The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnotism where to start (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
They have to start some where. Stage hypnosis interest often leads to a general interest in hypnosis. There is nothing wrong pointing someone in a few directions they can then make up their minds which direction they want to follow in depth.
impulse
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of impulse
Ture and building a stage like performance I would think would be a good start and a better way to learn to connect with the individual.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Not really they are two different pursuits. Nothing much to do with each other.
impulse
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of impulse
So as a stage hypnotist at least from what I have seen .everyone that gets stay on stage and act cazy are working for the hypnotist correct?
impulse
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of impulse
Just asking want to know more about what goes on
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Please read the rules of this forum: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=22

Quote:
2) No ARGUMENTS ABOUT THE "REALITY" OF HYPNOSIS, please. Hypnosis, AS A FORM OF ENTERTAINMENT, is most certainly REAL as many of the participants in this forum actively practice this form of theater to earn their livings. Any arguments as to whether hypnosis is "real" or not are best left to other forums outside of the Café'. In deference to the members who are practicing professional stage hypnotists in this forum, please refrain from starting any threads about whether hypnosis is "real" or not. Any posts on this topic will be deleted starting now. This is NOT negotiable.

You are implying that all hypnosis shows are fake, and that's both rude and short sighted. Do you have any idea the logistical nightmare that would be involved with trying to employ that many people in each show? AND to keep them all quiet? Not going to happen.

You should learn the basics, and then come back and ask questions.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Logistical? How about financial nightmare LOL!

But yes I employ between 10 and 20 different people each and every night. Why not? And then in my case they get to stay at the resort for a week with their wife and or families. Because wouldn't it look suspicious if suddenly those were 20 people you didn't see the rest of the week? Sure why not? Makes perfect sense. How else could the show be done?

Same with the guys who work cruise ships.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
The real tricky part is getting friends and family members not to spill the beans. I tell ya, it's a hard knock life.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
True!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
impulse
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of impulse
Thanks for you guys for your input

I just like learning about new stuff, and I am not arguing I'm not saying anything is fake or real I just want to know and learn.
impulse
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of impulse
I'm not breaking or bending the rules.
If anyone want to pm and give there story I would love to hear it.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The reason there is a debate is that there is no answer.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Ok - let's try this again.

Saying that all the people who do "crazy stuff" work for the hypnotist is saying that it's faked. That's against the rules and it's best just to stop that kind of thinking entirely. Learn the fundamentals, and then come back and ask questions.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
This is being said to him over and over. He's been offered some great advice, but seems to be seeking a magician's shortcut. The first thing to correct is his current misperceptions of what hypnosis is and what is truly a hypnosis performance. Much studying to do.
impulse
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of impulse
I'm just trying to find my place in all of this. And yes I have had a lot of great advice but the more info I can pick up the better. Buts let's just beat this post with a stick and kill it. I have started with reality is plastic few hours in and its a lot of good information feels like a good starting point for basic knowledge and know how.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2017, impulse wrote:
...the more info I can pick up the better. I have started with reality is plastic few hours in and its a lot of good information feels like a good starting point for basic knowledge and know how.

There's your first misperception that the more info you can pickup the better. There has never been so much crap, incorrect and misinformation out there as there is currently. Like finding a proper, good and credible training program, you must also be careful about who and what advice you listen to. I'm not sure Reality Is Plastic is anything I would recommend, although it is and was marketed as hypnosis for magicians.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Seriously you guys still try?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
impulse
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of impulse
Then what tell me what you think I should read tell me who I should learn from . You can tell me all day and every day who not to and what not to. If you know so much then please lead on there is more nagging and ******** on this site. I can learn one of two ways wrong or right which should it be you tell me. It's 3am cut me some slack I work a full time job and 2 part time, one help collect funds for breast cancer research. I'm a father of a five year old boy I'm human treat me as such. Help me don't hurt me I just want to learn.

...... now I will wait and hear what I did , do , or going to do wrong. Thank you come again
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2017, Mindpro wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2017, impulse wrote:
...the more info I can pick up the better. I have started with reality is plastic few hours in and its a lot of good information feels like a good starting point for basic knowledge and know how.

I'm not sure Reality Is Plastic is anything I would recommend, although it is and was marketed as hypnosis for magicians.

I proofread the second edition of Reality is Plastic. It's aimed at the "street hypnotist" rather than magicians (you may be thinking of The Manchurian Approach by the same author). It's a sensible introduction to the subject and also contains useful information for hypnotherapists (as does McGill's New Encyclopedia).

Barry
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I started with Reality is Plastic. It's a good place to start, but it's also not the only source one needs. It's just the first stepping stone. It's aimed to "street hypnosis" as Barry said.

impulse - The problem with the "Gather all the info" idea is that you don't know enough yet to sort the wheat from the chaff. I could point you towards a hundred resources, all of which contradict each other, and none of which are putting out anything interesting or terribly new.

We've given you the recommendations for a beginner. Read/attend those, and get the foundations down before you really start exploring other sources. You need to understand the basics so you are able to understand what's bunk and what's valuable.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnotism where to start (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL