The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Super nail question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
I love this effect but HATE having to use a rubber sleve to bend it. I am toying with the idea of doing it without the sleve and letting it look like it is bending in my hand. What has been your experience with it? What do you do with the nail?
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Okay...I didn't think they were still selling it with that rubber tubing sleeve thing, but try a section of a flexible drinking straw. Just cut the "crinkly" part and use that. The sound of the crinkling will add to the effect.
Steve Thomas
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Perhaps I did not clearly identify my concern. I think it is cheesy to place the nail into the sleeve thingy to do the bend. I am looking for ideas where you don't use the rubber sleeve thingy.
WR

Thanks for your reply Steve.
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Things appear more magical and more mysterious most often when done under cover. Think about it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
A point to consider. Thank you Pete!
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
A presentational idea for the sleeve thingy. The nail will get red hot and the sleeve is to protect the eyes of the spectators. Just a thought, don't know how to explain that the rubber doesn't melt.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On 2004-04-11 17:26, Samuel Catoe wrote:
A presentational idea for the sleeve thingy. The nail will get red hot and the sleeve is to protect the eyes of the spectators. Just a thought, don't know how to explain that the rubber doesn't melt.

I like it Samuel. But we won't call it rubber.
Just say that the cover is a special heat deflecting material developed by Dupont or NASA, etc.

It absorbs heat and quickly dissipates it.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
How about having the sleeve "contain a highly effective solvent that can actually soften metal without heat" or some such pseudo-scientific mumbo jumbo?
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
alabau
View Profile
New user
Florida
24 Posts

Profile of alabau
I hold the nail with my thumb and first finger of my right hand. With my first finger and thumb of my left hand I balance the bottom portion of the nail. I twist the nail using the right hand fingers, while the left hand fingers are used to balance the nail.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Another 10 year old thread brought back to life !!!
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Super nail question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL