We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Conscious Magic Trilogy (Vol 1 thru 3) with Ran Pink and Andrew Gerard (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1972 Posts

Profile of Titanas
The amazing offer from Ran Pink and Andrew Gerard is now available as a set!
Conscious Magic episodes 1-2-3 are coming in a limited edition beautiful box-set.
Even better, the price is so good it's as if you are buying the first two DVDs and getting the third for free.

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=59580

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
912 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Will Volume 3 be available on its own? I have never seen it advertised before.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
I alreqdy bought the first two ones so feel a bit conned now it is free with 1 and 2,whats all that about then and no funny comments this time titanus please mate
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
785 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
[quote]On Jun 5, 2017, Titanas wrote:
The amazing offer from Ran Pink and Andrew Gerard is now available as a set!
Conscious Magic episodes 1-2-3 are coming in a limited edition beautiful box-set.
Even better, the price is so good it's as if you are buying the first two DVDs and getting the third for free.

Titanas: I already have Conscious Magic Vol-1 + Vol-2. I Was not aware there was a Vol-3.

How or where can I purchase Vol-3 on it's own without purchasing the Conscious Magic Trilogy.

Many Thanks

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
912 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
An amusing note: all those who bought Vol 1 & 2 should qualify for a free Volume 3, as per the ad Smile Smile

But seriously, how can a trilogy be advertised without offering the 3rd volume in the series?!

At least make both available!!!
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3396 Posts

Profile of takeachance
For those who have supported this project and already bought Vol 1 & 2 are Penguin giving them Vol 3 for free. Something really screwed up if they don't.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1972 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Hi guys,

Conscious Magic Episode 3 is now available to pre-order as well. So now you have the option to buy it individually or buy the entire set.

More info on Episode 3:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=59234

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Yep, just saw Episode 3 on Penguin at $35.00. Buying the set is basically paying for the first two and getting the third for $5.00. So those of us that supported the project from the beginning will be paying an extra $30.00, not including shipping, over those that didn't support from the beginning. Sorry, I won't be getting the third, nor any additional in the future.

Robert
Catch me on Twitter @RobertSixx or Facebook -- Robert Sixx
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4738 Posts

Profile of videoman
But isn't this how the marketplace in general typically works?
Other than possibly crowdfunding sites, when do early adopters pay less or even the same?

Products go on sale all the time, or are offered later on as part of a bundle for a lower price. And while it would be nice to know beforehand that this will be the case, rarely does that happen in the real world.
That extra $30.00 gave everyone the opportunity to own the first 2 volumes long before anyone who buys the trilogy.
So while I agree it can be a bummer to those affected, I don't see anything wrong with it.
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
Ouch, what a rotten way to treat those who supported the project from the start. Smile
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4288 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Settle folks, it's up by itself now.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3396 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2017, Robert Sixx wrote:
Yep, just saw Episode 3 on Penguin at $35.00. Buying the set is basically paying for the first two and getting the third for $5.00. So those of us that supported the project from the beginning will be paying an extra $30.00, not including shipping, over those that didn't support from the beginning. Sorry, I won't be getting the third, nor any additional in the future.

Robert

That's right. For those who followed and supported from the start are rewarded by being gouged for $105 if they want the 3rd release. Average at best.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Yeah I agree Totaly treating loyal customers like me like rubbish,what a complete joke it all is,i am really anoyed that they did it to us
Jelonek
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Jelonek
I've seen somewhere on Andrew's instagram account that they were already filming episode 4 in april, so maybe they'll give that one for free (or with reasonable discount) to the owners of the 3 previous volumes
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
912 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
According to Jheff, the box set comes with a gimmick that is different from what came with the first volume? I wonder if that same gimmick is in Volume 3.
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of King14
I purchased vol 1 and 2 now they bring out vol 3 at £35.00 and the 3 together £65. You are better to wait one year before you buy any magic products as you will have a offer buy 1 get the other 3 free. Magicians screwed again.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Feel let down completly hope they do some thing about it
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Isn't this pretty much standard ?

I don't mean just for magic - but for anything [?]

The box sets come out [usually released with a new episode]

You say you feel let down... were you feeling like that with your purchase before they released the 'cheaper' box set [?]

As I can't see anything that isn't standard pretty much across the board

... oh I wish I hadn't bought each seperate season of x on DVD... and they have now released all the seasons in one box set with the last season... with extras... and it's less than I paid... yadda yadda
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4738 Posts

Profile of videoman
I agree with Duster, which is why I wrote something similar a few posts above.
But what I neglected to mention was that a very similar thing happened to me a short while back when the Essential Card Magic Toolbox was released by BBM as a boxed set. I had all but one or two of the DVD's and then here comes the complete set for a much lower price. I ended up buying the box set and selling my individual copies to recoup some of the cost difference. But I never had any bad feelings towards BBM because it's just a part of doing business.

So I can definitely relate to the feelings some have expressed. But still, I think it's just how it goes sometimes.
However, from a PR standpoint in the case of CM, it no doubt would have been better to release the 3rd volume separately and let a little time pass before releasing the trilogy as a set. That is more commonly how it's done and then they would have avoided most of the negative feelings from previous purchasers.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
912 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
I do not think the issue is with the box set coming at a lower price. I do not mind that. I know this is what a box set essentially is: a way to save on the whole collection.

I think the main issue is releasing the box set which includes all three volumes when volume 3 has not been released. Usually, all volumes are released and shortly after, a full box set (which may include special bonuses) is released. This is not the case here. Volume 3 is released with the box set, and not before that. There is no exclusivity about it. It is not a bonus feature of the box set since it got its own release.

The proper way to handle these kind of things is to have the volume 3 released and shortly after, release a box set of all 3.

Regarding TV seasons on DVD, did anyone ever hear of a DVD box set with all seasons released before the seasons concluded? Or maybe before the last episode even airs? Or they release a box set, and then release the last season on its own? Look at all series and movies, seasons release separately AFTER they are aired. Shortly after the full series conclude (or sometimes in milestone chunks of 3- or 6-season bundles), a box set is there with special feature and less price. In my opinion, THAT is normal practice!

Either way, this is how the magic community works, unfortunately. Volume 1 and 2 came with exclusivity but volume 3 does not. To me, I feel that exclusivity is worth the extra money one pays for early adoption.

@videoman: The Essential Card Magic Toolbox box set released after all DVDs were released and not at the same time of release. That is the proper way to do things. Those who jumped on board early got the privilege of learning, practicing, and eventually using the material for a while. The box set is a bundle deal and should cost less. If that was not the case, then I am misinformed. I simply do not support the idea of releasing a DVD standalone and and as part of a box set at the same time!

tl;dr: The proper way in my opinion was to release Volume 3 (normal price) on its own and in two months or so, release the full box set (at the deal price we see now). Given the work shared on Volumes 1 and 2, I really doubt they will have issues with sales. But hey, this is just my opinion.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Conscious Magic Trilogy (Vol 1 thru 3) with Ran Pink and Andrew Gerard (22 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL