We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Anagram creation software (that trains you, too!) (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rrubin98
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta (USA)
277 Posts

Profile of rrubin98
Hi Everybody,

I've seen some folks on the Café asking about anagram creation software, so I thought I'd mention this here. Today I released an iPhone/iPad app that creates branching anagrams and helps you practice them as well. So after it creates the anagram for you from your word list, the app serves as an imaginary spectator who's thinking of a word and will answer yes/no about a given letter. This way you can practice remembering and applying your anagram without first failing on a few spectators. Smile

I hope anyone interested in mentalism finds the app helpful. Note that I have priced it to keep it away from the merely curious.

http://appsto.re/us/rKeNkb.i

Thanks,

Richard
Aaron Smith
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith
I feel that nobody is merely curious about anagrams ...
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2416 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
At that price let me know how it goes
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2017, Aaron Smith wrote:
I feel that nobody is merely curious about anagrams ...

I think at that price - it's not to keep the merely curious away - but those who actually want it
NRmind
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of NRmind
Lol. Hilarious.
Yuan Moons
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of Yuan Moons
You can charge what you want but whatever made you think it's worth £85? That's a big chunk of cash. And why would the merely curious need to buy it when the description says exactly what it does in detail.
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
848 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Sounds like a really smart idea but it's priced higher than both iUnlockYourMind and WikiTest; two pretty popular and well reviewed apps.
I'm more than merely curious but I guess not enough at that price.
tomd
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of tomd
Yeah I agree with everyone else, when I read "to keep the merely curious away" I expected something like $20. I've never met anyone who would pay $20 for an app, outside the magic community. 84 pounds is kind of.. well.. WAY TO MUCH.

You can charge what you like, but I suspect considering everyone else so far is agreement, you might want to re-think your pricing.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1032 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Priced not to sell !
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
As others have said, I think this sounds cool but it is too expensive I my opinion. I understand why say inject or IUYM are expensive as the creator is pricing in the inevitable need to update every time the OS updates or visually something changes, but this feels expensive for what it is given that other tools have been created in the past using excel and therefore updating is likely to be relatively low maintenance
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1493 Posts

Profile of elimagic
It's a shame really. This seems like a great tool, at say 15-20 dollars, but not for the price he is asking.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I think the two other main creation softwares are FREE

So it's only the practicing part of the app that you are paying for

When the excellent ultimate stack trainer is something like $2.99 to $3.99

This seems stupidly high priced

No branching but I've created an anagram for the creator

"viced roper"
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
848 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Hehehe

"viper coder"
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1399 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
I got the chance to see the product and the workings, so let me say my thoughts on this one.

As an anagram lover, I love this type of stuff and was an use of a previous software that allows you to create Anagrams.

I like the fact that now, I can have a powerful tool that allow me to create anagrams on the spot, I mean, it's on my phone.

I can travel and create anagrams on the road, and I usually do this.

The tool allow you to create anagrams, email them, print them, and copy.

The trainer part is very interesting and allows you to practice without a participant, I love this section.

Overall, it works and it's a very useful tool, I will use it (as I am now using) and I highly recommend this APP.

Good job !
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
PM
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Yeah

Doesn't sound like you paid for it though

It's nice the product is good, in your review

But it's the is it worth the money, that should be the crux of any review... and you haven't mentioned whether that is the case
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
To build your own anagram you won't need much time. Peter Turner talks about this in a lecture and spending $80 for something you can do by yourself quiet quick is total overpriced. Even inject with all its functions and effects doesn't cost that much...sorry, but in my eyes a rip off...
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1399 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
I believe the creator will change the price after all our opinions.

IMHO, the price should be lower, not a surprise.

And will be I believe Smile
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
PM
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1467 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Atlas Brookings teaches a very practical way to create anagrams. It's a great system which actually isn't that difficult to do. I agree with the others: this app is too expensive.

Mainly because this App isn't a necessity. It's a luxury.
If you enjoy my thoughts on the cafe, please consider donating a coffee at the link.
https://ko-fi.com/madisonhagler
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2443 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Fully agree with all that has been said - a great idea for an app and potentially useful but just far too expensive.

Also, I believe much value can also be had forming your own anagrams but not necessarily restricting them to just letters. Doing this can be a good way to get the creative juices flowing.

Neil
m.o.pfeil
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of m.o.pfeil
Is there a lexicon component to the app or does it work with just what you put in, i.e. Can I just use German words?
I'd rather be read than (w)ri(gh)t(e)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Anagram creation software (that trains you, too!) (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL