The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » 10 New Must Have Props Every Street Magician Should Have In 2017 To Build Reputation (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
BlueMagician
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of BlueMagician
Hello Street Magicians

I'm charismatic and am good at misdirection. I don't like card tricks, I prefer levitation, pk, pyro and other eye catching tricks that are impromptu in nature.

Well, I'm planing an impromptu street magic free show in a crowded street to build my reputation as a magician and I want suggestions of The 10 New Must Have Props Every Non Card Street Magician Should Have In 2017 in other for me to have a jaw dropping mind blowing impromptu street magic free show that will pull big crowd and build my reputation as a magician.

The show will be filmed and I will be giving out my complimentary cards after the show.

Any advice, suggestions and ideas are highly welcome.

Thank you
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
I've got a product coming up in about a couple of months time...its a PK device but I give lots of good routines with it...for example... A corner is torn from your business card, placed on the spectators hand, and the spectator feels the corner heat up and when they open their hand, the corner is gone!

Sleepy
BlueMagician
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of BlueMagician
Hello

Thanks for your comment, can you upload a video of your magic prop effect live demonstration?

Thank you

Quote:
On Jun 19, 2017, SleepyMagic wrote:
I've got a product coming up in about a couple of months time...its a PK device but I give lots of good routines with it...for example... A corner is torn from your business card, placed on the spectators hand, and the spectator feels the corner heat up and when they open their hand, the corner is gone!

Sleepy
BlueMagician
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of BlueMagician
Hello Magicians, answers to my question were very poor. For days now, I was expecting non card latest magic prop of 2017 like Smoke 2.0, Electric Touch +, tarantula 2... etc from magicians here. Am disappointed, only one answer to my question.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
You must understand, that, PRESENTATION IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE PROP!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I agree with Dick.

There is no prop that every magician should have. I personally think everyone should have a unique show, so there really shouldn't be much repetition in what's out there. If someone's reputation is built entirely around some prop or gimmick or gizmo, that's a pretty fragile reputation.

I don't even know what's coming out this year, honestly. I have everything I need for now, so I'm just working on making the show better and booking gigs.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Thanks Chris!

YUP! I made a living for 50; years with mostly GENERIC PROPS (rope, silks, coins, deck of cards, a few gimmicks, etc.
I learned most of it from a guy named TARBELL, when I was a teenager.

"It aint WHAT ya do, it's HOW ya do it!"

!
furmanmatt
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
217 Posts

Profile of furmanmatt
Any trick is good, as long as you are confident and good at performing it. You cannot just buy a show.
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
821 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Lets ask this question. What do you already do well? Is it coins, Rope, Silk, ect?

Very little to go on by your post. What is the time frame you have to get this all together?

The best prop is a smile by the way.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Andy! I think that my first post "turned him (the OP) off". Then WitchdocChris agreed, and made several good comments!

It would appear that the OP is just another "magic shop magician". I'm betting that he won't return. Read his first and third posts again. He is almost "demanding" that someone suggest a prop that will make him a second Houdini! --And, he is disappointed that no one has given him the the "catalog number" that will propel him to fame and glory!

BTW! I like your "prop is a smile"! I'll reply to your PM in a day or two.
ofrmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of ofrmagic
Ox bender, and tru by are some my fave for 2017
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Ha?
kellyon
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of kellyon
Was useful to read, thanks
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2017, kellyon wrote:
Was useful to read, thanks

Glad that you found the comments interesting!

I doubt that Blue Magician will be "around" very long!
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
OP starts off with "I'm charismatic" and comes back acting like that. Yup he's gone. Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
One trick every street performer absolutely MUST have. "I'm gonna put my hat right here, and if some money should find it's way into it; I promise I won't chase it off."
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Well, I'm a bit late for the party, but Pyro Mini-Fireshooter would do the trick. Maybe next summer!
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Doc Willie
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Doc Willie
Poker Test would be on MY list.
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
213 Posts

Profile of debjit
Well you could check out my impromptu street magic trick, The Social Prediction. It's propless, plays big and gets great reactions. Link in my signature.
HeronsHorse
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
207 Posts

Profile of HeronsHorse
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2017, Dick Oslund wrote:
Thanks Chris!

YUP! I made a living for 50; years with mostly GENERIC PROPS (rope, silks, coins, deck of cards, a few gimmicks, etc.
I learned most of it from a guy named TARBELL, when I was a teenager.

"It aint WHAT ya do, it's HOW ya do it!"
!

I keep seeing evidence of so called magicians thinking the opposite. Like this guy that started the thread here.
You got it bang on Dick. The tricks every magician should have are things like coins and cards and rope in their pockets. If they can't do basic sleights then that's no magician in my opinion. No magician at all. Just a pretender who can't be bothered putting the work in. If they don't study the theoretical stuff then they are likely a poor magician, and you can see them on YouTube, performing in the street... it's embarrassing.
And if there were a list of tricks all should have then surely everyone would be sick of seeing those same bloody tricks! He may have been charismatic and good at misdirection, but logic wasn't his forte.
Quote of the Month
Those who think that magic consists of doing tricks are strangers to magic. Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained."
- S.H. Sharpe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » 10 New Must Have Props Every Street Magician Should Have In 2017 To Build Reputation (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL