The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Conscious Magic Trilogy (Vol 1 thru 3) with Ran Pink and Andrew Gerard (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1564 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I have no sympathy for anyone who bought the first two in the series. You were offered a product for a given price. You and the seller mutually agreed upon the selling price at the time you bought it. You have had the access to the first two DVD's for many months now. You have received what you paid for, access to the effects on the DVD at the agreed upon price for the time period starting right after you received the product. Anyone could have decided to wait and see if they could have gotten a better price at some point it the future. That someone chose to purchase these DVD's when they were released and paid full price was just that, their choice. There was no implied or explicit offer to purchasers to buy any future releases at any kind of discount price.

That the DVD's are now being offered in a box set should have been expected. This has no effect on the price, enjoyment or use that one may have gotten out of the first two DVD's.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1375 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
The thing is, who knows how many future volumes will come out? Will they do 6, or 8 or 10? So here's the curious question...if Volume 4 comes out as a self contained DVD - will you buy it?
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2017, Kaliix wrote:
I have no sympathy for anyone who bought the first two in the series. You were offered a product for a given price. You and the seller mutually agreed upon the selling price at the time you bought it. You have had the access to the first two DVD's for many months now. You have received what you paid for, access to the effects on the DVD at the agreed upon price for the time period starting right after you received the product. Anyone could have decided to wait and see if they could have gotten a better price at some point it the future. That someone chose to purchase these DVD's when they were released and paid full price was just that, their choice. There was no implied or explicit offer to purchasers to buy any future releases at any kind of discount price.

That the DVD's are now being offered in a box set should have been expected. This has no effect on the price, enjoyment or use that one may have gotten out of the first two DVD's.

There a creators who offer a 2.0 version of a product for a discount price for people who already bought 1.0...you know why? - it's called customer satisfaction and treatment of your loyal customers!
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Once bitten twice shy wont be buying any more of his stuff for a while so hes lost out big time
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2017, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:

There a creators who offer a 2.0 version of a product for a discount price for people who already bought 1.0...you know why? - it's called customer satisfaction and treatment of your loyal customers!

Most don't

But those who do, are probably happy for the extra sale [for 2.0] when if 1.0 hadn't of been rush released [or at least released with more care] the upgrade wouldn't have been needed

But most 2.0 releases are not sold at a discount

I maganged to buy Re-maxed a week before a new [improved 2.0 version] came out... that wasn't just better, it was also cheaper

D'oh

This will always happen

The people who come in late, get a better deal [product sometimes, but always on price]

The early adopters get the product before others [at a premium, and without always knowing if it's a good product - or even in it's final/best version]
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of King14
Never no mention of multiple DVD releases. Kaliix if some releases a DVD how do you tell if their is a Boxed set going to be released after a year. I have purchased magic books and sometimes 3 years later volume 2 comes along with a deal for both.

If you have a method of seeing into the future please share.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Kalixx doesn't get it because didn't bought them in the first place like me
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of The Duster
No

You guys don't get it

It's not about seeing into the future

It's a simple choice with anything you buy... do you want it at the price it is [?]

If you do... buy it

But many items will be cheaper in the future

Many items will have 2.0, or a 2nd/3rd part released [and they will be cheaper as a bundle]

But that never matters... as long as you are always happy with the price you paid for something [at the time]

I bought re-max at a price I was happy to buy it for - then an improved/cheaper version came out less than 14 days later

But I wasn't angry/upset - as I bought the product [at the time] for the price I was happy with.

Anyway Karl it doesn't effect you, as you don't use your own money, you just use the 60k a year the government gives you [from the NHS looking after old lady funds] to buy your magic toys with

all said in fun

x
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Out of order that mate
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of King14
The Duster. Comments like that to Karl over a bloody DVD shows your complete state of intelligence. NONE. The NHS has nothing to do about the topic and I hope you can post a apology.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Yawn

No - why would I apologise

It was clearly 'all said in fun'
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
306 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2017, King14 wrote:
The Duster. Comments like that to Karl over a bloody DVD shows your complete state of intelligence. NONE. The NHS has nothing to do about the topic and I hope you can post a apology.

Ignore him King14. The Duster, Karl M, Jack Magic and johndevacmaker are all the same person
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
392 Posts

Profile of Jheff
It seems there was a bit of miscommunication and thus most of this fuss is somewhat moot. Both the Conscious Magic trilogy and the separate #3 will be released at the same time, which is this Monday. I just got my shipment of both shipped to me and I should have them on the release date. The only bit of contention, if you see it as such, would be that in buying the Trilogy you get a cheaper price, which is not an unusual marketing ploy, plus you get a bonus gimmick (it's a playing card gimmick and not the one found in the limited edition of #1). Knowing what the bonus gimmick is, I agree that the gimmick should have been in all #3s and that the true bonus should only be the reduced price for buying all three, but the gimmick's exception is far from being a deal-breaker.

So if you order #3 from YFD, you should get it at the same time that those who ordered the Trilogy get theirs.

- Jheff
www.MarketplaceoftheMind.com
Marketplace of the Mind THE LAZY MENTALIST'S CARD TRICK is now available!!
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1268 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Can anyone tell without exposing what gimmick is for?

I can't read anywhere that vol1 came with one... weird but what are the differences?

Thanks
Raymond Singson
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Raymond Singson
For all it's worth, the content on the first two volumes were stellar, and I had the opportunity to perform it on a regular basis at a wide variety of environments: both paid gigs and casual settings, included. For those wondering how strong, practical, and commercial the material is, I'm willing to say that there is very little filler on either installment, and I personally feel like the DVDs paid for themselves many times over in tips, drinks, and repeat bookings. In the grand scheme of things, I think that $35.00/volume is a steal for the quality of the content you're getting from two thoughtful performers in the industry.

I won't mind paying full price for volume 3 by itself. As I'm sure we all know, we could spend (and probably have spent) much more on much less than what we're getting. I haven't been disappointed by Conscious Magic yet.

RS.
“The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions which have been hidden by the answers.” -- James Arthur Baldwin

raymond.singson@gmail.com
Raymond Singson
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Raymond Singson
LSeeYou,

The first volume of Conscious Magic came with a package of Mesika's Loops. The box set may come with a different brand of elastic bands, because I've heard of many inconsistencies regarding Mesika's product. I wouldn't be surprised if they included Eddie Raymond's bands as the reviews have been overwhelmingly positive for his work. This is speculation, because I don't own the third volume of Conscious Magic yet and I actually prefer to tie my own loops. Hope this gives a little more insight/information, regardless...

RS
“The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions which have been hidden by the answers.” -- James Arthur Baldwin

raymond.singson@gmail.com
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
As per Jheff's comment, the gimmick in the box set is card-based, not loops. I do not think loops are part of the box set.

It is disappointing that they are not including the card-based gimmick with the standalone Volume 3. I hope it is easy to source for international customers!
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1268 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
@Raymond Thanks, deeply appreciated!

Now makes sense they included for the Bonus effect.

Btw what thread do you use? I tie EVE thread but always looking for more invisible thread... any tip? Smile

Very curious about vol3 * enjoyed vol1&2 very much!

All the best!
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
392 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2017, ash2arani wrote:
As per Jheff's comment, the gimmick in the box set is card-based, not loops. I do not think loops are part of the box set.

I saw Ran yesterday and he clarified a few things. Apparently, there was much confusion in the promotion of this release by Murphy's. So, to set the record straight, both the boxed set and vol.3 will be out at the same time, which is today. All copies of vol.3 will indeed include the card-based gimmick referenced above. It will NOT be exclusive to the boxed set. So, that means that the advantage of buying the box set is merely the price and the packaging. The disadvantage is that the box set will have the regular edition of vol.1 and not the limited edition (which some dealers may still have available) which contains the package of Loops. But it's still actually cheaper to buy the box set and a package of Loops, then to buy the three individually. Finally, Ran confirmed that there are definitely more volumes of this in the works.

I still can't comment critically on the quality of the material on the DVD, nor can I confirm what Ran told me, as I won't be getting my stock until later today. But if any of what Ran has told me is incorrect I'll let you know (unless someone beats me to that info first).

- Jheff
www.MarketplaceoftheMind.com
Marketplace of the Mind THE LAZY MENTALIST'S CARD TRICK is now available!!
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Thanks Jheff for the clarification. I think all is clear now Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Conscious Magic Trilogy (Vol 1 thru 3) with Ran Pink and Andrew Gerard (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL