The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Triple T.U.C questions (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
You obviously miss my point. I am busy doing other things like home repairs, gardening, care for our Wildlife Sanctuary, etc.
Life has many priorities other than sharing magic effects and experience. I am completing construction on a new house - by myself and some support of a blind wife.
I have added 1400sqft this last year. I only note that I have little time with what many seem to waste their time on.

I have but scant time to spend on writing new effects and little motivation to create videos just to please you.
I did manage to publish more than 30 ebooks last year. I will cut down on that to play with a new camera.

So, have your opinions, but don't spin what I say into something else.

Yup, schools can show how to write A sentence. No video teaches what comprises a sentence or what makes it different from a jumble of words.

But, you say they use White Boards. That is not video. Methinks you are confusion "visual learning" with "video."

A combination of modalities is important to sustained learned and the molding of "lifetime, self-motivated learners."

Videos can be good for Instruction. That is different from supporting learning.

These distinctions were important enough in my life work to go back to school at 60 and get a Masters Degree in Educational Technology.
I know use that knowledge instead of opinion to craft the best modality for the task at hand.

Yet, I am always learning and realize that learning abilities of people today is diminishing, along with attention span.
So, I will take your opinion and that of Gjo to heart and seek a way to provide support without diverting to contra-productive methods.

"truly a priority?" Quit judging others.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2023, GJo wrote:
@funsway, I'm good.

I'm moving on from this discussion of "TUC Appreciation" and SWAY methodology.

When I get some line drawing converted, I'll send you some copies.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Quote:
"truly a priority?" Quit judging others.

Funsway, I truly meant no ill will. Nor am I trying to judge you. I try not to spin your words, I would appreciate it if you likewise do not spin mine.
Of all the skills I've developed over the years, reading minds (let alone across the internet) was not one of them.

Of course there are other - and more important - priorities in life than magic.

You said
Quote:
Finding time is another matter. I do not watch TV or dine out, and limit Internet time to an hour or less daily. So, it is also a matter of priorities.
Do I release more new effects/routines - or work on making every reader happy as to modality?

I have no context on where you're spending time. I don't know you're taking care of a wife and building a house on your own, versus eating and drinking the day away. (To be 150% unambiguous: I don't think that's you. I'm using it as an extreme counterpoint, and there's a huge range in the middle.)

I imagine you spend time gardening (I've learned something else new about you) to relax - which is totally fine - but that makes it a higher priority than putting your magic into ebooks. Which (again) is a totally valid choice. But it's still a prioritization choice. It's likewise a choice of whether to prioritize releasing new things or expanding the audience of existing ones.

I'll repeat myself one last time: I've never actually asked you for any videos of your work. Please do not create any videos just because I asked. But I still think it could be a useful modailty to reach a wider audience - as you say: a combination of modailties is important to sustained learning.

Quote:
Yup, schools can show how to write A sentence. No video teaches what comprises a sentence or what makes it different from a jumble of words.

But, you say they use White Boards. That is not video. Methinks you are confusion "visual learning" with "video."

No, I'm not. I'm not talking about the whiteboard. If you can write down the explanation of what makes it different, then you could make a recording of someone reading it. A audio recording perhaps, or maybe even a video. Yes, that's closer to auditory learning. But if you instead captured a teacher, explaining the subject while both talking and writing - maybe answering questions from a class - now that sure feels like a video that's teaching a subject. That or the teacher wasn't "teaching" it to their students.

And with that, I'm actually done on this topic - despite my attempt to stop last time.
There's no point to my continuing further. I've said my piece and you've said yours. Have a great rest of your week.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Triple T.U.C questions (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL