We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alakazam Magic Presents: Crazy Town Poker by John Carey! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1051 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Anyone for Poker?😀
I'm thrilled to release Crazy Town Poker in conjunction with Alakazam Magic. A very direct, fooling and commercial Poker deal that is so much fun to perform. Make your spectators the stars!

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Crazy......oad.html
avimag51
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of avimag51
Saw the performance. sorry , not so impressive and easy to figure.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3162 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Looked good, nice presentation
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
It makes NO DIFFERENCE if it is easy for a magician to figure it out.

Nothing fools me now(or very rarely does)

From a WORKING magicians point of view it is brilliant.

It's easy to do & involves at least 2 spectators (but you could involve more).

It has a "hook" which is gambling & different types of shuffles from around the world & the audience do most of the effect & "decide everything"

Another important thing is that it doesn't go on for ever & a table is not needed as spectators or patricipants have hands.

Well done John.

You have streamlined a fantastic effect & added entertainment, fun & joy to a practically hands off poker demonstation.

Thank you for putting out a routine that anyone can do. You put in the trial & error, the tweaking etc & always come up with GOLD.

You make it easy for us do all of the hard work to make us look good.

Brilliant Mr Carey.

Mike Donoghue
avimag51
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of avimag51
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2017, mike donoghue wrote:
It makes NO DIFFERENCE if it is easy for a magician to figure it out.

Nothing fools me now(or very rarely does)

From a WORKING magicians point of view it is brilliant.

It's easy to do & involves at least 2 spectators (but you could involve more).

It has a "hook" which is gambling & different types of shuffles from around the world & the audience do most of the effect & "decide everything"

Another important thing is that it doesn't go on for ever & a table is not needed as spectators or patricipants have hands.

Well done John.

You have streamlined a fantastic effect & added entertainment, fun & joy to a practically hands off poker demonstation.

Thank you for putting out a routine that anyone can do. You put in the trial & error, the tweaking etc & always come up with GOLD.

You make it easy for us do all of the hard work to make us look good.

Brilliant Mr Carey.

Mike Donoghue

realy nice long responce.
your only mistake is that I am not a magician only like it as hobby , and still I figured it out easily.
true that its not so expencive , but I think there are many tricks out there even free that are more sophisticated and hard to figure.
only IMO .
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
It's very transparent that you are not a magician & have very little knowledge about the subject.

If you are not a magician, what the hell are you doing talking about something it's obvious you know nothing about.

It's normally new people on the Café who disrespect people they know very little about.

IN THIS CASE YOU ARE DISRESPECTING SOMEONE WHO HAS HAD SEVERAL BOOKS & DVD'S OUT & WHO LECTURES ALL OVER THE WORLD & IS ONE OF THE NICEST PEOPLE IN MAGIC.

Nevermind, that's all I have to say on this post to you.

Good luck in what ever it is you are trying to achieve.

Mike Donoghue
Bande
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Bande
Two quick thoughts. First although not my type of effect, I think John Carey is a real joy to watch -- you can learn so much from watching top professionals. Second, can we please refrain from attacking people just because they have a position you happen to disagree with. This site is about magicians helping magicians. There is no need to SHOUT or telling people they have no right to talk etc. Avi simply expressed his opinion in a reasonable manner -- Mike you disagree. OK so let it go. Or if you really cannot -- then try to be constructive -- maybe recommend a DVD of John's you think Avi might enjoy more. Sorry for chiming in, but the world is getting uglier by the day, and hope we can at least keep TMC as a nice respite from it. Smile
avimag51
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of avimag51
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2017, Bande wrote:
Two quick thoughts. First although not my type of effect, I think John Carey is a real joy to watch -- you can learn so much from watching top professionals. Second, can we please refrain from attacking people just because they have a position you happen to disagree with. This site is about magicians helping magicians. There is no need to SHOUT or telling people they have no right to talk etc. Avi simply expressed his opinion in a reasonable manner -- Mike you disagree. OK so let it go. Or if you really cannot -- then try to be constructive -- maybe recommend a DVD of John's you think Avi might enjoy more. Sorry for chiming in, but the world is getting uglier by the day, and hope we can at least keep TMC as a nice respite from it. Smile

exactly.

i already bought in the past some download videoes of john carey from alakazam and very enjoyed cause most of his tricks are slightless , as I like
crazy poker is a trick that I figured from the first watch and I just wanted to point out this fact,without trying to achieve anything MR. donoghue.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Well lads, I am sorry if I came over a tad harsh, it's just I am sick of people taking a pop at class acts who release quality.

Mike Donoghue
Bande
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Bande
No worries Mike -- I agree with you re: John Carey's ability. And also think it is fine to defend him and explain why you think he is great and the trick will work well etc. Just want it kept civilized to the extent we can. Smile I honestly didn't read his comments as negative towards Mr. carey but just a statement the trick wasn't for him. As you know what many amateurs (including me) miss a lot of the time is that "obvious" tricks presented correctly can be mystifying and complex tricks presented badly can be a huge yawn. I personally prefer simpler tricks as I like to concentrate on performance and story and leave the knuckle busting stuff to the pros.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12083 Posts

Profile of John C
It's called fun. The routine is just fun.

And since this cat isn't a magician he doesn't get the fact that we want our spectators to simply have fun.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alakazam Magic Presents: Crazy Town Poker by John Carey! (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL