The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Trickstarter - Launch Your Magic Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RJP
View Profile
New user
Calgary, AB
4 Posts

Profile of RJP
You've heard of crowd-funding and Kickstarter, yes? You have an idea for a product, make a pitch, and seek out willing supporters to help you make it happen.

Well, Cosmo Solano (who had a big Kickstarter hit with the Spectrum Deck) has started up TRICKstarter... exclusively for magicians and magic tricks.

I had never met Cosmo before, but as soon as I saw his idea I jumped in with both feet. I launched my first project and I'm thrilled to see that the magic community was excited too... I just hit 100% of my funding goal and still with a couple weeks to go! So, I can attest, it does work!

The whole site is still brand new, and I know Cosmo has a lot on his plate with un-related projects, so he's been keeping in on the down-low. But I'm really keen on the idea. I want magical creators to start thinking about it as a viable option for launching their own original projects. And I'm looking forward to seeing what projects come to life.

So go have a look at http://www.trickstarter.com and get planning for your big product launch!

-Ryan
Luke Jonas
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire UK
108 Posts

Profile of Luke Jonas
This is such a clever idea!
mandrax
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
59 Posts

Profile of mandrax
Ah Ah that is a very good idea indeed, I would have love to come with this idea. You should make an inception of crowfunding. go on kickstarter to crow-fund your crow-funding website to make more publicity in the magic industry ? The most difficult part will be to get traction and have more than 5 tricks on the website Smile I wish you the best of luck. Congratulation for your idea!
debjit
View Profile
Regular user
India
134 Posts

Profile of debjit
Great idea and the site looks good. I might start a project there soon myself Smile
servant
View Profile
New user
Texas
64 Posts

Profile of servant
Cool idea, just wonder if the community is large enough to support it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Trickstarter - Launch Your Magic Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL