The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Guided visualization? (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

G-force
View Profile
New user
Unconscious Mind
36 Posts

Profile of G-force
Hello Sirs,

After signing here I've had amazing conversations with allmost genius and deep thinking members. I'm grateful for all ideas I've get - and saved time and looots of money too...
I think that the most important hint I've get from many of you is "Think, read and plan your script - don't just buy all the props witch look fancy...." So it seems that money can't buy happiness in bizarre scene either.

So I've been thinking. And founded that because of my background The Guided Visualization will may be THE thing for me. I see that Guided Visualization is "just" an other name to converstional/Eriscsonian hypnosis (or what word you prefer to use; those are just words).

So Paul Voodini's works are quite familiar for me (either the scripts you found readerofminds site). But I'm sure that there have to be more great books/routines/ideas too about GV... So I would be more than happy if you can recomend me something you've found interesting in that scene (books, routines, props...) and especially how to use 'em in Mystery Performancies/Bizarre Magic in parlour or even a stage conditions.

Kind regards
G
...Now tell me all about your pain
Down to the detail...
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
116 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
'The King in Green' (now available through Gemini Artifacts' Alchemy Moon area) incorporates a guided visualisation with some great mythic themes and a compelling scenario. Done right, it has a very powerful and emotional effect. Highly recommended. The props are of the highest quality, and people always approach me afterwards to ask if they can read the 'supporting materials' (newspaper articles, journal entries, museum exhibit card, etc) as they are so enthralled by it.
G-force
View Profile
New user
Unconscious Mind
36 Posts

Profile of G-force
Yes! Thank you ManxBulll - at first sight that looked really good Smile

Cheers
G
Down to the detail...
Gismologic
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of Gismologic
The Luna book tests are all about guided visualizations- they play dark enough..
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
674 Posts

Profile of Bedford
There is a whole section on guided visualization in Chris Gould's new Artifactum book (comes with the cards), also at Gemini Artifacts.
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Brynmore's Down the Hatch is worth a look.
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
116 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
Lebanon Circle's 'A Book At Midnight' is also a great effect using guided visualisation and is especially interesting because it compares two sitters at once to achieve its result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6tLZ6mboug
Yogi2x4
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of Yogi2x4
There are whole breeds of effects that could play into GV, look into:

Between the lines, Michael Murray
Sanctum cards (mine was gypsy curse)
Hypno card (was at Alchemy Moon)

These three involve visualizations in a form

Between the lines (I recommend this most highly)

This one is particularly excellent, personally my favorite.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2017, Dr. O wrote:

Thanks Dr O.

On the topic of guided visualisation, as other posts have alluded to, this can be used a few ways within effects. It can be the method used to create the effect, it can be used as a presentational vehicle, or it can be used to obfuscate the real method. Or some combination of options. It is great used in all of these ways.

It is a very powerful tool and has lots more legs before it is done.
G-force
View Profile
New user
Unconscious Mind
36 Posts

Profile of G-force
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2017, Brynmore14 wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2017, Dr. O wrote:

Thanks Dr O.

On the topic of guided visualisation, as other posts have alluded to, this can be used a few ways within effects. It can be the method used to create the effect, it can be used as a presentational vehicle, or it can be used to obfuscate the real method. Or some combination of options. It is great used in all of these ways.

It is a very powerful tool and has lots more legs before it is done.

Yes, I like that Down the Hatch idea/routine too - buyed it about half years ago. And in fact just today looked a different kind of old keys and tried to imagine where those keys will leads me and the audience. So greetings and thanks for me too Smile
Down to the detail...
G-force
View Profile
New user
Unconscious Mind
36 Posts

Profile of G-force
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2017, Yogi2x4 wrote:
There are whole breeds of effects that could play into GV, look into:

Between the lines, Michael Murray
Sanctum cards (mine was gypsy curse)
Hypno card (was at Alchemy Moon)
Between the lines (I recommend this most highly)

This one is particularly excellent, personally my favorite.

Thank you; I've allways liked Murray's works so I take Between the lines to deeper look Smile

Sanctums have been a little bit of difficult tasks for me: Number 2's front and background can be little bit hard to see clearly if the volunteer is for ex older gentleman... And nr. 4 is not my favourite too. But I don't have a Gypsy C so that can be a positive one. And I never had nr. 3 witch is bigger (postcard size I suppose) and maybe have ritcher details than 2.

In general one question more: Does anyone have in mind Guided Visualization routine/story suitable for about 10 - 15 spectators? So any ideas what's the story if you want to offer a hypnotic trip to several spectators?
Down to the detail...
Yogi2x4
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of Yogi2x4
My first guess is a Titanic theme, the audience would need guidance (I'm sure you'd assume,) due to their potentially varried Accounts.

Carnival
Theatre
Airplane
Hot air balloon (I like this one quite a bit personally)

I might be way off.

Donner party?
Eh
G-force
View Profile
New user
Unconscious Mind
36 Posts

Profile of G-force
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2017, Yogi2x4 wrote:
My first guess is a Titanic theme, the audience would need guidance (I'm sure you'd assume,) due to their potentially varried Accounts.
Carnival
Theatre
Airplane
Hot air balloon (I like this one quite a bit personally)
I might be way off.
Donner party?
Eh

In fact lots of points, thank you! And hot air balloon is one of my favourite inductions in conversational hypnosis - strange thing but it just do it Smile
Down to the detail...
Yogi2x4
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of Yogi2x4
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2017, G-force wrote:

[The] hot air balloon is one of my favourite inductions in conversational hypnosis...

That's exactly what I was imagining! It carries a gentle implication. Also, useful imagery.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
I contributed one to Mind Blasters II (UK). It was inspired by Pastell, in Mind, Myth & Magick. I generally prefer to let my hypnotherapy clients choose their own scenes.

Barry
G-force
View Profile
New user
Unconscious Mind
36 Posts

Profile of G-force
Thanks Barry! I own just Mind Blasters USA so now I have a good reason to buy UK version too.
Down to the detail...
Caveman
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Caveman
Thought I'd recommend Intimate Mysteries, by Chris Philpott. It contains a series of presentations, most are quite powerful; one of them is quite dark (and pretty cool). There are several guided visualisations that build up to a magical finale. During the presentation the spectator makes choices, so there would be breaks in the hypnotic quality that a traditional guided visualisation would induce, however, depending on your skill set and some imagination you might come up with something outside of the box. The presentations are very thougtful though, and very personal.

Where I work, we do guided visualisations with groups of people, for relaxation purposes. We always read from a script, with some sort of relaxing music playing in the background. They're very effective, and even as the reader I sometimes feel myself getting a little entranced by the whole thing. You've got me thinking though, I hadn't thought of using a guided visualisation in a bizarre performance, good food for thought, thanks!
G-force
View Profile
New user
Unconscious Mind
36 Posts

Profile of G-force
^^ Caveman: I like Philpotts routines a lot but I don't have that IT so thank you for a hint - I will certainly buy that!

And I think that we all have unexamided territories with GW - I'm sure that we all will find at least something new with that Smile
Down to the detail...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Guided visualization? (17 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL