The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Green Neck System (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
Deep In the Heart of Texas
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
I tried and he ask for a Pic of me and the book and I replied back how do I send him that Pic and he never replied back. Smile
Chapter 18 (Member circa 1938)
gab
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of gab
Sorry for That.
I answered all questions through messanger.
If you didn't receive the message subscribe again. I changed the question.
gab
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of gab
Solved Smile

If you can't communicate through Messenger send me a pm.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
This is so rich with possibilities and multi dimensional presentation concepts. The layerings and intermingling of other principles in addition to the original are still awaiting major breakthroughs. This can be a potential lifetime endeavor of future volumes and new schools of thought. Leo Boudreau, take notice here.
gab
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of gab
Thank you!
It means a lot!

-------

Join Facebook group:
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1931859317031831
gab
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of gab
Smile
The green neck system has been nominated best product of 2017 by Jheff!!!
———
let's get right into the product which I've crowned the best recommended product of 2017...

GREEN NECK SYSTEM - Gabriel Werlen
http://marketplaceofthemind.com/products/ greeneck/
I am just as excited about this now as I was when it came out this past summer. It has everything that a mentalist could want. It's an easy streamlined version of the Hummer principle (basically, two steps or rules) that can be applied to a whole variety of effects. Every level of performer can do this. And this can be applied to effects to be used in any type of venue. It's easy to learn, is very deceptive, requires no special props, can definitely be done impromptu, and can be done over the phone or Internet.

I'm not sure why this hasn't been talked about more than it has. This technique deserves to be a classic and, in my mind, already is.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2187 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Very well deserved too.

Brilliantly produced and written together with it being an elegant principle and one capable of tailoring in many ways.

Neil
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5692 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Huh, there is VERY much in common with prior published work from Patrick Redford. He also performed this at MindVention if I recall correctly.
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Elite user
SLC, Utah
475 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Hi Tom - on page one of this thread I expressed the same concern but then I looked into it and can happily report that Gabriel’s work IS different from Patrick’s. Both systems might be considered “cousins” under a shared parentage of Hummer’s core concept but each approach is different enough to warrant publishing (IMHO).

I’m a HUGE fan of Patrick’s take on the concept - and now I’m an equal fan of Gabriel’s Smile

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Now Available: OMNI-TEST (Limited Release)
www.mindofandrews.com/omni-test

ARCHITECT OF THE MIND
For more information and to download a free preview visit the link below:
www.mindofandrews.com/colleagues

PENGUIN LIVE ACT: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11689
gab
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of gab
Hi Tom,

The green neck indeed builds on Bob Hummer’s work.
But as I know has nothing to do with Patrick Redford’s published work.
Can you give me some references?

Thanks
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5692 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2018, gab wrote:
Hi Tom,

The green neck indeed builds on Bob Hummer’s work.y
But as I know has nothing to do with Patrick Redford’s published work.
Can you give me some references?

Thanks
Im sure you didn't know, or you would have gotten in touch with him. My suggestion would be for you to go directly to Patrick and discuss it with him. That will omit interpretations and opinions of people not involved.
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
They are completely different works that build from the same Hummer principle. I honestly don't think there's a need to stir the pot here.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1729 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Hey Everyone.

I was just notified about this thread. I only recently became aware of the Green Neck System book. it seems that the principles are much the same. It is my understanding that this system allows for the divination of the location of one object in a row of three but does not allow the performer to know the location of either of the other two. The Triune Force (as I call it) does. The procedure of the Green Neck System and the Triune Force, however, are virtually identical.

It was indeed at a Mindvention that I performed my version of this principle. It was first published in a small booklet/lecture note booklet called "Turn" in 2008. I had lectured the previous year and had introduced the Tetrad Switch and Triad Switch (a four object switch and a three object switch (but at the time the principle didn't have a name but appeared first in the notes called "Transpose" in 2007). The following year I had discovered and put in print something I ended up calling the "Triad Force". While parts of the principle made it into the Shape Series (that comic book mentalism series all with shape titles) the concept of forcing the final resting position of a thought of object (and knowing where the other two objects are) is something that remains exclusive to the Turn notes. I have been known to share it in with workshops groups as well. I have always had plans to include it in the upcoming Geometric book that combines all of the comics (plus Two more as well as further variations and routine improvements). It didn't make the initial cut simply because I found that the material I included in the the final projects was stronger. Consequently nearly all of the shape series books began as lecture notes. The piece called "Ring, Watch, Wallet" was also published along side Triune Force but didn't appear again until the further refined version in Hexagon in 2016.

There is absolute value in an entire book of routines exploring these sorts of principles and while I'm not mentioned or credited in the Green Neck System, it seems folks are enjoying it. That can't be a bad thing. All of these principles owe a great deal to the Hummer principle. As that was my starting point as appears to also have been Mr. Werlen's. I have published many routines using these principles over the years and also kept many to myself applying the principles to over the phone demonstrations, chair tests, "smash and stab" routines, impromptu situational predictions, lie detection plots and more. I'm sure there's still much to be discovered and I look forward to any other work that comes out on the topic.

I hope that clears up the above.
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Elite user
SLC, Utah
475 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Thanks providing that insight Patrick! You’re a consummate professional and a class act!

I was only aware of your published material and ignorantly assumed that GNS was different enough from your work because I was unfamiliar with the “Turn” manuscript.

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Now Available: OMNI-TEST (Limited Release)
www.mindofandrews.com/omni-test

ARCHITECT OF THE MIND
For more information and to download a free preview visit the link below:
www.mindofandrews.com/colleagues

PENGUIN LIVE ACT: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11689
gab
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of gab
Thank you Mr Redford for your nice and exhaustive answer!

I was not aware of your previous work "Turn" but own (and love) a few of your shape series including Heptagon.
The green neck system does not use the principle described in Heptagon.
In one effect I do use a similar process to force the position of all 3 objets before using the Green neck system.
You are credited in the book as the beginning of this process is similar to the switch process described in Heptagon.

The Green Neck system does allow to know the position of the chosen object but as well the position of the other objets.
It may well be possible that Turn our methods are the similar!
I will happily send you some elements of the book to know for sure!
Can you send me your email? We can as well organise a skype to share our ideas!
Let me know,
Thank you
siepielski
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of siepielski
A book well worth having. Intelligently written and full of performance scenarios.
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
No drama there then (even though others probably hoped there would be). Two works, different from each other, deserving a separate release. Everyone can back down now please.
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
805 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Glad to see my principle still gets so much attention!
gab
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of gab
No drama here! Smile
I’m very cautious about references. I made a lot of researches before publishing the green neck.

I’m sincerely interested in knowing if the same principle has been discovered simultaneously!

I’m trying to get in touch with Patrick Redford.

Tom Kutts, did you actually read my book, or heard about it?

Bob, thanks. I owe you a pint! Smile
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
You gave us a great gift with The Green Neck System gab.

In fact, I'm going to call it the gift of the gab.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Green Neck System (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL