The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Came across a souce for metal TT's... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of DaveGripenwaldt
People wondering where you can get a metal TT comes up here now and again, so I thought I'd post this. I have not purchased this myself, but you can apparently get a new one here: http://magicgoods.com/products/thumb-tip-copper .

Interestingly it looks like its made with Dr Daley's modification...don't see that much.

Anyone had experience with this seller or the TT itself?
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
It looks like it might be the same as THIS ONE from Daytona Magic.

The fact that the one on the MagicGoods site is made from copper is intriguing.

An interesting choice of metal to use in the making of a thumbtip.
DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Not sure if it is the same or not - whoever made the Daytona one took the time to paint the nail. Looks like it is the same shape, though.

I know you don't need a metal tip to do cig work, but I might pick one up to play with.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Know anyone who is politically incorrect enough to smoke cigars? I've been making metal TT's out of cigar tubes for........a long time.

Just a thought!
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

...making the longest TTs in history. Smile
canadianmagicfella
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of canadianmagicfella
Good idea! I'm just wondering if you go into any detail with painting them or just colour them with skin colored paint? Advice?
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2017, canadianmagicfella wrote:
Good idea! I'm just wondering if you go into any detail with painting them or just colour them with skin colored paint? Advice?

Sometimes they are just painted with a close flesh-tone and sometimes they are made out of plastic cigar tubes that are beige in color.

I never go into great detail since it's not supposed to be noticed in the first place.

FWIW Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Came across a souce for metal TT's... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL