The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » My Brand New REVIEW SHOW! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2017, warren wrote:
Enjoying the reviews.....with all the boxes out at the moment ie the RSVP box by Matthew Wright etc it would be good to hear a review for some of them.



I hope to get my hands on the RSVP Box. Let's see Smile
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3615 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Excellent show Kaan! Good job. Really enjoying it.
KJ
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2017, Kaan wrote:

this is my review of Captive by Jimmy Strange.
Hope it helps Smile


I'm sure it's just me - but captive looks most underwhelming

It [to me] seems like a real ‘nothing’ effect

A pen top topples over

I know you are not breathing, or knocking the table – to make this happen… but if you were doing this impromptu and with an ungimmicked [fully examinable] pen top – I’m sure you could

Different strokes… but I couldn’t ever see this going into my set… I could only see it going into my drawer

So I was surprised to see such a good review, as people seem to suggest that Kaan gives honest reviews

I must be missing something
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2017, The Duster wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2017, Kaan wrote:

this is my review of Captive by Jimmy Strange.
Hope it helps Smile


I'm sure it's just me - but captive looks most underwhelming

It [to me] seems like a real ‘nothing’ effect

A pen top topples over

I know you are not breathing, or knocking the table – to make this happen… but if you were doing this impromptu and with an ungimmicked [fully examinable] pen top – I’m sure you could

Different strokes… but I couldn’t ever see this going into my set… I could only see it going into my drawer

So I was surprised to see such a good review, as people seem to suggest that Kaan gives honest reviews

I must be missing something



I believe that you only will like it if it fits your style, otherwise, as you said, it will end up in your drawer.
This is something where,in my opinion, the method (once you have mastered it) is better then the actual trick Smile
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4872 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2017, The Duster wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2017, Kaan wrote:

this is my review of Captive by Jimmy Strange.
Hope it helps Smile


I'm sure it's just me - but captive looks most underwhelming

It [to me] seems like a real ‘nothing’ effect

A pen top topples over

I know you are not breathing, or knocking the table – to make this happen… but if you were doing this impromptu and with an ungimmicked [fully examinable] pen top – I’m sure you could

Different strokes… but I couldn’t ever see this going into my set… I could only see it going into my drawer

So I was surprised to see such a good review, as people seem to suggest that Kaan gives honest reviews

I must be missing something



I do like this and think Kaans review was spot on! And yes, I will be using this.


RNK
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3615 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have this as well. I rather like the low tech approach to this. It's not quite impromptu, but it feels a bit impromptu as the setup is not onerous.

I'm sure I will use it at some point as well.

KJ
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3646 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
For reference Colin, me saying "You must spend a fortune on magic" is not trolling. It is just a statement. Likewise me picking you up on your whinging about the lack of a DVD on another thread is also not trolling.

I don't like to put people down, but you just make it so easy.

Sorry Mandy I agree with Colin it's obvious that Kaan does not need to buy these effects ! His reviews are so great creators want him to review them so it's hardly rocket science to be fair . I love Kaans response ( Mandy he did not try to be mean ) was hilarious and I urge Kaan to just keep up the great reviews and bypass the perfectic comments by the most un amazing Mandy in the history of magic lol . Best wishes Tarik 🙂
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Hi everyone,

this is my review of the Butterfly Deck by Ondrej Psenicka.
Hope it helps Smile





Best,
Kaan
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Hi everyone

here is my review of X by James Conti.
It is a little late but still worth sharing Smile
Hope it helps!





Best,
Kaan
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
Sorry Mandy I agree with Colin it's obvious that Kaan does not need to buy these effects ! His reviews are so great creators want him to review them so it's hardly rocket science to be fair . I love Kaans response ( Mandy he did not try to be mean ) was hilarious and I urge Kaan to just keep up the great reviews and bypass the perfectic comments by the most un amazing Mandy in the history of magic lol . Best wishes Tarik 🙂


Not obvious to me Flash, but thanks for your condescending remarks. I wish I had a daughter so I could forbid her from marrying you.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3176 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Kaan,

Love your reviews.* I think it's odd that reviewers mention packaging at all though. I get that if a product is on a shelf some people will be impressed by nice packaging so it makes sense from the seller's point of view. But as a buyer why would we care about the packaging if we have someone reviewing the product itself? Obviously, a great product is great even if the packaging is not and vice-versa.**

The Key by Wayne Dobson looks interesting but I'm wondering how much it cost.***

In hopes of preventing misunderstandings which are so common on the Café I have the following footnotes:

* This is a serious comment I really love his reviews
** This is a real question I have. I'm aware that some care about packaging but I don't see why and I'm curious to hear.
*** This is a light hearted jibe. Kaan mentioned the price of 100 Euros at least a half dozen times in that review.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com



I took the Pledge
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2017, MeetMagicMike wrote:
Kaan,

Love your reviews.* I think it's odd that reviewers mention packaging at all though. I get that if a product is on a shelf some people will be impressed by nice packaging so it makes sense from the seller's point of view. But as a buyer why would we care about the packaging if we have someone reviewing the product itself? Obviously, a great product is great even if the packaging is not and vice-versa.**

The Key by Wayne Dobson looks interesting but I'm wondering how much it cost.***

In hopes of preventing misunderstandings which are so common on the Café I have the following footnotes:

* This is a serious comment I really love his reviews
** This is a real question I have. I'm aware that some care about packaging but I don't see why and I'm curious to hear.
*** This is a light hearted jibe. Kaan mentioned the price of 100 Euros at least a half dozen times in that review.


Great that you like the reviews Smile
Usually I am talking about packaging to compare it to the price of the product. In other words if an expensive product comes in a very cheap packaging, like a plastic bag, I point out that the price is not set "fairly".
On the other hand talking about the packaging is a nice and quick way getting into the review Smile
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
I agree with Mike. As long as the packaging adequately protect the product it shouldnt really matter. While there are some quite fancy and flashly packaged prodicts out there it always makes me wonder how much cheaper it would hev been to by if a more basic approach was taken.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3176 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Kaan wrote:

Quote:
In other words if an expensive product comes in a very cheap packaging, like a plastic bag, I point out that the price is not set "fairly".


This is where we strongly disagree. Even IF quality packaging was an indication of quality production (which is questionable), the point becomes mute once the product is being reviewed. The point of the review is to get past potentially misleading things like trailers and packaging.

I fully support your decision to talk about packaging if your viewers care about it. I just can't see any reason they should.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com



I took the Pledge
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Hi everyone,

late but still here is my review of Bottled by Taiwan Ben.

Hope it helps,





Best,
Kaan
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2999 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Really liking your review show, Kaan. The reviews are direct and to the point, helpful, and your editing is very professional. Thanks for sharing them.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Thanks for another great review!! Just sounds like a rubber cap rattling around in there, which is exactly what a spectator would pick up on
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Hi guys,

here is my review of AmazInk by Sebastien Calbry.
Hope to help you out Smile








Best,
Kaan
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Hi everyone,

here is my review of Alpha Deck by Richard Sanders.
Hope it helps Smile





Best,
Kaan
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Hi everyone,

here is my review of Quiver by Kelvin Chow.

Hope it helps Smile






Best,
Kaan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » My Brand New REVIEW SHOW! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL