The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Details of Deception - By Greg Chapman (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
AntonF
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of AntonF
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2017, chappy wrote:
I've just started a Facebook group for those interested in this material, and in general those interested in cards, stack work, sleight of hand with cards, gambling routines etc.

It's brand new and I hope it'll pick up some interest and be a good place for like minds to share ideas. Please get along and take a look. It's called Devil in the Details and should be easily found with a search on Facebook.

Anton F, thanks, I'll be posting a ton of clips on the group if you're interested.

Best,
Greg

Thanks Greg, I will try to join the group if you let me. I am very curious about your thumb "touch" on the second deal, and the ideas about extension deck techniques. And I am very fond of center dealing too.
[...] The passion culminates in the professional. He would rather play than eat. Winning is not his sole delight.[...] there is but one pleasure in life better than winning, that is, in making the hazard...
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
Sure Anton. I think there will be plenty you'll find interesting.
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
For anyone interested the past 2 weeks posts include explanations of a previously unpublished deck switch, a card marking system, a couple of card peeking techniques, and tips on a card control from Details of Deception. Thanks to those from the Café here who've joined the group since it began. There's a bunch of stack work and plenty more on the way this week. We're just getting started.
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
Sounds great! While I'm traveling right now and don't have the book with me (to answer the join request Q's) I still submitted a request--looking forward to seeing it!
Indistinguishable
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Indistinguishable
Worth pointing out (mentioned previously, but way back in the post) that Greg's short videos are very helpful for just seeing some of the work he describes in his book IN ACTION. I have not bought many books this year, but this was one of them --- a very good buy.
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
Thanks again for the kind words.

New stack clips uploaded this week on the group include A.C.A.A.N. and One Card Missing V2, as well as non-stack items including Two Card Switch from Details of Deception, a top slug control, and an impromptu prediction with three selections.

Tim, welcome on board, and thanks to any other from this BB who've joined the group this week.
Best,
Greg
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
In case anyone here hasn't taken a look at the group page, there is a bunch of stuff there now from DOD, and from TDS. There are regular posts on the group page, and I'll be posting something from a new project there soon and hope you'll all take a look.
Francois Lagrange
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
383 Posts

Profile of Francois Lagrange
I don't have the book, but I've read those ridiculous endorsements on this thread about the second deal published in the book. From the author's demos, one has to be blind to not see the 2nd card coming out from under the top one. Bad technique, sorry.
Protect me from my friends, I'll deal with my enemies.
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
OOOOFFF! Gut Punch! Smile. But seriously, no problem Francois, to each their own.

The work on seconds is just a small section in this book, but it's good to have it endorsed by guys like Sal Piacente, Steve Ehlers, Jean-Jaques Sanvert and Paul Gertner, all of whom have great second deals. It's easy enough to find clips of my work using seconds so others will be able to judge for themselves. For me, the discovery of some interesting work on the second deal was important to put in print, and it is good to know some have found it a significant addition to the literature.

That said, the rest of this book is about other material, some of it much more relevant to this section of the forum, so apologies for the tangent.

Best,
Greg
Francois Lagrange
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
383 Posts

Greg,

I don't really care who've endorsed you, the point is that your seconds are anything but invisible. I can clearly see them so I am not suffering of The emperor's new clothes syndrome.

On your own video between 20 and 21s, the seconds are clearly visible. Your technique creates a huge gap between pack and thumb and the 2nd card is plainly seen being extracted. Maybe putting your 2nd finger in the gap and putting your forefinger in front of it would help as you still get the thumb-lift but you cover the weak point of your technique.

https://vimeo.com/198790768

But as you said, your book is much more than this and I have not had the pleasure to read it, I can't comment beyond that, sorry.

Good luck
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
Thanks Francois,

As I said, no problem, at all.

The part in the clip referenced above is from a section about an exercise I describe which illustrates a detail I discovered during my study of the technique. It's independent of the two main second deals taught in Details of Deception, both already very well- known but I've tried to add a little to their description, for people interested in the move.

I hope that gives a little context to the section of the clip you've mentioned.

Best,
Greg
Francois Lagrange
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
383 Posts

Ah, OK, I might've jumped the gun.

Best of luck with your book.
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
Thanks.
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
If you pick this up at Vanishing Inc. they're now offering FREE shipping in the U.S. (and there are just a few copies left).
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
Maybe you're interested in several clips I recently filmed of some of my favorite mem-deck routines, their handling's and explanations, and the good news is that they're not for sale!

I put together these three clips in a short project, available to view if you're going to be picking up Details of Deception in the near future. Let me know if you pick up the book and I'll send you links. The running time of the clips, 22 mins.

https://vimeo.com/249061202/002e627251
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Details of Deception - By Greg Chapman (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL