The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Triple T.U.C questions (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Necroface
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Necroface
Hi I was wondering if anyone here has purchased the Triple T.U.C could give me some reviews on what they thought about it? Thank you
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
It's just a TUC with a shim sh***. TUC are not expanded so you can add one to any. it's not something different
coinme
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of coinme
Cool
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8640 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2017, Joshua Barrett wrote:
It's just a TUC with a shim sh***. TUC are not expanded so you can add one to any. it's not something different

Not quite complete. The provided Shim Sh*** is balanced to the TUC so that it adheres loosely to one side and "locks' on the other.
thus, the Sh** can be Ditched on the TUC itself or Idled and a Chest Mag or other Place.

There are some interesting effects that can be done with this combination, but unless you use the TUC a lot it may not justify the expense.

If you have a TUC and are thinking of getting this, consider getting the C/S TUC version for many additional effects.

I have not seen many published effects for the Triple - so you must use your imagination.

The point is that just adding an Exp [ to a TUC will not get the same results.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Necroface
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Necroface
Thank you very much that is very helpful, I do have a TUC but its not something I often, but I was interested in a C/S TUC so I think I will go with that, thank you!
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
8640 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have some unpublished C/S TUC effects - drop me a line when you are comfortable with it
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

hektormagic
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
I have it. I really do not understand why the expanded shell is not more deep to cover the TUC (the same problem is with probably all expanded shells too)... Really why the "manufactures" do not fix this, is it so difficult?
And there is not included effects for this "new" TUC. The received link is the same as for other TUC and nothing more. Can I find somewhere?
Creator of Mental Card, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, Houdini Pendulum, UniPeek, eXact ESP and Love Connection.
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2020 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2017, hektormagic wrote:
I have it. I really do not understand why the expanded shell is not more deep to cover the TUC (the same problem is with probably all expanded shells too)... Really why the "manufactures" do not fix this, is it so difficult?
And there is not included effects for this "new" TUC. The received link is the same as for other TUC and nothing more. Can I find somewhere?

Expanded shells are made from actual coins that have been slightly flattened ("expanded") and then hollowed out.
To start with, at best the rim of an expanded shell can be no "taller" than the original coin. It will be slightly thinner, "less tall" from being expanded, and then of course some of the thickness of the shell needs to remain. Add that all up and you can't get full coverage with the basic process.

That said, Mark Mason / Bob Swadling's "Deep Dish" shell sold as "Shell Shocked" does provide full coverage. They must be doing something to process the rim.
Coverage is great, but (1) the milling doesn't look quite the same as original coins - especially older ones that will have worn milling, and (2) the extended rim is now *taller*, making the shell appear *thicker* than all the other coins. Also, due to the "full coverage" / "taller rim", some moves may need to be adjusted to get the shell to fully clear a coin. It's a perfectly good shell and some may prefer it, but it's not the be-all end-all.

Click here to view attached image.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2017, inigmntoya wrote:
Expanded shells are made from actual coins that have been slightly flattened ("expanded") and then hollowed out.
To start with, at best the rim of an expanded shell can be no "taller" than the original coin. It will be slightly thinner, "less tall" from being expanded, and then of course some of the thickness of the shell needs to remain. Add that all up and you can't get full coverage with the basic process.

As a small point of clarification, that's just *one* (usually the most common) way of making X-Shells. There are other ways that still use real coins (often more than one), that either don't involve as much stretching and/or more coverage. I suspect the deep dish shell uses some of these techniques.

That said, I definitely agree with your observations that more coverage makes the coin look thicker than the rest, and that moves can be affected.
hektormagic
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Oh, Inigmntoya, the shell on the photo looks great!, thank you! Can you make also photo of the backside when the coin is covered?
Creator of Mental Card, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, Houdini Pendulum, UniPeek, eXact ESP and Love Connection.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
2020 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2017, hektormagic wrote:
Oh, Inigmntoya, the shell on the photo looks great!, thank you! Can you make also photo of the backside when the coin is covered?

I no longer have the set, but you're in luck - I still have the pictures I took when I put it up for sale here a while back.
Probably another drawback of the deep-dish "full coverage"... the rim comes all the way up to the edge of the coin which seems to taper inwards, so there's a more visible gap.
Compare (pics to follow) to how the shell from Bob Kohler's "Vegas Coins" sits back. Caveats -- the coin has a beveled edge which helps, and it's dollar sized which generally helps make things less noticeable as the rim, while the same thickness, is a smaller percentage of the overall coin.

inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
2020 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Coverage of the Vegas Coins shell....

inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
2020 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Nested Vegas coin - mouth-up. I really like this set.

inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
2020 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
And just for completeness, and to bring things back to the TUC.... My WL TUC "mouth up". The rim comes right up to the edge, but because the insert is cut down, it has a bit less of a rim of its own.

hektormagic
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Thank you very much Inigmntoya!
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
8640 Posts

Profile of funsway
When Marcello (Mr. Tango) began experimenting with the addition of an extra EXP [ to compliment the TUC the focus was on a Slipper Shell (ShimSlip)
different from the original concept in that it would be shimmed to marry with the TUC under certain conditions.

In anticipation of this I composed several 'articles' for him exploring possible effects and supporting logic. Eventually he decided on a complete Exp [
in preference to the ShimSlip -- I am not sure of all of the reasons. I also explored several other effects using the 'concept' in draft form,
but lacking nay tools to work with never completed them.

When he announced the release of the 'Super" I was part of the beta test group and compiled ideas for its use -- many adapted from the original material.
I have never seen any compilation of materials from the various 'testers' and do not know of any planned publication.

Therefore, I will make available to interested parties such material as I have that might give ideas for use and application of this new tool -- with restrictions:

NewMiracleS-S (You will have to adapt the terms and sleights to a full shell rather than a ShimSlip)

SuperTUC (Written as an evaluation of the new approach, but does include a couple of possible effects)

Taking Sides (a mini-routine)

1) a request is made to Ken@eversway.com with info about yourself, current TUC related devices in your possession, and reason why you desire the material.
2) the usual commitment to feedback on the material (not comments on grammar or style) - but certainly any experience of using nay of these ideas in a performance.
3) acknowledgment that these are DRAFT copies and not field tested effects or applications.
4) recognition that these are not designed to sell anyone on acquiring a Super TUC - instead may talk many out of getting one in favor of just using the TUC more completely.
5) the material assumes the reader has read "TUC Appreciation" as to terminology and format. In short, if you are not expert in using the TUC my material may be of little use.

hektormagic
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Thanks Ken. You have an email
PhilJake
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of PhilJake
If anyone is still looking for an explanation of how the Triple TUC works or looking for a routine, Meir Yedid has made his Triple TUC routines video available as a download at a very reasonable price on his mymagic site. It Includes a nice coins across routine.
donny
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado
263 Posts

Profile of donny
What you all miss: Triple TUC is a hair smaller than the standard TUC. Therefor, it won't play with your other shells and the parts aren't interchangeable between TUC types, when type of coin is considered. The Triple TUC is a mistake for this reason. My solution: Get TUCs if that's what you want and just add a properly shimmed shell to it, and thus DIY!
This and a Wong 3-in-1 are best coin gaffs. Next is Double Deception, then the rest of Oxf, then just a shell.
Who would argue?
It's not their senses that mislead, it's their assumptions.
Signet
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of Signet
Donny, is exactly what I have been trying to come up with. Do you happen to know where I can buy the wafer to put into my exp (? I found one company that sells them for $2.50 each, but minimum quantity of 200. I think a TUC coin like this would be superior to the triple TUC.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Triple T.U.C questions (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL