The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ [Review] Quiver by Kelvin Chow (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1730 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quiver Ė Kelvin Chow

Product description : It seems that the wallet trend is a little bit over, there was a lot of wallets coming out recently. Now, letís talk about purses ! I love having a purse with me, now if not only I can carry my coins but also do magic tricks, it would be a dream. The dream is now a reality thanks to the Quiver by Kelvin Chow, itís a devious little leather coin purse which will act like a change bag but donít think this is limited only to what a change bag can do ! With Quiver, youíll be able to change objects, coins, do some prediction effects, card to impossible location and so on. Itís small and pretty, made out of real leather, it seems to be ticking all the boxes but is it worth your money ? Letís find out !

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at $39 and you can find it on Glitch Studio website : http://glitchstudio.goodsie.com/quiver-purse

What you get : You receive a very pretty little box, with the artwork printed on it, nothing fancy about it but itís a nice thing. Inside, protected by some foam, youíll find your Quiver purse, and I must say Iím really impress by the quality of it ! I know there are plenty of leather kind but the Quiver is made out of one of my favourite leather, itís soft, feels and smells great. The quality of the purse is amazing, I can see it lasting a long time. As for its size, I would say it will hold quite a few coins, around 6 to 8 half dollars and a bunch of smaller coins. As for the video, itís a Youtube non-listed video, it lasts around 30 minutes and itís very well shot, clear, to the point, without fancy editing, just what we need in terms of magic video. They provide you with several routines and ideas and I think this is very important because the Quiver is something which can achieve a lot but having some ideas to start with is a great base so you can come up with your own. Iím very impressed by the whole product, itís one, if not the, best quality product Iíve seen this year.

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLppw7Tf0S4

The pros and the cons : Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS :
Ė The purse canít really be examined but you can let the spectator handle it ! So on one hand, itís a con but on the other hand, itís not a problem because people can open it themselves.
Ė I know the last one wasnít really a con in itself but it was so hard to find one so.. Maybe the price, it may be a little bit expensive for just a coin purse.

THE PROS :
Ė First of all, this item is one of the best Iíve seen this year in terms of quality, itís well made, no fancy packaging nor explanations video, just a simple and straight to the point tutorial. The purse in itself is made out of very fine leather.
Ė THE SPECTATORS CAN OPEN THE PURSE THEMSELVES ! This is a huge pro compared to a change bag, which you couldnít let people even touch. Here, the magic happens in the spectatorís own hands, they can whether checked that something has changed or take out a piece of paper.
Ė You can switch from one compartment to the other without having to close the purse, which will allow to do some amazing visual effects such as a bill turning into a bunch of coins. But not only that, you can show a folded card into the purse, and while you ďdumpĒ it, you can switch it for the spectatorís signed one !
Ė Itís very easy to do, you can decide which compartment you want to open in seconds and open it without even thinking about it, which is great, and I want to be sure Iím opening the right compartment every time without having to look at the purse to make sure itís open.
Ė The purse can hold billets, folded cards, coins, post it note and so on so itís a very versatile prop which can be used in many different magical fields, whether itís coin magic, mentalism or cards.
Ė With a little bit of thinking, you could use it to perform effects like Inferno by Joshua Jay, and the video helps you to develop these ideas. Think about what a himber wallet can do and do it with the purse !

Overall rating : This is a change bag built into a purse, which people can open and they will always open the same compartment, so you can do many effects hands off ! I will be definitely using it, this is, itís one of my favourite utility tool Iíve had this year so far, 4/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, itís very easy to know which compartment to open, you can focus on your presentation, I would say 1/5 stars.

Similar products : There are a few other products which can achieve the same thing, first the C-Purse which I will also review, the Tony Osaka Purse, or even the purse by Magie Factory called The Switcher.

If you liked my review, make sure to check all my other ones on my website Smile
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12055 Posts

Profile of John C
I see in the demo video he does a change prediction. Is this possible with the Quiver Alex?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1730 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2017, John C wrote:
I see in the demo video he does a change prediction. Is this possible with the Quiver Alex?


In the trailer of the Quiver ?
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1839 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Bargatze Ė I Hate Kids

Has what appears to be 3 of these purses and is only
$50.

I'm not sure because I don't have it.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
tommy ng
View Profile
Veteran user
USA,Oregon
377 Posts

Profile of tommy ng
I have one ,i like it, is very good quality.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2512 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2017, Neznarf wrote:
Bargatze Ė I Hate Kids

Has what appears to be 3 of these purses and is only
$50.

I'm not sure because I don't have it.

not the same thing.

this looks super cool, but the visuals scream "trick coin purse!" and it can't be really looked at so.... "Cool, where can I get a trick purse like that?"
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12055 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2017, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2017, Neznarf wrote:
Bargatze Ė I Hate Kids

Has what appears to be 3 of these purses and is only
$50.

I'm not sure because I don't have it.

not the same thing.

this looks super cool, but the visuals scream "trick coin purse!" and it can't be really looked at so.... "Cool, where can I get a trick purse like that?"


not if you use it properly. just like everything else.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12055 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2017, Alex DLF wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2017, John C wrote:
I see in the demo video he does a change prediction. Is this possible with the Quiver Alex?


In the trailer of the Quiver ?


yea
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1730 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Yes, it's completely possible Smile
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2512 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
[quote]On Sep 8, 2017, John C wrote:
Quote:

not if you use it properly. just like everything else.

No. Some things scream "trick X" no matter how you use it.

What do you think people will think if they see these visual changes and can't look at the purse?

S
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12055 Posts

Profile of John C
[quote]On Sep 9, 2017, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2017, John C wrote:
Quote:

not if you use it properly. just like everything else.

No. Some things scream "trick X" no matter how you use it.

What do you think people will think if they see these visual changes and can't look at the purse?

S


like I said...if you use it properly. just like everything else...

Mine should arrive after the hurricane has passed and the mail is delivered again. Smile
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2512 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2017, John C wrote:

like I said...if you use it properly. just like everything else...



Oh, ok then. Great discussion/rebuttal.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4646 Posts

Profile of videoman
Kind of agree about the visual changes but haven't tried any of those yet. There's a thousand other things that you can use it for besides the visual things and it's darn near perfect for those. The spectator being able to open it is a game changer.
Giannim
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Giannim
I have it. Super cool, high quality.
Recommended!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12055 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2017, videoman wrote:
Kind of agree about the visual changes but haven't tried any of those yet. There's a thousand other things that you can use it for besides the visual things and it's darn near perfect for those. The spectator being able to open it is a game changer.


My point. We all have our ideas and uses for props. The demos aren't cut in stone. There's so much more you can use this for besides visual changes.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2512 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2017, John C wrote:

My point. We all have our ideas and uses for props. The demos aren't cut in stone. There's so much more you can use this for besides visual changes.

That wasn't your point. You didn't say that at all.
No one said the demo was cut in stone. No one said you couldn't use it for other things.
So then you agree with me about the visual changes. Which was my point.

s
Robert Houdin 78
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Robert Houdin 78
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2017, John C wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2017, videoman wrote:
Kind of agree about the visual changes but haven't tried any of those yet. There's a thousand other things that you can use it for besides the visual things and it's darn near perfect for those. The spectator being able to open it is a game changer.


My point. We all have our ideas and uses for props. The demos aren't cut in stone. There's so much more you can use this for besides visual changes.


Agreed!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12055 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2017, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2017, John C wrote:

My point. We all have our ideas and uses for props. The demos aren't cut in stone. There's so much more you can use this for besides visual changes.

That wasn't your point. You didn't say that at all.
No one said the demo was cut in stone. No one said you couldn't use it for other things.
So then you agree with me about the visual changes. Which was my point.

s


good lord Mr Sponge. Ok, you're right!! I'm wrong.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2429 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
This looks like it would be perfect for a bill serial number divination. Money goes in a purse for safe keeping and they remove it themselves after some time misdirection. Since it isn't visual and they remove it themselves they shouldn't suspect a switch.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4415 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2017, Paul Rathbun wrote:
This looks like it would be perfect for a bill serial number divination. Money goes in a purse for safe keeping and they remove it themselves after some time misdirection. Since it isn't visual and they remove it themselves they shouldn't suspect a switch.


yes that sounds like a good plan!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ [Review] Quiver by Kelvin Chow (16 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL