The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fraser Parker's Incredible New Drawing Duplication » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Nice review, Jacob!

Quote:
On Jul 30, 2017, magician 336 wrote:
Update!!!

The review itself is done and most editing cut, but I have to fix one element of it to feel it's ready for my channel.

If you can look past the bad outdo (I'm still getting used to YouTube taking away my annotations commands and limiting them) then here is a temporary link for those interested.

https://youtu.be/wfKJe5r0f9M

XX,
-Jacob

P.S. If I hear one thing about the outro then I'm going to disable it until it's ready, so please hold you tongues until final copy is ready.
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
😳... Interesting thread ah ah ah!

I will not comment on Harrybowman's words, but will focus on a more constructive input. Just watched your review Jacob, and you put it very nicely. Well done!!

I wish you all a very nice day, and please guys... ✌️ PEACE ✌️

Friendly,

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
HONEST REVIEW

I bought this effect today. I want to say upfront that I have never conversed with Fraser Parker, Peter Turner, Jakob or any of these guys. Also, I am not a fan of Fraser's earliest work but do think that his later ideas are interesting.
I do not own Proteus (cost of the book plus shipping is a little out of my budget) but I do know how it works (from the demos, similar effects and trying to figure it out cus I love puzzles)

THE EFFECT

The opening of the effect is nearly identical to that of Proteus where the participant is asked to imagine a drawing/ doodle they could quickly do. The difference with Parker's effect is the performer states that he also has a drawing in mind. The performer has the spectator guess at performers drawing . This serves as a demonstration to show the spectator how difficult it is to intuit a "mental drawing". It also aid you in discerning what the participant has in mind for their own drawing.

If the above is done correctly, the mentalist will already have enough information to be down to a handful of possibilities (as little as 3 at times). From here the mentalist could employ one of Michael Murray's ideas or various other gambits to find zero in on the drawing (if it is one of your outs).

MY THOUGHTS

This owes its existence to Proteus. Parker has added a frame work that replaces asking for letters, and narrows down the outs. The parker idea adds a layer of deception that I really like. It allows you to gain information covertly then cover your tracks with a few sentences. I would imagine your success rate to be close to the original Proteus.

This effect is a clever variation that borrows a lot from Proteus. $25 is probably on the high side for those who own Proteus.
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2017, The Mac wrote:
HONEST REVIEW

I bought this effect today. I want to say upfront that I have never conversed with Fraser Parker, Peter Turner, Jakob or any of these guys. Also, I am not a fan of Fraser's earliest work but do think that his later ideas are interesting.
I do not own Proteus (cost of the book plus shipping is a little out of my budget) but I do know how it works (from the demos, similar effects and trying to figure it out cus I love puzzles)

THE EFFECT

The opening of the effect is nearly identical to that of Proteus where the participant is asked to imagine a drawing/ doodle they could quickly do. The difference with Parker's effect is the performer states that he also has a drawing in mind. The performer has the spectator guess at performers drawing . This serves as a demonstration to show the spectator how difficult it is to intuit a "mental drawing". It also aid you in discerning what the participant has in mind for their own drawing.

If the above is done correctly, the mentalist will already have enough information to be down to a handful of possibilities (as little as 3 at times). From here the mentalist could employ one of Michael Murray's ideas or various other gambits to find zero in on the drawing (if it is one of your outs).

MY THOUGHTS

This owes its existence to Proteus. Parker has added a frame work that replaces asking for letters, and narrows down the outs. The parker idea adds a layer of deception that I really like. It allows you to gain information covertly then cover your tracks with a few sentences. I would imagine your success rate to be close to the original Proteus.

This effect is a clever variation that borrows a lot from Proteus. $25 is probably on the high side for those who own Proteus.

Very glad to read that as well...!

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fraser Parker's Incredible New Drawing Duplication » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (32 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL