The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Headline Prediction by Banachek (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Penguin released a lot of instant downloads recently, and this one is the most expensive.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8635

Does anyone know what limitations this one has?
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
Banachek teaches his 4 favorite methods. They vary from easy to complex, and each have their own individual limitations.

What is guaranteed is that they're all highly effective and they've all been used by Banachek at major performances.

This is a product for professionals. It's not "too difficult" for curious beginners, but they won't get value out of it. It's priced higher because of the value of the information, and because of the limited audience. Much of what's on here is being taught for the first time.

I want to be super clear that this is for professionals. If you want to perform a headline prediction in your work, this information is worth many times what you pay for it. If you don't have a need for headline predictions, you won't get value out of it.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Thanks for the clarification, Acar!
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
The real question is whether these are included in his DVDs, Penguin Lecture, or elsewhere?
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
'It's priced higher because of the value of the information'

Love it!!! To have the courage to write that and think it's okay takes balls!
But maybe take a moment to think that one through next time? There are some in here who are NOT newbies. None of us need to embarrass ourselves here.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
To answer the "REAL QUESTION", as posted by The Sponge, (which was answered in a post prior to the question by the way) you get my guarded methods as well as a method I did have elsewhere. So yes you get methods not elsewhere however for sake of covering it all you also get a method seen elsewhere. I thought of leaving it out but I like to give everything when I teach and it might come in handy for those who show up and have no way to set up a gaffed method. Three methods, one covered before but it is not the main method. You get a video and a PDF. You also get to see exactly how to set it up in a video, something you can not get from a book. To me these methods are worth thousands so certainly not overpriced. People pay literally thousands to have an add in a newspaper, you get two days coverage for free other than your time. This will put people in the seats at your shows. It has for me many, many times.

And Bobser, I hope it does not take balls for someone to write that. I like to think I HAVE ALWAYS put out 1st class material and never just put something out to make money. But to give back to the magic community and better our art. To only put out usually professional material. I suspect that is why my lecture sold so well and got 1st class praise. I Care about what I serve to my peers and friends. I have been accused of giving too much at times, I prefer it that way as it betters our art not cheapens it.
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I just ordered it and will watch it a bit later.. $40.00 is a great value for 4 different headline methods explained professionaly used by and explained by Banachek with a video and pdf.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2017, Banachek wrote:
To answer the "REAL QUESTION", as posted by The Sponge, (which was answered in a post prior to the question by the way)

If you are talking about the following:

Quote:
On Jul 5, 2017, Acar wrote:
Much of what's on here is being taught for the first time.

that was vague and hardly really answered the question.
However, you did answer it, and that info is great to know.

s
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
This is straight to the point, real world material. Excellent information in this download. This is a no brainer for 40 bucks. Regardless if you actually want to do a headline prediction or not, the thinking and subtleties than Banachek tips is well worth the purchase. When guys like Banachek talk about something, everyone would be wise to listen carefully.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Sponge, sorry I take the word "much" to mean "most" meaning there is a lot of new material here that I have not discussed or put elsewhere

Thanks though and appreciate your interest, I really do.

And thanks to all those others for the kind praise, I do not take any of you for granted and appreciate all of you, even those who do not agree with me all the time .. lol
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
This looks awesome. Will be getting it soon. Everything I've bought by Banachek has been first rate.
Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Profile of Mysterious Mike
Banachek... loved your Penguin lecture. This is a no-brainer, will be ordering tonight.

Mike
The performance is what really makes it all worth while.
natmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
301 Posts

Profile of natmagic
You can't go wrong with banachek his material is always top quality. Ten buck per headline prediction that's a bargain.
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Psy
Come on guys, its Banachek! $40 its nothing to listen to his thoughts
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I know many are looking at this from the performance or effect perspective which is great, it is from Banachek so you know it is quality and real-word material, but there is an even greater benefit here to this release which many may overlook, which is the power that this release offers in getting major press and media coverage - television, radio newspapers, magazines and more.

In my book Press & Media For Entertainers I cover the many benefits to utilizing press and media appearances to boost your exposure, awareness, credibility and profile. How to use it to promote and fill seats to your events, to position yourself within your market, to separate yourself from the competition, how to expand from local to regional or national, to be a great media guest and most of all how to monetize it all, and so much more. Banachek's release is ideal for this and overs an additional layer of value beyond most typical effect releases. Get this now!
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Ive been dead and away from the Café for years now, but thought I would come back to post this:

Thank you Banacheck for sharing your work and improving our art!

I have always wanted to delve further into publicity stunts and a good headline prediction method has eluded me, so I am so glad you have released your own methods and presentation to share with your fellow mentalists!

Kindly,
Jordan
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Just finished watching this.

THE SHORT OPINION: It's Banachek - of course it's excellent (doesn't that go without saying?)!

THE LONG(er) OPINION: This is a masterclass in "labratory conditions" prediction techniques with the end game of increasing your visibility through publicity stunts. Although they are demonstrated primarily in terms of "Headline Predictions" Banachek makes a point of clarifying that they are quite versatile strategies that one could even employ within a stage performance.

The first method is the most involved but provides some excellent convincers and conditions that I've not come across before (he tips a way to have the ACTUAL prediction signed by a committee member before it's sealed inside an envelope and the same person can verify their signature when it's again opened - crazy right?!).

The second method was shared in PS3 (I believe - I don't have the book at hand) - but I loved seeing it detailed in video format. It's a very disarming, natural, and cunning strategy for accomplishing a newspaper prediction. And there's some great subtleties that I don't recall reading about in PS3.

The third method, while not my cup of tea, I still found valuable in that it demonstrates how Banachek thinks outside the box to accomplish miracles even under challenge conditions and using materials that are readily available to him.

And the fourth method features Banachek's update to a classic tool. He takes the time to explain its constructions but also states that they will be released through Penguin in the near future.

The video last just shy of an hour and a PDF is included providing even more detail on the various methods.

This is a FIRST-CLASS release from a CLASS-ACT guy. On a personal note, I had the pleasure of meeting Banachek in person at a convention here in SLC, Utah a few months back and he was a consummate professional. It was an honor to see him perform and lecture live (his Q&A is INCREDIBLE and its impact on a lay audience was phenomenal).

Thanks for sharing these ideas with the community Banachek!

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Man, this is good stuff. Great methods, and they are all very versatile. Glad I checked this out!

"I'm sure some of you are used to rolling papers...."
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
I meant to include this in my earlier post but just realized that I'd left it out.

This is how the first method in the video plays in the real world:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QBkrE3ASW-0

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
The video with all it's methods and information, particularly the first method, is excellent

Period.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Headline Prediction by Banachek (32 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL