The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The WHO still rock. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I went to see the opening show here last night in Vegas and even at 70 plus these guys put on a hell of a show. Not just a couple of old fossils dragging their old bones around the stage embarrassing themselves.

A high energy show. Nothing new, though they threatened to do a new release soon!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2488 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Who was on drums and bass?
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well on Bass was John Button, representing America! He is new this tour and it is a different feel but I liked it a lot.

On drums as for the past 21 years or so Zac Starkey. Probably better known as Ringo Star's kid. Urban legend holds his daddy only gave him one drum lesson to discourage him from music. Some who are not too impressed with his father's drumming are happy with that.

Also Simon Townsend joins them again. Plus a couple keyboard players.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Just saw them in Canandaigua, NY two weeks ago, at the beginning of their mini tour leading up to the Vegas residency. They were better than in YEARS. It was my fifth time seeing The Who. Had the good fortune of seeing them twice before Entwistle passed, twice with Pino on bass, and now this one. Daltrey was absolutely ON FIRE on this tour!!!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I've seen just about every tour since I was 12. Luckily I go again on the 9th of August. The Colloseum in Ceasars is such an amazing room to see a show.

Last time I saw then was in The Joint. Nice space also. That was their Quadrophenia tour. And in 2010 I saw Roger Daltry song Tommy in Philadelphia.

It is interesting how much different the crowd acts at a "theater" setting like Ceasars. Not really as much fun. They were still an incredible show, the audience just acts different.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Ahh I saw them do Quadrophenia in Buffalo in 1996. Then a Best Of tour in Philadelphia in 1999. Toronto in 2002, on the final show of the tour that John died just before the start, their first tour with Pino. Two years ago I saw them in Connecticut at Mohegan Sun. There's really nothing like seeing The Who live.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The WHO still rock. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL