The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » ??Wizard's Chess?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
Hello anyone and everyone,

I was doing my normal check of ebay for useful mentalism stuff. I came across Wizard's Chess, which really intrests me for two reason, 1, I paly a lot of chess and 2. it comes with information for adapting Max Maven’s wonderful “AUTOME” book test to “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.”

I myself just order Max's first two tapes, so I don't yet know hoe Autome works, but I would love to be able to use Harry Potter for a book test.

Anyone know about either Wizard's Chess or using Autome for Harry potter??

Kevin Smile
Brash
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Brash
It's news to me, but I am intrigued about the possibility of using the Harry Potter. Autome is a little too well known (in magic circles) for my taste, a new presentation using HP definitely piques my interest. Let me know how it looks.

Max's videos are brilliant and worth owning for the performances alone, even if you don't use his routines. I have picked up several performance ideas from him.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4399 Posts

Profile of Paul
Is "Wizard's Chess" just "The Knight's Tour" which is available in print in several places?

Paul.
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
Hello Paul,

I have no idea if it is the Knights tour or not, I will have to just wait and see and let you all know. Here is the write up for what it is worth.

Effect: The participant removes one chess piece from an old chest and conceals it in his right hand. The mentalist proceeds to divine not only the name, but the color of the piece.

This is performance tested and plays VERY well. It may be tied in with the Harry Potter theme.

Winning bidder will also receive information for adapting Max Maven’s wonderful “AUTOME” book test to “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.” However, you must already be familiar with the principle. Max Maven’s method WILL NOT be divulged, so please don’t ask.

I poped the 3.00, just because....

Kevin Smile
Brash
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Brash
Hmmm, I'm going to have to read "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" now. Smile
A l a i n B e ll o n
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of A l a i n B e ll o n
On another mentalism forum a person once offered his personal list of natural forcing books (AUTOME) including Harry Potter's.

Since he shared this information on a personal basis I don't know if it would be ok to share publicly. So I will try to find the contact info.

Then again it just takes a bit of work to find the patterns in the books.

-Alain Bellon
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4585 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Quote:
On 2002-07-08 22:22, Sir T wrote:
Effect: The participant removes one chess piece from an old chest and conceals it in his right hand. The mentalist proceeds to divine not only the name, but the color of the piece.

Ah... the creator of this effect first presented it on another mailing list that I'm on.

It's not the "Knight's Tour."

It actually uses a technique that should be very familiar to Max Maven fans.

:evilgrin:
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4399 Posts

Profile of Paul
Yes I see now from the effect given it's not The Knights Tour. There have been a number of versions of this marked in the past.

Paul.
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
Quote:
On 2002-07-09 15:50, Paul wrote:
Yes I see now from the effect given it's not The Knights Tour. There have been a number of versions of this marked in the past.

Paul.

hi Paul you pick my curiosity with your answer...can you explain what others versions are and from wich creators...

thanks

kuffs
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4399 Posts

Profile of Paul
I was shown one in Scotland years ago that was expertly crafted by a hobbyist and the principle was similar (but better made) than
the one of T A Waters, Box Office in Mind Myth and magic. Chess pieces were used in this. It was shown me by Jim Cuthbert but he didn't make it.

I feel sure Alan Warner manufactured and sold something with chess pieces also, along these lines. His stuff was finely crafted and NOT cheap.

That is just a couple, I am sure I have read of others but cannot remember the detail.

Paul.
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
Hello anyone and everyone,

I have just read Wizards Chess, Easy to do, fast and can be done at the drop of a dime. A nice effect, will play nicely at the chess club and with kids. I am not sure, if it has any more use than that, for me.

As stated earlier, Those who know Max Marvins stuff this will be familiar, to you.

The book test looks nice, it pretty much saves you time, doing the research, so you can put away the thrid deadly sin!

3.00 for both effect, I would say a rather good deal all in all.

Kevin Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » ??Wizard's Chess?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL