The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Unlimited by Banachek (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8636

Sounds like a good deal. Video and a 30 page PDF. Looking forward to seeing some reviews.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Looks really interesting
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
PW. This is his work on PW.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Why isn't this an instant download? Tried to buy it but was asked for shipping but if it's a video and PDF shouldn't it be an instant download ?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2017, SleepyMagic wrote:
Why isn't this an instant download? Tried to buy it but was asked for shipping but if it's a video and PDF shouldn't it be an instant download ?

They probably screwed up on the back end inventory side of things.
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
It is an instant download -- I just bought it

34 minutes and a pdf included
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2017, Tony Venetico wrote:
It is an instant download -- I just bought it

34 minutes and a pdf included

What do you think? Does the video cover everything in the PDF??

Thanks.
Tempesta
View Profile
Elite user
USA
404 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2017, kissdadookie wrote:

Yeah, I recognized this from his lecture. This irony is that PW is too "limiting" in my venues--so I would have been bummed, buying this and not knowing it was based on that principle.

It's good stuff and he's good at it, but know you are getting a thought-out, technical treatise on one skill: PW.
//Sean Beard
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2017, Tempesta wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, I recognized this from his lecture. This irony is that PW is too "limiting" in my venues--so I would have been bummed, buying this and not knowing it was based on that principle.

Why not just say what it is in the ad copy? Seems.... shady.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I don't think there was any shady intentions especially from someone like Banachek. I think most enthusiast of the art would recognise quickly what method this entailed after watching the trailer. However, for anyone else coming across the trailer on you tube, it would not be so obvious. And as for the price, well pennies isn't it. I'll be paying 15 bucks to listen to what this guy, a seasoned pro at the height of his profession, has to say on the subject just in case I want to pocket write one day LOL!
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2017, takeachance wrote:
I don't think there was any shady intentions especially from someone like Banachek. I think most enthusiast of the art would recognise quickly what method this entailed after watching the trailer. However, for anyone else coming across the trailer on you tube, it would not be so obvious. And as for the price, well pennies isn't it. I'll be paying 15 bucks to listen to what this guy, a seasoned pro at the height of his profession, has to say on the subject just in case I want to pocket write one day LOL!

I doubt Banachek wrote the ad copy, but I could be wrong. Just stating it is PW would be enough for the enthusiast to know, yet those unfamiliar with PW would still be in the dark.

I didn't comment on the price, nor does that have anything to do with the ad copy which purposefully doesn't tell us what this actually is.

This isn't even about Banachek, only about this vague ad copy I am seeing with mentalism effects.

s
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2017, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2017, Tempesta wrote:
Quote:

Why not just say what it is in the ad copy? Seems.... shady.

Not shady IMHO. This has how effects have always traditionally been marketed. Don't people remember buying effects at the magic shops that came with photocopy instructions and you literally just had the effect description to base your purchase on? LoL.
Devereaux
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
67 Posts

Profile of Devereaux
Wouldn't the lecture be the better deal? Anyone know what is covered in the stand alone effect that is not covered in the lecture?
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1291 Posts

Profile of Robb
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2017, Devereaux wrote:
Wouldn't the lecture be the better deal? Anyone know what is covered in the stand alone effect that is not covered in the lecture?

That's my question. It seems like Penguin has a habit of taking a single effect/technique from an existing lecture and making it into a separate product... Usually that product is equal to the price of the full lecture except offered at 50% off for the first few weeks. It's kind of annoying. They should say, "If you own Banachek's lecture, you already know this technique.". If it's an extended explanation and with other material, that's fine, but at least let folks know it's the same basic technique.
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
I would also like to know if this download is a more in depth look into PW then the lecture..
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
This is much more thorough, with live performances, much more video instruction, as well as a dense 30 page pdf.

That said, the lecture is great. If you haven't seen the lecture, then it's an easy decision -- get the lecture! It's an insane value. Banachek was extremely generous with his time and wisdom that unforgettable night. It's unfair to compare the "value" of anything against this lecture... it's just... wow.

If you watched the lecture, loved it and want a comprehensive guide with everything Banachek has ever taught about Unlimited and then some, check this out.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
I know what PW is but have never studied it. Would the techniques of unlimited be preformable in jeans and no jacket?

Thanks
Sleepy
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2017, SleepyMagic wrote:
I know what PW is but have never studied it. Would the techniques of unlimited be preformable in jeans and no jacket?

Thanks
Sleepy

Depends on the jeans Smile Baggy jeans? Maybe. Skinny jeans? Probably not. In most cases, anyway.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2017, Acar wrote:
This is much more thorough, with live performances, much more video instruction, as well as a dense 30 page pdf.

That said, the lecture is great. If you haven't seen the lecture, then it's an easy decision -- get the lecture! It's an insane value. Banachek was extremely generous with his time and wisdom that unforgettable night. It's unfair to compare the "value" of anything against this lecture... it's just... wow.

If you watched the lecture, loved it and want a comprehensive guide with everything Banachek has ever taught about Unlimited and then some, check this out.

So true. All of the above. You just can't go wrong learning from Banachek.
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
The download is worth it even just for the PDF guys. It's very comprehensive.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Unlimited by Banachek (12 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL