The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » The Bammo Tarodiction Toolbox (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2017, tincture wrote:
Can anyone who has seen both comment how this technique differs from the Incondite Sort technique that Patrick Redford uses to stack a memorized stack in two deal throughs?

This new work from Mr. Farmer interests me!

It's quite different. Bob's is face-down. Bob's can be done in fewer piles and more deals, if desired. Bob's is more of a "system" that can be applied to a large number of things, including smaller packet effects.
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
I believe Patrick's system is done face up, so you have to have memorized the card and its stack number. My system requires no memorization, no calculation, no thought really. As well, Patrick's system is for a full deck: my system can be used, and is used for the most effective tricks in the manuscript, for small groups of cards (e.g., 14 Tarot cards, three poker hands, 30 ESP cards)--and the sort occurs DURING the trick not before--so you can start with a mixed group of cards.

In one of the effects, the spectator mixes the A-K of one suit, and the magician mixes the A-K of another suit and when the cards are compared: they match. For a kicker, after the spectator mixes the cards again, the new order matches a prediction.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Hey everyone- The "Incondite sort" can be done with any number of cards. But yes it must be done with the cards face up. that said as they're dealt they may be dealt face down.

Bobs new book is full of some amazing fresh ideas that certainly has gotten me thinking! His approach to having the cards face down is cool and has some really magical feeling sort procedures.
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
And the book also contains the long unavailable manuscript, "Tsunami"--one magician called this the best card trick since "Out of this World."
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Tsunami was and is an instant classic! It's one of my favorites!!
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
I also included a couple of updates to "Tsunami," including an idea by Mike Weber.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
I've had Tsunami since it came out, as well as most everything Bob farmer has released. (Along with the Bammo Card Walloper, still in new condition). This looks like here as something also to add from his vast source of creativity.
John
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
Hi John: I have an updater to the Bammo Card Walloper with a great idea by Gaetan Bloom. Send me an email to bammomagic@cogeco.ca and I'll send it along.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Just saw this. Thanks Bob.
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1120 Posts

Profile of tenchu
I just got my Bammo Tarodiction Toolbox, and it is fantastic. To be honest, the TSUNAMI bonus is worth the price alone, and you get so, so much more. Bob is satan (in a good way), and I love his brain.

I recommend it wholeheartedly.

Mike
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
I can only imagine at this point (awaiting mine as well), that there will be an in depth ongoing discussion and addendums to this work. Which I also look forward to very much. Something this rich and pervasive has to have an a built in life extension for years to come.
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
I wish I had a built-in life extension!
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
I'm just interested enough to see what Harry Lorraine is raving about this. As well as applying it to well known and proven routines with stacks and other similar principles. I do know enough from Bob over 30 years of owning his material, that this is well worth the wait and reading.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Often wondered but never thought to ask, where did the term "Bammo" originate from ? (Reminds me of the old toy company from the 1960's, "Whammo".) Like something really cool that we used to have fun playing with outside in a big field. Smile
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
I needed a memorable name for a trick I was marketing. I made up a list of various word combinations and read them to my family. When I got to, "Bammo Card Walloper," they all cringed, so naturally that's the one I picked. A "card walloper" was the person, in the early days of computing, who had to load all the punch cards into the computer--sort of a wrangler for cards rather than cows. "Bammo" was a word that always appeared in comic books when something hit something, and since I've always thought of magic as a sort of comic book fantasy, I thought it fit.

I then decided to call everything I marketed a Bammo something, since if someone did a Google search on "Bammo" all the effects would appear in order.
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
I've just issued update #3 to all purchasers: a spectator does all the shuffling and dealing and deals himself a straight flush and three royal flushes. The Magician never touches the cards. The odds of this happening by chance are more than twenty trillion, nine hundred billion to one.
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
Just looked over the new update, Bob. Fantastic stuff! I appreciate the continued updates/addendums for this.
adiabaticman
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
144 Posts

Profile of adiabaticman
Thank you Bob. This is awesome!
Watching those electrons dance on the adiabat, from Franck-Condon to the Asymptote.
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
New review from Steve Bryant:

http://littleegyptmagic.com/magic.html
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
I just received my copy yesterday and eagerly look forward to learning what I have read. The novel approaches and methods outlined here are not only unique but practical in every sense. The great time and thinking that went into this, is what is most apparent when reading The Bammo Tarodiction Toolbox. This is the most impressive and best work on cards that I have seen from Bob Farmer in the 30yrs I have been learning using his publications.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » The Bammo Tarodiction Toolbox (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL