The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Marijuana Decriminalization Leads to Violence...Reduction (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
In the United States, many are dying of complications from drugs and tens of millions need treatment for drug abuse but are not getting any. The ones getting treatment are being ripped off on a grand scale and so if you want to make a lot of money open a rehab business.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2017, tommy wrote:
The bad news is, if pot was unavailable, then potheads would choose other methods to alter their mental state to stupid but the good news is these pyromaniacs are less violent and happy. You know, I think some gamblers are funny, the smaller ones, they like to take a hit, like to lose, it’s a form of self-destruction. They like to wince and talk about their losses, never their winnings. You know, I think some Potheads are funny, the smaller ones, they like to take a hit. Such is life.

Are your thoughts on casual alcohol drinkers similar?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
All I know is it seems like a lot of trouble to keep adults from feeling better and not hurting anyone. But then again I am pragmatic.

I seriously think the money can be much better spent than intruding on people's lives fir no reason.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The more a fellow drinks the more of an idiot he is, for the more he drinks the further away from reality he goes.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
All I know is it seems like a lot of trouble to keep adults from feeling better and not hurting anyone. But then again I am pragmatic.

I seriously think the money can be much better spent than intruding on people's lives fir no reason.

Agreed. Many people self-medicating in the only way they know how--that's true of alcohol, pot, opioids, and lots of other drugs. Add going back an forth to prison to that mix, and you've got a self-perpetuating problem.

There are other approaches to try.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Let's not sneak in opioids and a lot of other drugs. My post was about pot alone.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Fair enough. I disagree, I think most drugs should be legalized or de-criminalized, but I certainly respect your position regarding pot.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Strangely the long-term cannabis users tend to produce less dopamine, a "feel good" chemical in the brain that plays an important role in motivation and reward-driven behaviour, which accounts for why they tend to be lackadaisical loafers. Therefore, then, the “feeling better” notion is called into question.

Tommy
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
It really doesn't matter what the drug is.
It really has to do with what Danny said before about the dealing with the reason, when asking why some can't do things in moderation.

And it's not just drugs. People are addicted to many things. Shopping, eating, sex, gambling, on and on. While not drugs they produce similar chemical reactions in the brain and body. They ruin lives in many of the same ways.

There are many reasons, but I think they all have some level of despair in common. I've known some people destroyed by their compulsions and they all just couldn't bring themselves to believe that their lives were worth living well.
Decriminalization would at least remove the added chaos of dealing with the legal system. I'd imagine that being a criminal doesn't help your feeling of self worth.

The government shouldn't concern itself with anything a person does, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone or anything else.

But there's no money in that.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
When the government make a thing legal they do tend to concern themselves with it.

Tommy
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2017, tommy wrote:
When the government make a thing legal they do tend to concern themselves with it.

Yep, and they'll botch it like everything else.

Except for the making money for the puppet masters part.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2017, tommy wrote:
Strangely the long-term cannabis users tend to produce less dopamine, a "feel good" chemical in the brain that plays an important role in motivation and reward-driven behaviour, which accounts for why they tend to be lackadaisical loafers. Therefore, then, the “feeling better” notion is called into question.

Same mechanism as gambling addiction too.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Lobowolf XXIX has been one of the world's foremost authorities on dopamine for decades.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Your father, I take it?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
We are quite sure that the New York billionaires with the Governments in their pocket can do a better job of supplying drugs to the people to dumb them down; after all they have done it so very well with everything else.

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2017, landmark wrote:
Your father, I take it?

You recognize the name, I see...

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves, Dopey.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2017, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2017, landmark wrote:
Your father, I take it?

You recognize the name, I see...

I'd recognize the famous Professor XXIX's name anywhere.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
If anyone here is in favor of making all drugs legal were in HR ... would you rather hire someone who uses said drugs or someone who is drug free and not dependent on them? If so why or why not? It seems to me that if one feels that it causes no harm and is fine, then a person using drugs is just as competent as one who does not use in your opinion. Of course I see things differently. Going to prison and money saved by making drugs legal is not relevant as there is no proof that this will save money in the long run. It will just ignore such criminal acts as DUI and just label them accidents. Somehow this does not solve any problem. YMMV on this. But it makes drugs legal and to some that is all that matters.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well life does not happen in a vacuum. For consistency sake pot is not any more a killer than legal substances. It is stupid, it causes harm, but just not on a grand scale.

Get to meth and coke and heroine and you pass by the relatively non harmful part and get to real social impacting issues.

You can get through many decades workout pot taking you any further than enjoyment and medical need. The same can not be said of crack.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Marijuana Decriminalization Leads to Violence...Reduction (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL