The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Tommy James and Jef Eaton (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Tommy James and Jef Eaton at Kandu Magic are two of the most accommodating dealers in the magic business. They both know how to treat their customers. I always get the Royalty treatment whenever I call on them for advise and prop I need that they don't stock anymore.
Some time ago a kid stole my Hank Trick Stand ,I called on Jef Eaton for a replacement for an item which he'd discontinued, he went out of his way to find me not one but two sets.
Tommy James is always ready to help his customers in anyway he can. I can recall many times I've called on him for help with props that I need and he was there for me. I'm quite sure all his customers can say the same.
Tommy, thanks for the last set of nesting wand that you made for me. That is the best color nesting wand that was ever made and maybe one day you will bring it back and if you do I'll be the first in line for another set.
Kudos to Tommy and Jef---keep making those great tricks.
Tricky Ricky
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
Thanks for the nice compliments Ricky! I do try to give good customer service. It's something I like to receive also.
I appreciate your continued support over the years.
"Keep 'em laughin!"
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Thanks so much Ricky. It is an honor to have you as a customer. Customer service is so important for business and I try to give everybody the same service. I hope you like using my new Silk Tray.
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I have to agree with TrickRicky .....
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Ditto!:)
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
458 Posts

Profile of TKD27
I've never bought from Jeff, though I'm sure he's great. But I can attest to the quality of both Tommy's products and his customer service. He is second to absolutely no one.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Hi TKD27.
Jef Eaton (Kandu) and Tommy James tricks can make you in the business of entertaining children and you can take that to the bank. These two are the new breed of dealers that really have the handle on what makes a good routine. Most of every thing they put out are winners.
Here is some things that I've done with Kandu's Paint Brush Pandemonium---I add a break a way paint brush to the box--I also tie the paint brushes one inch apart using a fine fishing line, this way the bundle stay together and the kids won't be running up to grab a brush ( the brushes are tied at the center). It's also a good idea to make sure the bundle shoot up and end up behind your table.
While playing around with Tommy James New Silk Tray I discovered that I can do a cut and restored ribbon while 2 kid stand on both sides of the tray holding the ends of the ribbon---it can also be used for silk change to blendo--cut and restored or blendo ropes.
A real utility item
Tricky Ricky
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
785 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
I don't know Jef but I have been on the phone with Tommy several times. Super guy. I'm sure Jef is too. Anyone that loves kids the way they do are good guys.
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1354 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Yup, I really like their stuff a lot, and they are great to buy from.
krowboom
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago area
233 Posts

Profile of krowboom
Both great guys with great products. They are really in tune with what goes over for kids
KMFrye
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of KMFrye
I think Tommy makes great, innovative products and have agitated bringing him down to Kidabra 10 in Parsippany, NJ as well as Kidabra 1.Whatever in Hightstown, NJ. It might be possible to get the two chapters to coordinate bringing Tommy down to New Jersey.

Keith F.
MaveriQ
View Profile
New user
Dayton, Ohio
34 Posts

Profile of MaveriQ
Praise here for Jeff as well.
My MOTHER ordered me a Kandu comedy carton last Christmas. Had no idea what she was doing, but she had a great experience. If she says the customer service was great, its top notch!
p.s. LOVE the quality of the carton. (saving up for ketchup, fries 'n more!)
magomago
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of magomago
I bought Comedy Cartoon and Knot Funny from Jeff. Great service and great products. Both are great hits in my shows.
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2018, KMFrye wrote:
I think Tommy makes great, innovative products and have agitated bringing him down to Kidabra 10 in Parsippany, NJ as well as Kidabra 1.Whatever in Hightstown, NJ. It might be possible to get the two chapters to coordinate bringing Tommy down to New Jersey.

Keith F.

Thank you Keith, I just PM'd you Smile

I am performing my first ever full lecture at KIDabra in Tennessee in August as well as Long Island in November. In talks with Trix in the Stix for the year 2020.

Wait til you all see what I've created for Christmas. I will be debuting it in my lecture in August, and then releasing it on my site following the convention. A highly entertaining EIGHT minute routine, themed for Christmas. This is something that I can't wait to perform in my own Christmas shows. It's going to be good!
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Both are giants on whose shoulders I stand every show. Jef's Kandu Karton has been in my show for two years running, and about to debut a great new trick he just put out... Tommy is as close to my performance personality as I could ever imagine, I just don't have the energy he does Smile I've got more mileage out of his "Comeback Spider" than ANY card trick, and you'll see at least one of his wands in every show. When I'm depressed I watch one of his product demos and start laughing again!

And BOTH are fantastic business partners, which is how I think of them, because I truly believe they're as interested in my satisfaction and success as they are their commerce.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I wonder who is going to be the next king of making magical props.
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2018, stempleton wrote:
Both are giants on whose shoulders I stand every show. Jef's Kandu Karton has been in my show for two years running, and about to debut a great new trick he just put out... Tommy is as close to my performance personality as I could ever imagine, I just don't have the energy he does Smile I've got more mileage out of his "Comeback Spider" than ANY card trick, and you'll see at least one of his wands in every show. When I'm depressed I watch one of his product demos and start laughing again!

And BOTH are fantastic business partners, which is how I think of them, because I truly believe they're as interested in my satisfaction and success as they are their commerce.

Wow thanks so much! Its funny. Sometimes I will watch a video of myself in my office and I will start laughing and my wife will be in the other room and she will shout out "Are you watching videos of yourself again?" Sometimes I can't believe I get in front of people and act the way I do, but it makes people laugh, including myself lol
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4633 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
100% agree with this, Jef and Tommy are two of my top suppliers, and always give great customer service. The fact that they are both workers makes such a huge difference - every prop they supply, they have developed through many years' experience and practical application.

I don't know if I'll ever find a routine to top Tommy's "ABC Blocks", I tweaked his original routine somewhat, but my word, it's mind-boggling, the reaction it gets!

And I've been using Jef's "Knot Funny" since I first started my current act as Potty the Pirate. It takes pride of place in my best-selling story show "Magic Island". I don't know of any other routine that has so many "look don't see", and other comedy moments.

Much Kudos to Tommy and Jef for sharing the laughter and the love.
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2018, Potty the Pirate wrote:
100% agree with this, Jef and Tommy are two of my top suppliers, and always give great customer service. The fact that they are both workers makes such a huge difference - every prop they supply, they have developed through many years' experience and practical application.

I don't know if I'll ever find a routine to top Tommy's "ABC Blocks", I tweaked his original routine somewhat, but my word, it's mind-boggling, the reaction it gets!

And I've been using Jef's "Knot Funny" since I first started my current act as Potty the Pirate. It takes pride of place in my best-selling story show "Magic Island". I don't know of any other routine that has so many "look don't see", and other comedy moments.

Much Kudos to Tommy and Jef for sharing the laughter and the love.

Doug, your routine is SO good, I added it to the instruction sheet a few years ago, with your name of course. Thanks! It really is a wonderfully put together routine.
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I try to come up with stuff that is a little different and has a lot of action. I am on the road for my last midwest fair tour (doing FL only in 2019) and then it's time for me to get off the road. I have a bunch of new stuff I have been working on and hope to introduce them this fall and winter.
I hope everyone has a great summer!
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Tommy James and Jef Eaton (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL