The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A Game of Life & Death (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
asanghi
View Profile
Veteran user
Moscow, Russia
308 Posts

Profile of asanghi
Picked this up and loved it! Here’s a question though — any ideas on how to do it without the gaff? The original criss-cross force may be a bit weak. Any suggestions would be most welcome! Thanks
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
898 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Asanghi, several magi have sent me their approaches to performing A Game of Life & Death with different card forces, so there are ways to do this with a regular deck. I have always used the Henry Christ force described in the booklet, for the simple reason that it gets the job done while looking very clean and hands-off, which makes it very difficult for laypeople to reverse engineer or explain away as sleight of hand.
asanghi
View Profile
Veteran user
Moscow, Russia
308 Posts

Profile of asanghi
Thanks David; yes, I agree that the method with the DB card is very clean and hands-off. It's just that I'm really, really trying to reduce gaffs in my performances (just as I'm really, really trying to lose those last 5 pounds Smile

Anyway, if there are one or two card forces that you recommend so I can do this without the DB, I'd really appreciate your pointing me towards those.

Btw, I saw your Penguin lecture -- one of the best I've seen (I think I said that in my review as well).

Finally, I had contacted you through your website -- had a question on Dinner with B. But haven't heard back from you so just wanted to find out -- did you even receive that query?

Cheers,
Apurva Sanghi
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
898 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Asanghi, thanks for the compliments on the Penguin lecture! I’m glad you enjoyed it. Sorry I can’t be more helpful in pointing you toward workable alternatives for A Game of Life & Death, but like I said, for nearly two decades I’ve only performed it one way, as described in the instructions.

I don’t think I received your query about Dinner with the Borgias. Can you please resend it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A Game of Life & Death (29 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL