, then having to make it. Guys, this is really cool.

My second favorite is the easy corner through. This is simple as simple can be, and it is so powerful. I have performed this before, when Zach told me about it, and it hits hard. Simplicity is good magic, and this is the simplest thing in this entire book, and I think one of the best.

Zach goes on to discuss different ideas for signatures. One of them is risky, (remember SCISP? Yeah, it's that kind of risky) and there is some ideas about stooges, etc.

Just so everyone knows, currently there are no pictures at all in this manuscript. While I don't think pictures are necessary in this case, there are a few instances where pictures would be nice. Zach addresses this issue, and it is a computer problem so hopefully soon they will be sent out with pictures included.

Remember that this E-book is limited to 50, so if you are at all interested in card-through-window effects, I suggest picking this up. If you, like me, have really no idea or clue in how these kind of effects work, you will find some valuable ideas.

Worth the $20? Definitely. I found two great effects, and how often do you actually find anything really usable in a video or something that you pay $30 on up for?

So if I were to give it an overall rating, I would give it a 8/10.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
Davidicus
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1128 Posts

Profile of Davidicus
So, how do you order? I'd like a copy.
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
Ahhh my bad. You can order it at his website: http://zachallen.sleightgeek.com/
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Evolution CWT by Zach Allen (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL