The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Dean Dill's ring on rope (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Hi @all,

I have a question regarding the Dean Dill's video recently posted on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/illusionworksho......3871500/

Can anyone please suggest where is it published?

Thanks for your time and help.

Regards
Mayur
PASCAL
View Profile
Loyal user
France
269 Posts

Profile of PASCAL
Hello
I think it's not published by Dean Dill
Dean improved an old effect
Maybe similar to an effect published in the Wizard's journal number 10 on the Sefalaa from Stewart JAMES

PASCAL
depeka
View Profile
New user
Germany, Bielefeld
51 Posts

Profile of depeka
Anyone have more informations about this?
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
The *effect* looks similar to a Sefalalgia, which is published in many sources (including the Encyclopedia of Rope). However, the *method* does not appear to be a Sefalalgia.

This effect could be done with the ring that is mentioned in the caption of the video - AmazeRing.

If someone knows otherwise, I would love to hear about it.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Yes, its AmazeRing. Thanks.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The beauty of this is to use a borrowed ring. The first time I saw it was done by Slydini, then Fred Kaps, who I believe learned it from Slydini. Dean changed it just slightly, but the principle is the same. Find the clue in Discovery of Witchcraft.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
And no: it's not the Ravelle & Andree principle, either. There are no magnetic joints in the examinable rope. Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
If the ring is borrowed and rope not gimmicked, this is the best trick I have seen in a looong time !
Love it.
Smile
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2017, Pete Biro wrote:
Find the clue in Discovery of Witchcraft.

Pete, with all due respect but I didn't get the last hint... couldn't find anything closely related in DoW.
However, just a minute ago I've sent you the original source where the effect was first published.
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
FYI, Pete and I agreed on not further disclosing the original source in honor of late Dean.
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2017, Nicolino wrote:
FYI, Pete and I agreed on not further disclosing the original source in honor of late Dean.

I think it should be the other way around, else the video and effect will gradually be lost to sight...
scottjenkins
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of scottjenkins
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2017, John Long wrote:
The *effect* looks similar to a Sefalalgia, which is published in many sources (including the Encyclopedia of Rope). However, the *method* does not appear to be a Sefalalgia.

This effect could be done with the ring that is mentioned in the caption of the video - AmazeRing.

If someone knows otherwise, I would love to hear about it.

John

It's definitely not an AmazeRing. I only mentioned that because of the AmazeRing vid of Dean that I posted immediately before, and it reminded me that I'd shot the other video.
Scott
Scott Jenkins
Magician Member of the AMA
Joe Porper's partner!
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Thanks Scott. Given what you, Nicolino and Pete said.. I've been fooled.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Indeed, thanks for sharing!

I had the pleasure of visiting Dean a bit at his shoppe and virtually each visit he shared something that I had never seen nor read about anywhere else. I was lucky to purchase (and learn) his Explosion routine directly from him. I wasn't a "friend" per se, just a periodic magic student; but Dean made everybody feel at home at his shoppe. Truly a class act! One of my favorite experiences was arriving unannounced at his shoppe one late afternoon on a July 3rd. Dean was out on the patio area cleaning his grill for a Fourth of July cooking the next day. He had already closed his business, but opened it up just for me so that I could purchase his Dean's Box. He didn't make the sale and rush me out. Rather he gave me a private lesson on the finer details of the apparatus. What an awesome human being.

I had never seen the ring trick. What a fooler. And a pure treat to see. Thanks again Scott. I don't even want to know how it's done...I truly like the idea that there are still a few things out there which can provide such a strong sense of wonder even to those of us who have been into magic for a while.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Dean did not take this effect to his grave.........this is genius , Pete is right he changed it a little. Dean did share this with the magic community, but not the handling as far as I know

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
DaveM
View Profile
Special user
Germany
788 Posts

Profile of DaveM
I thought I noticed "something" during my first viewing. Second one confirmed it (i think)

As with all of Dean's magic, it's extremely clever. In respect to Dean, I wont be discussing my findings.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The method is in Slydini book by Fulves. Dean made a subtle change.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Hello Pete Biro, thank you ! yes I see in the book description the same configuration…behind a book... Smile
Do you know if it is possible to reproduce Dean handling from the Slydini book ? To see if worth purchasing the book (Slydini = hard stuff, too hard for me ;-)).

Thank you
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I'm aware of two books on Slydini that are by Fulves,

The Best of Slydini by Karl Fulves
Magical World of Slydini by Karl Fulves

but I don't see anything in the TOC that looks like Dean's effect. Is it in a different book?

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Hello John, it is in Magical World of Slydini by Karl Fulves, check the Toc here : http://archive.denisbehr.de/list/book/787
Page 76, called "The Ring On The String".

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Dean Dill's ring on rope (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL