The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Want to go "out to lunch? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheHillusionist
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of TheHillusionist
Good day

I'm in search of resources to help me on an effect using the out to lunch principle. I'm looking to do an effect on a much larger scale and without the usual apparatus (elastic, etc).

Thanks
TheHillusionist
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

To elaborate.. I would like to alter a large drawn picture (baring their signature)
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
This is the wrong forum in which to be discussing this, but I might suggest you search for a solution without thinking to yourself "Out To Lunch Principle MUST be Used." Once you give that up, you may find lots of other principles that will allow you to accomplish the effect you want. Magician inventors need to be "lateral" thinkers rather than "linear" thinkers. A linear thinker, for example, searches for gold by digging a hole. When he doesn't find it, he keeps digging deeper and deeper. The lateral thinker digs a hole, but when he doesn't find it, he gets out of the hole and digs a new one someplace else and so on. I hope that helps.
TheHillusionist
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Apologies for posting in the wrong place.

I have other methods I could use but for this particular effect, without getting into too much detail, the out to lunch would be so great.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
This is an old thread, but for what it's worth, here are a few ideas:

1. Use a paper strap instead of the elastic.
2. Put the whole thing into a wooden frame that has cross-bars like a window.
3. Use a string instead of elastic.
4. Use a drawing of a square on the page so the edge camouflages the line. You could use your hands to hide the edges where there is no square.

KJ
Ray Ouellette
View Profile
Regular user
Ottawa, Canada
114 Posts

Profile of Ray Ouellette
Jason Palter has done this with his effect TakeOff. The effect vanishes a plane on a signed large picture using otl
"Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Want to go "out to lunch? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL