The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busker Arrested for Breaking the Laws of Gravity (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zauberman
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
What do you lads think. Did the police go way to far?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmLox1uT81A

?
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
He wasn't soliciting, clearly a violation: no law against standing or sitting or levitating.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Wow that was nuts. I can't believe they arrested him for that. Seems as though he was trying to make a point. Not saying that is a bad thing just that he was. I support him. Those cops were asses
tommeepickles
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
163 Posts

Profile of tommeepickles
The beach is not the street, it has restrictions on what can be done there. You can't smoke, you can't bring your dog. If the cops see something like a performance, they will shut it down, if you argue, you will be arrested. That is how Venice rolls. Ricky and I have worked the boardwalk and gotten many tickets for stupid stuff.
NWJay
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of NWJay
Does anyone know how it all ended? Was he charged with anything?
Zauberman
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
According to his FB page he was fined a couple hundred bucks....but with with almost 4 mill hits on his youtube vid he's made 8X that.
NWJay
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of NWJay
All's well that ends well then! Although not everyone who finds themselves suffering similarly heavy-handed tactics would be able to say the same :/
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2017, tommeepickles wrote:
The beach is not the street, it has restrictions on what can be done there. You can't smoke, you can't bring your dog. If the cops see something like a performance, they will shut it down, if you argue, you will be arrested. That is how Venice rolls. Ricky and I have worked the boardwalk and gotten many tickets for stupid stuff.

Are you allowed to wear a robe on this beach?? Are you allowed to sit on a chair on this beach?? Is there any law that says that chair must have more than one leg??

Because what I see is a man sitting on a one-legged chair wearing a robe. Nothing else.

This is an ideal "test case" to take before the Supreme Court, even a part-time public defender could rip this case to shreds.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Nickoli Sharpe
View Profile
Regular user
Worldwide
138 Posts

Profile of Nickoli Sharpe
Unbelievable,

I have a feeling they have had a run in with this guy before.
He was doing nothing, so someone complained or something.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2746 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2017, Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse wrote:
Wow that was nuts. I can't believe they arrested him for that. Seems as though he was trying to make a point. Not saying that is a bad thing just that he was. I support him. Those cops were asses

They arrested him for claiming he didn't have ID and then saying he'd "found" his wallet when it all went south.
The cop even says; "It's my interpretation that you lied to me and I can arrest you."
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2017, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2017, Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse wrote:

They arrested him for claiming he didn't have ID and then saying he'd "found" his wallet when it all went south.
The cop even says; "It's my interpretation that you lied to me and I can arrest you."

It's my interpretation that the cops were smug power tripping a&^$(#%les.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Zauberman
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
With all the problems they have in Venice Beach and surrounding areas....there are more important things the police should be doing.

This reminds me of a clip from the Pink Panther movie, where Inspector Clouseau happens upon a Busker.

Hilarious...but makes a great point. Check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnlIWpZSPXU

:-D
Nickoli Sharpe
View Profile
Regular user
Worldwide
138 Posts

Profile of Nickoli Sharpe
That is very funny video.
Once while in Australia I was approached (not a cop)
He asked my name?I said Vaga
He said and your last name?I said Bond
So it's Vaga Bond?
Lieing to the police never goes over well.
In this situation it was very funny he was a city worker of some type.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busker Arrested for Breaking the Laws of Gravity (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL