The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Anagram creation software (that trains you, too!) (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Again it feels ppl are missing the point a bit

I don't think it's the creation part that is this apps USP

as Atlas and others have free apps for that

This app is all about the being able to 'test' yourself

I guess this part [too] will soon become a free app somewhere

I think if this is $2.99 - then that will deter other free versions from being made

Otherwise this is DOA [no that's not an anagram]
m.o.pfeil
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of m.o.pfeil
The price has gone down. It is still expensive, I do agree to that. Still, I find the training portion very useful, especially for an occasional anagrammer such as me.
I'd rather be read than (w)ri(gh)t(e)
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of The Duster
£50

Needs to be less than a tenth of that price
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Psy
I could pay $20 max for this
Yuan Moons
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of Yuan Moons
I’d pay $30
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Right now at $49.95. Half that would be fair.
m.o.pfeil
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of m.o.pfeil
What would be most helpful would be a way to put in anagrams by hand to train (and save them) rather than having to use the algorithm to create one.
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
852 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2017, m.o.pfeil wrote:
What would be most helpful would be a way to put in anagrams by hand to train (and save them) rather than having to use the algorithm to create one.

Oh, this is not a feature? Absolutely should be. A place to program and practice anagrams I already use would be very helpful, in addition to creating new ones.
rrubin98
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta (USA)
277 Posts

Profile of rrubin98
Actually, the practice mode works based on the letters that are in the words, no matter what the anagram is. For instance, let's say you enter the star signs as your list of words. You can then practice using whichever letter order / anagram you prefer. So you would just enter the star signs, hit generate, then ignore the anagram that the app recommends (assuming you like another better) and start guessing letters based on your preferred anagram. Make sense? You could paste in Doug Dyment's excellent anagram, for example, and practice with that.

The next version will include the ability to save/load previous anagrams as well (instead of just copying them, emailing them, etc.).

Thank you,

Richard
Tempesta
View Profile
Elite user
USA
401 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
Very interested but unfortunately it prices me out as I don't use anagrams professionally. I really want WikiTest 2.0 but even that is incredibly expensive for my typical R&D budget right now and it's first in line.

With that said, I'm not advocating dropping the price as I believe creators should charge what they want to retain secrecy.
//Sean Beard
m.o.pfeil
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of m.o.pfeil
Perfect update Richard, thank you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Anagram creation software (that trains you, too!) (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL