The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dimension by Duane Williams (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2017, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2017, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
Bought it and I am a bit disappointed...what's new about the method? This is well known and normally did it with a cap. Only the way you throw it might be new.

What defines method? If something levitates using thread but someone brings out an effect with a diabolical new hookup, is that still not a new method because it uses thread? Of if a brand new trick is created with a flap card that totally fools the pants off everyone, is that not a new method because the core of it is a hinged gimmick?

Duane has totally broken down every single fraction to the aesthetics of this classic plot and rebuilt them with intricate detail from the ground up. So much so, that this can and was filmed in HD slow motion and not a single thing can seen. This is where the 'secret' to the method lies. Not in the tools at play. This is the very first of it's kind to achieve such a visual 'throw through' penetration that can be analysed down to the very last micro-detail. This is why everyone classes this as a new method.

So, I'm a bit lost as to why you say you're "disappointed" because the method is not new? Do you not want to perform the exact effect that you've just chosen to learn just because you were familiar with one element to how the effect works? Personally, if I liked an effect enough to make me want to learn it, I wouldn't change my opinion on it after I opened it up and recognised one thing I'd seen before.

Lloyd

It's obvious Ellusionist's money is causing your brain to fog. You're being purposely glib and you know it. If not youre just ignorant.

Duane sold Ellusionist an effect that not his to sell. Just like when James Dickson sold "his" Fauxverhand Shuffle to Ellusionist. But once Ellusionist released it magicians pointed out it was actually the Mead-Kennedy Shuffle. As such Ellusionist took it off the market. Or when Chris Ramsay released Pocket through Ellusionist it was too similar to Envylope by Brandon David and Chris Turchi. Then Pocket was taken off the market as well.

I think you are using the word method when you actually mean subtleties. Duane is not the first with "his" visual "throw through" there have been others. His subtleties are not "revolutionary" either.

I think you're confused as to why he's a BIT disappointed. I think he is BIT disappointed because he purchased an effect he essentially already owns.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
SO forget it trying to use a U.S. Quarter ? Or will it work with my bottle & a U.S quarter ? If so I am in ! I don't really care If the bottle is borrowed .
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2017, mantel wrote:
I think you're confused as to why he's a BIT disappointed. I think he is BIT disappointed because he purchased an effect he essentially already owns.

That's exactly the point!
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
I really liked this trick.

And the price is good as well.

The offbeat method is fun. I am not an expert in coin in bottle effects but I have checked a few out over the years.

And this is the one I am going to run with for now.

Joe Mckay
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2017, tophatter wrote:
SO forget it trying to use a U.S. Quarter ? Or will it work with my bottle & a U.S quarter ? If so I am in ! I don't really care If the bottle is borrowed .

A quarter will work as long as the mouth of the bottle is large enough that it can slide in and out easily.
However, not just any quarter will work, you will have to provide it, and for some of the handlings you will need 2 of them.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Videoman thanks for your response .
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
I got this today and really like it.

Kieran
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2017, magicman29 wrote:

Kieran

Care to tell us why?
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2017, mantel wrote:
Quote:

Kieran

Care to tell us why?

Spend the $9 and find out for yourself.

Kieran
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2017, mantel wrote:
Quote:

Kieran

Care to tell us why?

Spend the $9 and find out for yourself.

Kieran

With your "thorough" review, no thanks!
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Do you get the gimiicks for this or do you now have to go out & buy It after the download ?
Thanks,
Jeffrey
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
No gimmicks just the download.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2017, mantel wrote:
With your "thorough" review, no thanks!

That answer ! Ouch ! (Anyway you're right.)

tophatter, you need two things, and one of these is something everyone has in his house, the other, you must also have it since you're a magician. To be honest, I don't like the set up, and I don't feel like using it. The only good thing here is the visual. My personal version of that effect requires no gimmick, preparation or gimmicked coin, although it's less visual than this effect here. If I want the best coin in bottle effect without too much preparation, I would opt for the old method, using a folding coin. Given the pros and cons, I think it's a better method than this one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dimension by Duane Williams (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL