The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Marked Cards from Penguin Magic (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
trickyat86
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh, PA
372 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Looks like Penguin released their own affordable priced marked deck. On the product page, they give a preview picture of the markings. Looks promising. Would be interested in hearing what others think.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8525
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1281 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
I'm in the UK so the $60 12 pack has a $50 shipping charge plus import tax
So not for me
alexlatorre
View Profile
Regular user
Barcelona
184 Posts

Profile of alexlatorre
Think of it this way: 110 dollars for 12 decks still comes out to less than 10 dollars a deck (9,2 USD). That's less than all marked Bicycle back decks. So yes, it might not be 5 dollars per deck, it will be 9. Still a *** good price marked cards.

-Alex
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3195 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Can anyone who has seen/ handled these cards post their thoughts ? I have no problem grabbing a brick- but would like to read a review or two on here, in addition to those on Penguin site
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
619 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Why is everyone releasing marked decks?

we have:

- butterfly

- jermay

- engblom

- fraser

- penguin

in about 2 months give or take
Have a nice day
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
The question for me is who they are marked and readability.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1934 Posts

Profile of ted french
I have been using them for about a month. I use marked cards exclusively and these are perfect. I am extremely biased but I love these marked cards, they are deceptive and it's a fast easy read, even from a distance.
P3
practice practice perform.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
I've been looking for good, cheap marked cards since the Blaine decks stopped being produced. Will take a look.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4088 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Fantastic. Cards look really nice. Marked in 6 spots. Plus you get over an hour of great instruction. Very well done package. Marked cards are a very under utilized weapon but unfortunately everyone that makes a great deck prices them ridiculously high. Card Shark makes the absolute best marked decks IMO and you can get a reduced brick price if you email Roger but the price for these is impossible to beat.
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
549 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Quote:
On May 29, 2017, Maxyedid wrote:
Why is everyone releasing marked decks?

we have:

- butterfly

- jermay

- engblom

- fraser

- penguin

in about 2 months give or take

It's because they sell like gangbusters. If I could afford to release my own marked deck, I would.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1804 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Engblom isn't marked deck Smile
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On May 29, 2017, ted french wrote:
I have been using them for about a month. I use marked cards exclusively and these are perfect. I am extremely biased but I love these marked cards, they are deceptive and it's a fast easy read, even from a distance.

So are the marks easy to read fast while reading the required marks? I am looking for readers because I don't like using a marked deck. I think that it takes longer to read a marked deck than it does readers.

Do you like these marked cards over readers?

Ray
trickyat86
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh, PA
372 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On May 29, 2017, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Quote:
On May 29, 2017, ted french wrote:

So are the marks easy to read fast while reading the required marks? I am looking for readers because I don't like using a marked deck. I think that it takes longer to read a marked deck than it does readers.

Do you like these marked cards over readers?

Ray

Looks like these basically are readers. The first image on the product page gives an example of two of the markings.
ULockJustice
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
183 Posts

Profile of ULockJustice
I've been using them for about a month and I am very thrilled with these. Traditionally cut. Come in Mnemonica out of the box, and have an extra set of aces. The only reason I've never fussed with marked cards in the past was the price. Buying these in bulk brings the price into signed card, torn and restored range for my every day carry. I'll admit that they gave the cards to me to play with in advance, but I have nothing but positive things to say about them. I'm incorporating them into my next theater show.
This is the profile of Comedian + Magician Erik Tait. A self-promoting sleight of hand artist who thinks he is the cat's meow.

PM for beard tips.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1731 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Looks very cool !
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4088 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Fact that the deck comes preset in mem deck order with 4 dup aces on top allows for a wicked cool ace cutting effect from a sealed deck where you can do it blind or immediately after showing the aces dispersed throughout the deck. Granted only for special occassions but what a killer.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1149 Posts

Profile of Jerry
I like the fact that they offer them by the brick.

But both the "The Code" and Marksmen Deck have more features.

Marked Cards only has extra aces, and several locations so it does not matter how you spread the cards, you will see the markings.

Whoever keeps or has the $10 deck or less level will be my everyday deck.
Right now I perfer the Marksmen Deck, but cost will be the final decision.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1350 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Quote:
On May 29, 2017, Tony Iacoviello wrote:

I am they marked!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On May 29, 2017, Tim Cavendish wrote:
Quote:
On May 29, 2017, Tony Iacoviello wrote:

I am they marked!

sorry, typo, I meant "how" not "who". Its hard to type on a phone with a cat on your lap. Smile

I've since seen the photo, the marking seems a bit over-done.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1446 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
The marks look good. I thought Bicycle stopped printing any variations of their standard backs?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Marked Cards from Penguin Magic (35 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL