The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » All (or Four) of a kind (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

misamagic
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of misamagic
Hi
I very much like Juan Tamariz' All of a Kind (or Four of a Kind). (The magician unsuccessfully tries to guess & find the three mates of an unknown freely selected card. Eventually he magically corrects his initial three errors.)
Generally I think the "magician in trouble" or "the magician makes good" plot is very smart/entertaining.
Are there any other versions (by different magicians) of this trick with a mem deck?
Thank you very much.
Best regards
Mihail
Ahlichs
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Ahlichs
Theres a trick in "In Order to Amaze" by Pit Hatling that is VERY similar to All of a Kind. If you liked that trick, you'll love Pits
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
I love the above mentioned effect in Pit's book. I think its even better than Juan's original as it has a wonderful plot and wonderful surprise and more eye candy!
Ahlichs
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Ahlichs
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2017, Patrick Redford wrote:
I love the above mentioned effect in Pit's book. I think its even better than Juan's original as it has a wonderful plot and wonderful surprise and more eye candy!

For sure. There are several effects in Pits book that seem like improved versions of things in Mnemonica (Sherlock vs TNT comes to mind, as well as the obvious Poker Fourmulas vs Any Hand called For)
AntonF
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of AntonF
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2017, Ahlichs wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2017, Patrick Redford wrote:

For sure. There are several effects in Pits book that seem like improved versions of things in Mnemonica (Sherlock vs TNT comes to mind, as well as the obvious Poker Fourmulas vs Any Hand called For)

You are right, but remember that Pit uses Tamariz's Mnemonica, and he is always refering to Mnemonica as inspiration. That would be for something...
On the other hand, poker formulas, is IMHO one of the best tricks recently created. But has a weak point: it is just one step. Im trying to create a three phase routine, mixing others ideas. Any suggestions?
[...] The passion culminates in the professional. He would rather play than eat. Winning is not his sole delight.[...] there is but one pleasure in life better than winning, that is, in making the hazard...
misamagic
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of misamagic
Thank you.
fab1an
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of fab1an
Would you guys recommend All of a Kind as an Opener for a mem deck routine?
Ahlichs
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Ahlichs
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2017, fab1an wrote:

I love opening with a magician-in-trouble plot. all of a kind would be a great opener
fab1an
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of fab1an
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2017, Ahlichs wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2017, fab1an wrote:

I love opening with a magician-in-trouble plot. all of a kind would be a great opener

Exactly my thoughts! Have been opening my routine with this effect a few times now and it was always great.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » All (or Four) of a kind (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL