The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » David Parr on Penn & Teller: Fool Us (82 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
philraso
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of philraso
Saw your show in Chicago. Looking forward to P&T.
philraso
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of philraso
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2017, dooblehorn wrote:
6 hour shoot? good grief!

I remember being at a taping of a magic show in LA a few years ago. I think it was for a show outside of this country. Took three hours for a 40-minute show. Was interesting to see them repeat tricks.
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
861 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Thanks, philraso! The shoot for Fool Us was mostly waiting around in the holding area beneath the stage, as each act had to set up and then strike, the stage had to be cleared and reset. There was no time for retakes, as far as I could tell. There were eight acts recording that day.
Brain Food, A Game of Life & Death, Proof Positive, and Paper Prophecies
available at http://www.davidparr.com/store
willmagicman
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of willmagicman
Fantastic! Thanks for keeping us up to date David. I can't wait to see it.

Will
A Man's gotta know his limitations ... A Magician sets those limitations.
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
861 Posts

Profile of David Parr
I hope you enjoy the show, willmagicman!
toniyammine
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of toniyammine
Please give us a youtube link as soon as it is out.
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
861 Posts

Profile of David Parr
I certainly will, toniyammine
willmagicman
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of willmagicman
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2017, David Parr wrote:
I hope you enjoy the show, willmagicman!

David, I just know I'm going to enjoy it. I'm very excited about it. You sir, must have nerves of steel. I remember how badly my nerves let me down when I auditioned for a British TV show called 'Opportunity Knocks' hosted by 'Hughie Green' [Canadian Actor/show host]
It was back in 77/78. It was just me with my acoustic guitar. There were about 400 auditionees [for want of a better word] there that day, many of whom were Magicians/Jugglers/fire eaters/singers/instrumentalists etc etc, you name it and they were there. They were all rehearsing at the same time in one huge room.What a cacophony! We were all given a card with a number on, and when your number was called you had to make your way to the stage area. Silence would be called for when an act was actually performing on the stage. I made the mistake of taking a Valium that my girlfriend gave me to calm me down, I was so nervous. There I was on this huge stage surrounded by those big old fashioned TV cameras, and there were sound engineers and guys adjusting the mic stands around me and my guitar, and then silence was called for and that was my cue to begin. I was trembling so much I could hardly hold the guitar let alone play it. I tried to get something going, but unfortunately I forgot how the song went, and I couldn't even remember the words .... and here's the thing ... It was my own song that I had written! Needless to say .. I failed miserably, and I was so glad to get out of there.
The upshot of it all David is that I totally appreciate what you have done. It takes a special kind of person to go on a show like Fool Us, and I have nothing but admiration for you. I hope you have a wonderful, successful, and enduring career.

Will.
A Man's gotta know his limitations ... A Magician sets those limitations.
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
861 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Crikey, willmagicman, that's a harrowing story. In comparison, my experience with Fool Us was a stroll through the park on a pleasant summer day. In any case, I appreciate your very kind words. Thank you.
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
861 Posts

Profile of David Parr
What could this episode title be alluding to...?

PENN & TELLER: FOOL US - Season 4, Episode 5 (Air Date: 08.10.17) "Does This Trick Ring a Bell?"

rbattle
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of rbattle
Well done David. I hope Eugene was able to see this piece. Hope to go by the Egypian museum Berlin next week.. Thank you

Robert
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9579 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Very nice!
philraso
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of philraso
Nice job David. You fooled 'em!! And they titled the episode after your effect. Fantastic.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3348 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Hey, no spoilers! Still hasn't aired on the west coast!
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
lin
View Profile
Special user
California
810 Posts

Profile of lin
Absolutely delightful! Smile
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
861 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Thanks, folks! Glad you enjoyed it!
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6921 Posts

Profile of bowers
Congrats David
I loved the act and the effect as well.
Todd
volcane
View Profile
New user
Virginia
34 Posts

Profile of volcane
Congratulations and a host of huzzahs, David. Your routine was beautiful, flawless, confounding, pure and bereft of any visible subterfuge. This is what magic should look like. Good for you, good for the profession. A memorable performance -- and oh, also, you did a dandy trick! Smile
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
448 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
Congratulations Mr.David!

I knew that you would cheat them! Smile Smile
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
RexDeash
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of RexDeash
Brilliant performance, David. One of the best effects I have seen on the show in terms of simplicity, elegance and pure class.

Rex
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » David Parr on Penn & Teller: Fool Us (82 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL