The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A Game of Life & Death (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
860 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Greetings, magi! The new digital release of my effect A Game of Life & Death, long out of print, is now available on my website. I published this effect as a dealer item many years ago, and after it went out of print, I regularly received emails from magicians asking if it was still available. In fact, I've recently received a bunch of messages from folks on this site, and I've been telling them they won't have to wait much longer, because it's nearly ready. Well, now it's available, for the first time in digital form: complete script, instructions, and printable props so you can give away a cool souvenir whenever you perform it! You can watch a full demo here: http://www.davidparr.com/store

Glad to finally be able to tell folks that it's back!

Click here to view attached image.
Brain Food, A Game of Life & Death, Proof Positive, and Paper Prophecies
available at http://www.davidparr.com/store
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2612 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Looks like fun
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
860 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Thanks, afinemesh! It is fun to perform, as it has a lot of room for interpretation and change of tone.
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of Perkins
This is a fabled effect. I have hoped to get a hold of it for some time. Many thanks, David... I have it now. Let the games begin.
Sebastian Oudot
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere Between Two Worlds
185 Posts

Profile of Sebastian Oudot
That's a great trick David.

I really liked the presentation.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Nice routine.... I can see this being done with tarot cards or other types of cards. Maybe the vintage 1800 style deck.

I would like the routine better by having the death card selected..... That is what Incubus would do in his chamber (from the book, The book of haunted Magic) Smile

Yes, I like this routine. Another sale is coming your way....

Ray
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
860 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Thanks, you guys! Good to know folks are gonna enjoy using this!

Something I've been thinking about: You know how online magic demos often deliberately avoid showing the effect? I was determined to take the opposite approach, to actually show a performance — twice, under different conditions.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2612 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2017, David Parr wrote:
Something I've been thinking about: You know how online magic demos often deliberately avoid showing the effect? I was determined to take the opposite approach, to actually show a performance — twice, under different conditions.

That's what sold me!

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Sebastian Oudot
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere Between Two Worlds
185 Posts

Profile of Sebastian Oudot
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2017, David Parr wrote:

That was indeed a good idea. Especially mixing two different performances into the final video montage.
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
860 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Thanks, guys. It was a decision made because of the number of times I've watched demo videos and said out loud to the screen: "Just let me see the effect!"
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1433 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Ha, its video photo shopped, cgi,trap doors, & hidden stooges....lol
Yes I also appreciate the uncut, start to finish performance you did & shared. It does get aggrivating on the cut aways & say the same as you do - I just want to see the whole effect !

After Fridays big releases, need to replenish my funds but will be getting this, love the premise & routine, innocent looking but nicely devious !
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
860 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Glad you appreciate the straightforward approach to the video demo. And thanks, everyone, for the compliments on this routine!
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1447 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Hands down, this is my favorite bizarre card effect of all time, and has been since David first released it back in the early 2000's.

Frankly, I would have liked for it to remain underground - which is about the highest compliment I can give it.

Congrats on your re-release David.
Magic which awakens and nourishes the divine spirit in man encourages the growth of true humanity, in contrast to the materialistic outlook which binds man to the earth.

Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5189 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Just purchased. This is so fun and definitely my style and something I will do. Thanks for sharing this with the community David.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1258 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
It's a great effect,
I've used it for a number of years and always loved the structure, scripting and premise
hopefully all present it with the respect it deserves Smile
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions
www.Gothicmagic.com
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I am fixing/making my own cards for this routine. Nothing like a cool deck to add a little wow. Now I will be able to use a tarot or the series 1800 deck for this....

Ray
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
860 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Many thanks for the kind words! It's good to know that this piece is finding its way to folks who will get enjoyment and real use out of it.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2612 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Purchased! I LOVE it!

David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
860 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Thanks muchly!
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1658 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Yes, David, I picked it up last night and read it as I was camping in a hammock. Great reading to go to sleep by and take into my dreams...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A Game of Life & Death (29 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL