The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Best bizarre or spooky magicians (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
hollywoo
View Profile
New user
Kentucky
18 Posts

Profile of hollywoo
I really enjoy Jim Critchlow, from what I've seen of him. I love the needle trick, especially Teller's version, which I think is genuinely beautiful. I enjoyed Dan Sperry's jolly rancher trick on America's Got Talent. I enjoy magic with a tinge of horror in its wonder, whether there's a story or just the (apparent) potential for gore.

Who else should I look at for inspiration and entertainment?
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I would have suggested myself, Weepin' Willie, but then I noticed you said inspiration, not aspiration. Sorry.

Weepin' Willie
Purveyer of Death
House of Discount Funerals
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I saw Simon Drake's show in May, at his dinner theater in London. Much more bizarre/halloween magic than mentalism. The show was well choreographed, with music, special effects, lovely assistants, etc. I have not seen many bizarrists, but he is likely top tier.

George
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Rob Zabrecky
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2017, weepinwil wrote:
I would have suggested myself, Weepin' Willie, but then I noticed you said inspiration, not aspiration. Sorry.

Weepin' Willie
Purveyer of Death

I was going to suggest one of your clients. But I would have been dead wrong (look at me, trying to "out-pun" the mortician).
Sparrowhwk
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Sparrowhwk
Todd Robins & Harley Newman - both Master showmen and entertainers. These gents exemplify the art of taking the audience for a gut wrenching ride while looking forward to the trip. The essence of bizarre entertainment.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2017, Al Desmond wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2017, weepinwil wrote:

Weepin' Willie
Purveyer of Death

I was going to suggest one of your clients. But I would have been dead wrong (look at me, trying to "out-pun" the mortician).

Remember Al, you can laugh Death in the face if you want, but Death always has the last laugh.
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1374 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
Professor BC
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
Yogi2x4
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of Yogi2x4
I'd kill to see a performance of yours weepinwil, that's two customers!
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
There are a lot of really good performers of bizarre magic, but it is hard to avoid making an apples to oranges comparison as each performer has their own style and bizarre is a term that has many meanings. Also I am bound to leave someone I love off this short list, I beg forgiveness on this.

I agree with the suggestions of Simon, Jim, Todd, Harley, Rob Z and the good Prof, and will raise you two Christians (Cagigal and Chelman), plus Paul Voodini, Todd Landman, Joe Diamond and David Parr to mention only a few. There are many more. I also think of some of Derren Brown's material as being close to Bizarre Magic(k) too.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2017, Yogi2x4 wrote:
I'd kill to see a performance of yours weepinwil, that's two customers!

Just bring over some body and we will embalm them. lol Thanks for the great compliment.
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
898 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Thanks for the mention, Bryn!
Malakim
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Malakim
Quote:
Professor BC

Most definitely the one that inspires me most.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
TEB 3, Jim Magus and E Raymond Carlyle deserve a mention. See I knew I'd forget someone, and I bet some more will pop into my head about the time I finish posting this.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Not yet mentioned: Roni Shachnaey and Steve Drury.

Barry
Daisydog
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of Daisydog
Todd. I could listen to him all day. And Adam Daniels is very entertaining too.
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1374 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
Well being I seem to have been forgotten I'll mention my own name
VLAD
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I don't watch a lot of other performers very often, but I'd add that Adam Weiss's Krabat video (You can YouTube it) is beautiful and bizarre.

A quick list would be to pull up everyone who's performed at ECSS.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2017, gothicmagic wrote:
Well being I seem to have been forgotten I'll mention my own name
VLAD

Pretend that I said it: Vlad! Most definitely. One of those brilliantly rare bizarrists who really does not need an effect in order to create an effective performance.

I would also add my voice to those admiring the Todds (Landman and Robbins), Roni, Voodini, Carlyle, and Jim Magus.

Amongst the 'youngsters', I am very encouraged to see Aiden Sinclair and Joseph Daniels taking up the torch.

There are certainly others, but, once you start admiring, where do you stop?!? (Such as Neil Tobin--I wouldn't want to forget Neil!) So many!

BC
Phasmologist
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
John Riggs needs to be on this list. His presentation of Slydini silks is capital "D" dark. That's right... Silks lol. Great work on Oracles, effects with Tarot, and much more. I guess we mostly know him as a mentalist, but his heart is bizarre.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Best bizarre or spooky magicians (26 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL