The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magic Spinner (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
You can't escape it, they are everywhere. I have a fidget spinner, you probably do too. Now there is a magic version that some of you might want.

More info:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=60335

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Marniac
View Profile
New user
Bilbao, Spain
28 Posts

Profile of Marniac
Who's selling this?
Jmolomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Victorville
332 Posts

Profile of Jmolomagic
I used this at an Autism event last weekend and everyone loved it! Bright, colorful and almost everyone had a fidget spinner.
Jonathan Molo
360-989-6602
www.JonathanMolo.com
samllevy
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of samllevy
Nice idea !
thecardbutler
View Profile
New user
Mexico City, Mexico
50 Posts

Profile of thecardbutler
Seems like it would be good for kids, but only for a limited time, since fads like the fidget spinner die out very quickly IMO
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2017, thecardbutler wrote:
Seems like it would be good for kids, but only for a limited time, since fads like the fidget spinner die out very quickly IMO

I'd agree with your statement 99.9999998% of the time. However, I think there will be a very specific market once the toy flavor dies off. They tried to market it to ADD kids(without proper research) and failed, but it actually does help me focus much better when I read...but I digress.

The specific market I speak of is Parkinson's patients.
My 69 year old mother is currently battling breast cancer, which in turn makes her Parkinson's shakes worse/more often.
We have found that the fidget spinner AND the fidget cube BOTH do wonders for her shakes.
I don't know if this would be the average response, but it does seem to fit into the framework of Parkinson's disease and how the shakes can be disrupted with movement.

Sorry if this is too sideways from the original subject matter.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
I'm sorry... But I think this is lame.
Such a cop out to turn something into a card revelation. That requires no thinking whatsoever.
Awhile back there were these handheld motorized fans that had LEDs on them that would make patterns.
Not long after that, someone makes one with a card revelation on it just like this thing.
Yeah.. How many people still use that fan? No one.
Sure, these spinners were the fad, but fads die a quick death.
Already you can go to any store and find discount bins full of these things that no one is buying.
Even if the fad wasn't over, magic creators need stop slapping a card prediction on every new toy that comes out.
That's like the least "outside the box" thinking ever.

Randi
Jmolomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Victorville
332 Posts

Profile of Jmolomagic
It's all about entertainment. Most of the events I do, have children with disabilities. Fad or not they're using them and can relate to this item. Even my sons school it's still popular. I had a chance to use it at an Autism event last weekend and when I pulled the fidget spinner out of my pocket, most of the children's eyes lit up. Why because they can relate to this item. I explained to the children that this is a special fidget spinner, that can read minds. It went well. They were entertained. Which is my goal. Will I use this next week? Who knows but if this gimmicked fidget spinner help me accomplish my goal. What's wrong with that?
Jonathan Molo
360-989-6602
www.JonathanMolo.com
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2017, randirain wrote:
magic creators need stop slapping a card prediction on every new toy that comes out.

Randi

We both know you're 100% correct.
We also both know this will never change(unfortunately).
It's just too easy to make money on stuff like this.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I won‘t buy it, but I actually think it‘s a good idea to combine magic with new toys. New toys = things that people carry with them all the time. Some people like to see magic tricks with "every day objects." So, we see a lot of effects that you can do with cell phones. Cell phone design changes every few months, but you still see a lot that are only compatible with certain models. As a spectator, I would really enjoy this kind of magic, but, as a magician, it‘s hard (and expensive) to stay with the trend.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2017, Race Blakhart wrote:
Quote:
magic creators need stop slapping a card prediction on every new toy that comes out.

Randi

I agree with Randi's statement for the most part but at the same time I don't see her or anyone else releasing anything utilizing a spinner which is more "out of the box".
So I suppose an argument could be made that even a card revelation is better than nothing.
And nothing wrong with making money off a product as that is the basis for the entire magic market. Consumers have the option to buy or not. If you choose not to purchase this item I'm not sure that having it on the market is detrimental in itself.

Never understood why some people are opposed to anyone releasing something in the hopes of selling a bunch and making a good ROI. If only products were sold that were revolutionary or born out of passion we would have so many fewer options available. It may seem like a good thing at first glance but if you lived in that world for very long I bet you would soon want things to go back to the way they were.
deaton
View Profile
New user
Winter Park Florida
60 Posts

Profile of deaton
Fun and timely. Perfect for kid's close-up.
Smile
Original Old Town Magic Shop owner near Walt Disney World. Former Bozo the Clown in S.W. Ohio TV market. Was the founder and artistic director of Pinocchio's Maroionette Theater in Central Florida. Actor, writer, director, magic and spook show enthusiast.
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2017, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2017, Race Blakhart wrote:
Quote:

Randi

I agree with Randi's statement for the most part but at the same time I don't see her or anyone else releasing anything utilizing a spinner which is more "out of the box".
So I suppose an argument could be made that even a card revelation is better than nothing.
And nothing wrong with making money off a product as that is the basis for the entire magic market. Consumers have the option to buy or not. If you choose not to purchase this item I'm not sure that having it on the market is detrimental in itself.

Never understood why some people are opposed to anyone releasing something in the hopes of selling a bunch and making a good ROI. If only products were sold that were revolutionary or born out of passion we would have so many fewer options available. It may seem like a good thing at first glance but if you lived in that world for very long I bet you would soon want things to go back to the way they were.

People can dislike/criticize something without having to do it better.

I think you missed her point.
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
719 Posts

Profile of Bill08
I like this idea. Another idea I saw somewhere for the fidget spinner was a hovering spinning one, like Bob Hummer's Whirling Card
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Magic Spinner 2.0 is out:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9149

6 tricks with a Fidget Spinner:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fp_6ly70Z8
CR_Shelton
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of CR_Shelton
Sometimes a neat toy in your pocket, presented as nothing more, is just what's called for. If nobody cares about this after Christmas, then I get two months of easy, engaging magic for kids. If I pull it out at the right time, for the right kid, maybe I'll book an extra show. I'll bring it to Thanksgiving and earn some respect from my nephew. For the price, it's not gonna be a struggle to let go of it when the time comes.
An actor is a magician performing the illusion of reality.
www.ActingMagician.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magic Spinner (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL